AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tried doing a search through the post but couldnt find the specific information. I have a canadian 2018, but live in us. Long story, bought it imported undisclosed. I'm having issues with sirius in that the travel link constantly shows unsubscribed on the radio, but subscribed on my sirius account. Sirius is basically no help, all they do is send refreshes that do nothing. They think the issue may be my account with them is us based, but the radio esn comes up canadian. (UAQ obviously) I'm wondering if the problem is possibly that the travel link is not enabled in the bcm. I think I read that is a possibility. Does anyone have any advice for me? If I need to buy alfa so be it, but as I would also need a security harness and an obd mx, this is alot of money to just see if this is it. I'm hoping there may be an alternative. My local dealer is useless, they hate me because the truck is canadian.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The UAQ Nav radio will not show the Travel Link option unless it's enabled in the BCM. The Canadian trucks did not have the Travelink option so it is not enabled in your truck. You can enable it with the alfa tool as stated and then the icon should show up in your menu. Since your radio is a UAQ it will take a few key cycles before the code shows up after you enable the code. Hopefully the radio is capable of showing the Travelink option since it's a Canadian UAQ but I think there is a chance it will be. The dealer cannot enable the code because it's not in your available options list. The alfa tool will do MUCH more than just turn on your Travelink. It's a good investment. There are several people with the tool. You may be able to find someone near you that will turn it on for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
The UAQ Nav radio will not show the Travel Link option unless it's enabled in the BCM. The Canadian trucks did not have the Travelink option so it is not enabled in your truck. You can enable it with the alfa tool as stated and then the icon should show up in your menu. Since your radio is a UAQ it will take a few key cycles before the code shows up after you enable the code. Hopefully the radio is capable of showing the Travelink option since it's a Canadian UAQ but I think there is a chance it will be. The dealer cannot enable the code because it's not in your available options list. The alfa tool will do MUCH more than just turn on your Travelink. It's a good investment. There are several people with the tool. You may be able to find someone near you that will turn it on for you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I will need to look into the app a bit more to see what else I would use it for, but in addition to the 50 for the app, I would need to pay 50 for the bypass, and another 70 for an mx. If anyone is local to northeast Pennsylvania feel free to pm me lol.

What confuses me is I have the icons and settings for travel link, but they say "not subscribed" in the status menu. Based on prior posts they should be missing entirely without being added with alfa.

c56ee3eb45ee0e07a9a741806a4f2d0d.jpg802ba6acaed94c2040b7eef77e21d9f7.jpg

Last edited:

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it could have the correct pins for the BCM connection but there could be one pin out of place for the EVIC that’s cause it not to write to the evic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I got my mx+ today and it worked 1st time like a charm.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will need to look into the app a bit more to see what else I would use it for, but in addition to the 50 for the app, I would need to pay 50 for the bypass, and another 70 for an mx. If anyone is local to northeast Pennsylvania feel free to pm me lol.

What confuses me is I have the icons and settings for travel link, but they say "not subscribed" in the status menu. Based on prior posts they should be missing entirely without being added with alfa.

So both radio IDs match up and you do have the GPS antenna hooked up to the radio and the correct connector? Just making sure the simple stuff.

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
So both radio IDs match up and you do have the GPS antenna hooked up to the radio and the correct connector? Just making sure the simple stuff.

Correct, the truck is completely stock, radio works just fine, it's only traffic that's broke.

***correction*** I just got back to my truck, that picture is old from a thread I used trying to talk to sirius, after they worked on my account over the phone, travel link is subscribed, but traffic is not.

So I am just missing traffic. To answer other questions, yes nav itself works fine as does the sxm reception. I still think it's a canada/us thing. Just dont know what.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Correct, the truck is completely stock, radio works just fine, it's only traffic that's broke.

***correction*** I just got back to my truck, that picture is old from a thread I used trying to talk to sirius, after they worked on my account over the phone, travel link is subscribed, but traffic is not.

So I am just missing traffic. To answer other questions, yes nav itself works fine as does the sxm reception. I still think it's a canada/us thing. Just dont know what.

Traffic is a different subscription other than the regular Sirus.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
See my other screenshot, I have traffic on my account. It's an all access demo.

Is that transferred from a different radio? Is it is then demos don’t transfer no matter what Sirius says

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What year truck and cluster? Mine is a 2013 with a 2013 cluster. I'm using the MX not MX+.
14 with a 14. My cheap $20 Amazon adapter wouldn't work for the mileage.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Maybe I missed it somewhere else in the thread but your trial travel and traffic trials expired today. All Access does not give you travel and traffic.

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
Is that transferred from a different radio? Is it is then demos don’t transfer no matter what Sirius says

No sir, it was a 90 day trial that came with the truck off the lot. I've had it just under 3mo now. I am the 2nd owner.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No sir, it was a 90 day trial that came with the truck off the lot. I've had it just under 3mo now. I am the 2nd owner.

That’s interesting. Seems like to me that a Sirius problem as it’s not sending the correct signal or recognizing the radio

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it somewhere else in the thread but your trial travel and traffic trials expired today. All Access does not give you travel and traffic.

Double check my screenshots, today isnt October 14th, and yes you do get travel and traffic. See the screenshot of the account.

twizt3dkitty

Reaction score
That’s interesting. Seems like to me that a Sirius problem as it’s not sending the correct signal or recognizing the radio

I was afraid of that, they want to bill me in CAD vs USD too, totally different plans up north than what usa gets. I may just get the select package for 5/mo. I got an offer for that in my email. Just wanted to see travel/traffic working, they were supposed to work for 5yrs....

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still can't get my 13 to adjust hours. Mileage went first try.
I didn't even try mine. The cluster I got was actually really close on hours so I left it. I'm just bummed out I can't change the splash screen.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didn't even try mine. The cluster I got was actually really close on hours so I left it. I'm just bummed out I can't change the splash screen.

You should be able to. Using the special package options(there is 2). It’s in the list of known working codes.

Well I see yours is a 14. If you would have purchased a 15-18. It would have worked.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should be able to. Using the special package options(there is 2). It’s in the list of known working codes.

Well I see yours is a 14. If you would have purchased a 15-18. It would have worked.

I didn't even realize that when I bought it. I just saw a cluster for $250 and jumped on it