AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
So after several tries of force closing Alfa and going through the process again I gave up. This was only on 1 of the 2 OEM fobs I got. I was a little hesitant on trying the other because I wasn't sure it it was something wrong with Alfa. Walked away, came back and tried the 2nd fob and it worked after the second try.

I'm assuming the first fob is either locked or there is something wrong with it. I will give it a try again later before contacting the seller.

Great! Sounds like the fob. The first one I tried a couple of times before it worked. The second fob I just received programmed right away. My pressure sensors were the ones that drove me crazy. I had to perform the procedure about 5 times before it cleared and picked them up again.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great! Sounds like the fob. The first one I tried a couple of times before it worked. The second fob I just received programmed right away. My pressure sensors were the ones that drove me crazy. I had to perform the procedure about 5 times before it cleared and picked them up again.
My pressure sensors reset after a couple mile of driving. Didn't have to perform the hub reset/replace.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Has anybody successfully changed engine hours with Alfa? I know it was discussed at one point, but not sure if somebody has actually done it. I've read the premium cluster upgrade thread and finally talked myself into one.

I have an ecodiesel cluster on the way and I'm debating whether to send it to United radio, who can only do mileage for $85, then attempt to change the engine hours myself...

...Or bite the bullet and send it to cluster surgeon to do both for $150.

My main concern is somehow screwing up an expensive cluster. I'm sure Alfa won't corrupt anything, but don't underestimate my ability to break things.

I tried yesterday with my new cluster with no success. I emailed him about changing mileage and he should have an updated soon with the hour's fix and the ability to change mileage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im wondering if there is something going on in the background other than programming the fobs....since Ghost_RAM and I both didnt need to do the RF hub reset/replace, I wonder if Alexi is automatically doing that when we program a FOBIK.

It might explain why it takes "long", maybe its xferring the settings, etc. And maybe that process is running and is why we dont get any updated status from "Programming, please wait".

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Im wondering if there is something going on in the background other than programming the fobs....since Ghost_RAM and I both didnt need to do the RF hub reset/replace, I wonder if Alexi is automatically doing that when we program a FOBIK.

It might explain why it takes "long", maybe its xferring the settings, etc. And maybe that process is running and is why we dont get any updated status from "Programming, please wait".

I bought the Mopar remote Start kit which came with 2 new fobs and installed it 2 weeks ago. It only took ~20-30 seconds max to program a key. It could have something to do with non oem keys or "cheaper oem" keys

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very possible. Saw a couple vids on YouTube showing the differences between genuine OEM fobs and the knock-offs.

The coil on the OEM fobs is much larger, I assume that makes a difference in signal and range.

If I could guarantee that i could program a used fob, I would look for a lightly used OEM as my primary and keep my cheapo for backup.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the Mopar remote Start kit which came with 2 new fobs and installed it 2 weeks ago. It only took ~20-30 seconds max to program a key. It could have something to do with non oem keys or "cheaper oem" keys

I guess it could be for some but mine are OEM. Unless you by cheaper OEM meaning as the base fobs for remote start. The one that actually did program took less than 20 seconds easy. The highline sys could be the issue?

Cisco209

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Greetings just joined to ask a question I've been having a difficult time finding an answer to. Is there any use for alphaobd on a 2009 ram 1500? I see that the post is for 13+ models but was hoping for some use out of it before I commit.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Cisco209

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I guess it could be for some but mine are OEM. Unless you by cheaper OEM meaning as the base fobs for remote start. The one that actually did program took less than 20 seconds easy. The highline sys could be the issue?

It's possible that the highline keys take longer. I know I saw somewhere and I believe it had to do with ram highline keys that they needed to be placed on or extremely close to the rf hub, radio needed or it was recommend to be turned off for the keys to be programmed properly

fraleywp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It's possible that the highline keys take longer. I know I saw somewhere and I believe it had to do with ram highline keys that they needed to be placed on or extremely close to the rf hub, radio needed or it was recommend to be turned off for the keys to be programmed properly

When I programmed my highline fobs, the first one went quickly. The second one did not work after numerous tries and took a while to fail each time. I returned the one that didn't work and haven't bought a second one with remote start yet.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I tried yesterday with my new cluster with no success. I emailed him about changing mileage and he should have an updated soon with the hour's fix and the ability to change mileage

I hope this is the case. It would be a time and money saver and a very powerful addition to Alfa. Where is the section in Alfa for changing hours?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope this is the case. It would be a time and money saver and a very powerful addition to Alfa. Where is the section in Alfa for changing hours?
Hey Gibbs, check in Instrument Panel / Instrument Panel Cluster / Program Customer Features Lifetime Engine Hours or Lifetime Idle Hours

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey Gibbs, check in Instrument Panel / Instrument Panel Cluster / Program Customer Features Lifetime Engine Hours or Lifetime Idle Hours

Thank you. Hopefully an update will come out soon to be able to change hrs and mileage.

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Thank you. Hopefully an update will come out soon to be able to change hrs and mileage.

“Soon” is relative to how long you’re willing to wait. It’s my cluster and I want it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
“Soon” is relative to how long you’re willing to wait. It’s my cluster and I want it now.

Amen to that. Waiting is hard to do when you have new goodies you want to install.

I bet as soon as I ship my cluster off, that feature will be released by Alfa, lol

I may just end up sending mine to a place that can do both mileage and hours, as I want them both to be correct.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amen to that. Waiting is hard to do when you have new goodies you want to install.

I bet as soon as I ship my cluster off, that feature will be released by Alfa, lol

I may just end up sending mine to a place that can do both mileage and hours, as I want them both to be correct.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for mileage correction. He only added the hours because guys were screwing up their clusters trying to change things. Plus that's a slippery slope. Who's to stop everyone with Alfa to change their odometer. Yes, I know it can be verified but how many people have the ability to do it.

Gibbs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I wouldn't get your hopes up for mileage correction. He only added the hours because guys were screwing up their clusters trying to change things. Plus that's a slippery slope. Who's to stop everyone with Alfa to change their odometer. Yes, I know it can be verified but how many people have the ability to do it.

I understand your point completely. I would never want to be misled or scammed by someone changing mileage. I wouldn't deceive somebody with it, and I'm sure most members on here wouldn't, either.
But I'm curious what everyone's opinion is on this-- Should Alfa have this capability or not? Once my cluster arrives, I probably won't be waiting very long before I send it somewhere.