AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can see your point but what's the difference between me charging someone and you helping someone for free? We both just cost him a potential sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Think maybe you misunderstood... I have never helped someone except for on this forum through messages. I have not programmed anyone's truck for free or money. I have encouraged everyone to be supportive and whenever contacting to be sure to promote the Ram community.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.. was not my intent. I merely wanted to point out what I have been seeing and appeal to everyone's sense of morality. What incentive does the developer have other than love of developing if not making money?

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think I might know what’s wrong. I’m curious if ANYBODY has been able to program a regular (non push button start) fob after Feb 10. That was the latest update and he tried adding the perform secret key procedure to the baseline system so tdhachmann could program a new fob and remote start hub on a 2016. This is the same error he gets.
That is the error I received for one of my keys that I still have been unable to program. I emailed a debug log to dev to see if there was anything he or I could do or if it was just the fob was done.

IMG-6091.jpg

Then this after trying again.

IMG-6092.jpg

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just let me know what I need to update with all the changes that have been made for the base and highline setting changes in Alfa.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I think I might know what’s wrong. I’m curious if ANYBODY has been able to program a regular (non push button start) fob after Feb 10. That was the latest update and he tried adding the perform secret key procedure to the baseline system so tdhachmann could program a new fob and remote start hub on a 2016. This is the same error he gets.

This could be a possibility. I did mine on the 9th so the update hadn't come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

^BINGO! We have a winner!

So I dug out my tablet that had an old version of Alfa (2.1.4.0) and it worked like a champ.

Looks like the latest version has an issue programming the FOBs.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Think maybe you misunderstood... I have never helped someone except for on this forum through messages. I have not programmed anyone's truck for free or money. I have encouraged everyone to be supportive and whenever contacting to be sure to promote the Ram community.

Sorry if I ruffled your feathers.. was not my intent. I merely wanted to point out what I have been seeing and appeal to everyone's sense of morality. What incentive does the developer have other than love of developing if not making money?

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings!

Definitely no hard feelings bro. And no ruffled feathers lol. Just speaking my mind. And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but a lot of us have helped people out for free or for a few bucks with enabling features. And look at it this way, maybe helping someone to see it's not that hard will get them to purchase it. I'm all for supporting this stuff, in fact i donated to this forum because it and the people on it have helped me out tremendously. And I couldn't have done any of what I have done without either. Even made a few friends from this place!

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely no hard feelings bro. And no ruffled feathers lol. Just speaking my mind. And I'm sorry if I misunderstood you but a lot of us have helped people out for free or for a few bucks with enabling features. And look at it this way, maybe helping someone to see it's not that hard will get them to purchase it. I'm all for supporting this stuff, in fact i donated to this forum because it and the people on it have helped me out tremendously. And I couldn't have done any of what I have done without either. Even made a few friends from this place!

Good, it was never my intent. If it weren't for the fine help I've received here and elsewhere I would be no where near where I am now! Too long of a list to thank and yes, friends have definitely been gained. :)

Vshni

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did it work?
Could you „remove“ the air suspension now?
Sorry I could not sign in here for the life of me but yeah it did and also it looks like someone has answered for me already lol

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I was fairly convinced something changed with the software when I did not need to perform the RF hub replace/reset procedure after programming a fob. I have a feeling he added that "call" into the fob programming process. I personally prefer it NOT that way, since that no longer aligns with the service manual procedure (which says to program fob first then manually reset/replace RF hub)

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
His response so far to my little issue with one of my fobs. For whatever reason the record debug had gotten turned off so I sent him another and awaiting further response.

"The debug log with the data exchange is missing, the name of the file is AlfaOBD_Debug.bin. Please check if you have the “Debug data recording” setting on in the program settings.

It looks that the secret key is successfully transferred from the BCM to the new RFH at the second attempt.

Did you try to open the car with the second fob? FCA docs mention that sometimes the key is programmed even if the programming appears to fail.

As I understand RFH reset/replace has to be run after key programming to copy the VIN and configuration information from the BCM to the new RFH. It seems if the reset/replace is not run it should not be the cause for the failing key programming."

Responded to him I had tried the fob even though it shown unsuccessful and I even tried replacing the battery with known working from other fob.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally prefer it NOT that way, since that no longer aligns with the service manual procedure (which says to program fob first then manually reset/replace RF hub)
Not so sure he did after his last email back to me with the above.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not so sure he did after his last email back to me with the above.

Interesting.

Reading his reply to you reminded me that I took screenshots of my RF hub System Info once it was all running. The first screen full of data from that shows "VIN Successfully Programmed: Yes". (it also shows "PIN Successfully Programmed: No"...does that imply we could program the PIN somehow? Would be nice to make it the same as my original)

But everything works OK. This is why I was worried to do the rf hub reset/replace at this point, will it cause everything to STOP working? And if it does, can I recover without the need for another keyfob?

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not sure if it’s been asked before but will this work on a 19 classic?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if it’s been asked before but will this work on a 19 classic?
My friend just bought a 2019 Classic and we already took pictures to confirm that the bypass harness would be the same so that part should be OK. the only other thing we would have to worry about is whether or not the alpha tool will work with the 2019 but I am assuming it will since basically they are just re badged 2018 trucks. I ordered the bypass harness yesterday from M2mods so as soon as we get it in we will find out.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How long does it usually take to get your activation code?

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How long does it usually take to get your activation code?

He’s on the other side of the world, for those of us in the states. It took about 24hrs maybe a little less for me to get mine.

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He’s on the other side of the world, for those of us in the states. It took about 24hrs maybe a little less for me to get mine.

Thanks

phreak480

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
As far as the renting out of the Alfa tool, I agree that is kind of grimy as it is only an individual license for hobby use. This is in contrast to something like an Autel or Launch or SnaOn tool that is specifically sold to a customer who will then use it to work on hundreds or thousands of vehicles to make money.

Now if Alfa had a commercial use license option then purchasing that license would be for the intent on using it on hundreds or thousands of vehicles just like the full scan tool setups. Renting that out as a service really isn't much different than the customer coming to your garage and you doing it.

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just found a setting "CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM"
It was defaulted to NO, and I enabled it. It seems the transmission holds the gears and downshifts more readily, but I've only driven it 6-8 miles so it just might be my perception.

I have a 2015 Rebel. Do some Rams have a switch or menu setting for "performance shift"? That might explain this option.

So.
AlfaOBD -> Body Computer -> My2015 PowerNet -> Car configuaration change -> CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM -> Yes

Like I said, I only have a few miles on it, but it hasn't seemed to hurt anything. Any input?

B.