AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
CSM stands for Customer Settings Menu (AFAIK), I think that just enables the toggle on the head unit screens. I doubt it changed anything and the toggle might not even show up on the head unit if it was never meant for a RAM. I dont think any RAMs have a performance shift mode

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found a setting "CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM"
It was defaulted to NO, and I enabled it. It seems the transmission holds the gears and downshifts more readily, but I've only driven it 6-8 miles so it just might be my perception.

I have a 2015 Rebel. Do some Rams have a switch or menu setting for "performance shift"? That might explain this option.

So.
AlfaOBD -> Body Computer -> My2015 PowerNet -> Car configuaration change -> CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM -> Yes

Like I said, I only have a few miles on it, but it hasn't seemed to hurt anything. Any input?

B.
No Rams do not come from the factory with a performance shift option. Remember Chrysler uses the same BCM in several different vehicles so you will see several options that are not available in any Ram vehicle. That being said it doesn't mean it won't make a difference if you enable it just like we are able to activate the single zone ATC which was never an option in a Ram Pickup. It's just a matter of trial-and-error.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys. Glad it didn't "brick" my transmission. :)
Maybe I'll do a couple of comparison runs, before and after. Might be tough to get the throttle settings the same on each run though.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just found a setting "CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM"
It was defaulted to NO, and I enabled it. It seems the transmission holds the gears and downshifts more readily, but I've only driven it 6-8 miles so it just might be my perception.

I have a 2015 Rebel. Do some Rams have a switch or menu setting for "performance shift"? That might explain this option.

So.
AlfaOBD -> Body Computer -> My2015 PowerNet -> Car configuaration change -> CustSetMenu 1-Performance shift enable CSM -> Yes

Like I said, I only have a few miles on it, but it hasn't seemed to hurt anything. Any input?

B.
Do you still have a working tow haul and/or traction control? I played around with this and the other performance setting last year. While I did notice what seemed to be quicker downshifts and throttle response, I also noticed my tow haul and traction control were no longer there. Disabled them and they started working again.

Texas512

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So all you need is hid bulbs and a ballast to convert to hid lows? No mopar relay harness or resistors neccessary? I have a 2018.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stephane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, new on the forum. Alfaobd downloaded and waiting OBDLink MX. I have spent several our on alfaobd studying the menu and also on this forum. I need 2 modifications for my 2017 limited:
1. active DRL (I have found how to and the menu in the program)
2. delete the speed chime (beep) when I reach 120 km/h (75 mph). for this I am not sure what to do.
Any help will be appreciated.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2. delete the speed chime (beep) when I reach 120 km/h (75 mph). for this I am not sure what to do.
Any help will be appreciated.
Don't need Alfa for this one.

Try NAV / Settings / Speed Limit

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Don't need Alfa for this one.

Try NAV / Settings / Speed Limit

I was wondering if it was something in the NAV. Mine turns the current speed red if you're over the limit it thinks is in place for that stretch of road, the same as my standalone Garmin used to. But neither makes any sound.

-K

AndyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
CSM stands for Customer Settings Menu (AFAIK), I think that just enables the toggle on the head unit screens. I doubt it changed anything and the toggle might not even show up on the head unit if it was never meant for a RAM. I dont think any RAMs have a performance shift mode
I was playing with the shift settings on my ecodiesel and did some weird stuff one day.. caused my truck to hold shifts extremely long. Managed to get it reset back to stock.. may have been the sport shifting?

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you still have a working tow haul and/or traction control? I played around with this and the other performance setting last year. While I did notice what seemed to be quicker downshifts and throttle response, I also noticed my tow haul and traction control were no longer there. Disabled them and they started working again.

It seems tow haul and traction are working correctly. I get all the correct lights and tow mode affects the shifts. I didn't try burnouts yet though.

It does seem to be holding shifts longer like chrisbh17 mentioned.

I will probably switch it back, it's not like I need the extra power in this thing. It would be nice to have a button on the dash though, for mountain diving or whatever.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dang I cant' keep up with this thread hardly anymore :(.

We need a dedicated forum just for Alfa lol. Then maybe sub threads for each major topic - Headlights, Interior, Exterior, TPMS, Misc etc...

Prob not possible but way to many headlight posts for this old fuddy duddy to keep up with lol :emotions122:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if that performance setting actually enables tow/haul. Because tow/haul will hold gears longer....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

briansandiego

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wonder if that performance setting actually enables tow/haul. Because tow/haul will hold gears longer....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I wondered that too, but with the performance shift enabled, switching the tow mode still made a difference.

Going down hill, on the brakes, I could get it to shift by turning tow on/off.

Good idea though.

Stephane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was wondering if it was something in the NAV. Mine turns the current speed red if you're over the limit it thinks is in place for that stretch of road, the same as my standalone Garmin used to. But neither makes any sound.

-K
In the nav it’s a voice warning, mine is just a beep, may be I am set on UAE as country?

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the nav it’s a voice warning, mine is just a beep, may be I am set on UAE as country?
Could be one of the following...

Vehicle config 5 / Speed Limiter Present

Speed Warning CSM (this could be related to the above and if enabled might show on the 8.4 under settings and safety and driving assistance?)

Edit: Careful when changing some settings. Not sure I would mess with the country of origin? Take plenty of notes and upload a fresh copy of your BCM to Google Drive before making any changes.

da60b0ce8e3600d3031ddad21b4e62fe.jpg
54476b396976fc2893cadb20b8a2ca5d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Received word back from the developer on my OEM fob programming.

"The last attempts recorded: programming failed with
"waiting for key" status (I will add the status display in
the next update). It looks that the RFH just does not find
the key."

Stephane

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Speed Warning CSM (this could be related to the above and if enabled might show on the 8.4 under settings and safety and driving assistance?)

Edit: Careful when changing some settings. Not sure I would mess with the country of origin? Take plenty of notes and upload a fresh copy of your BCM to Google Drive before making any changes.

da60b0ce8e3600d3031ddad21b4e62fe.jpg
54476b396976fc2893cadb20b8a2ca5d.jpg
thanks, i know that i must be carful...
this is what i found in another forum. i also found another post on a french forum, saying that it need to change country code to UAE, delete this option and set again the country correctly.

In the alfaobd, do you see the actual (before change status) on screen or do i need to check in th blog before?

Capture d’écran 2019-02-20 à 22.27.27.png

mxrider309

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
working with a 2018 2500 and when get to bcm and select year the 18 model is not there, what year are you using? tried 17 models and never connected to it.
thanks for input
also using alfaobd software

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Hmm... Speed Limiter is set to "Not Present" on my '14 1500. And I don't appear to have a "Speed Warning CSM", at least not that's in the BCM log I have saved. Might be something they added in later years.

-K