AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I installed Alpharex G2 Pro headlights and replace the halogen low beams with LEDs. They work ok. However, I also installed the DRL wiring from M2Mods to enable the dedicated DRL function, rather than using the supplied harness and tapping into the F66 fuse. I only want the DRLs to come on while in R/N/P.

FWIW, I did connect the supplied cable into F66 and they do work that way, but they come on whenever the engine is on, which is too often.

I programmed the following into AlphaOBD and I CAN see the DRL option in my UConnect screen now (in the lights section). However, the DRL 'high brow' LED lights aren't coming on.

CBC Features: DRL Configuration - Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Dedicated
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present - Yes
CBC Features: ECUConfig3: DRL Customer Settings Option Present - Yes
CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present - Yes
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present - Yes
What color is the lower brow when on in DRL?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I programmed the following into AlphaOBD and I CAN see the DRL option in my UConnect screen now (in the lights section). However, the DRL 'high brow' LED lights aren't coming on.

CBC Features: DRL Configuration - Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location - Dedicated
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present - Yes
CBC Features: ECUConfig3: DRL Customer Settings Option Present - Yes
CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present - Yes
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present - Yes
Check the basics do the brow lights turn on if you remote start?
Is the truck running, in gear and the parking brake NOT set?
Did you check the menu in the radio?
If I remember correctly there is also a voltage adjustment setting for the dedicated DRLs, I would think they would still light up.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Check the basics do the brow lights turn on if you remote start?
Is the truck running, in gear and the parking brake NOT set?
Did you check the menu in the radio?
If I remember correctly there is also a voltage adjustment setting for the dedicated DRLs, I would think they would still light up.
Yes, top brow and bottom LEDs light up with remote start
They also come on with headlights on (manually and Auto)
Truck is running, in gear and the parking brake NOT set
The menu appears in the UConnect/Radio screen and is enabled

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
<scratches head..hhmmm>
They also come on with headlights on (manually and Auto)
this seems odd, but the wiring back to the connector/BCM appears to be good.
Maybe look for and try changing the DRL voltage setting. Try changing the DRLs to the fogs see if they work correctly including the radio setting and then change the DRL setting back to Dedicated?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
<scratches head..hhmmm>

this seems odd, but the wiring back to the connector/BCM appears to be good.
Maybe look for and try changing the DRL voltage setting. Try changing the DRLs to the fogs see if they work correctly including the radio setting and then change the DRL setting back to Dedicated?

I'm having him verify that he has the wiring back to the bcm

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are you saying it's lit solid amber and the top is off?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
When the truck is running and not in gear, all lights are dim
When the truck is running and in gear, all lights are dim
When the lights are turned on manually, or with the Auto setting, the top brow and bottom one are white and the parking light is amber
When I use the turn signal, it works with the amber sequential light

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm having him verify that he has the wiring back to the bcm
That's something I mentioned to check before ordering the DRL wiring, at least if the plug under the fuse box was populated from the BCM. His truck is an Outdoorsman (SLT) so it should but you never know how it it was built.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
c1.jpg c4.jpg
I have C1 & C4 modules plugged into the BCM. Do I need to check if wires exist for C1/22 and C4/15?
Can I just unplug each C1 & C4 module and check for these wires?

But if the other end of these wires go to the connector under the fuse box, I already confirmed that I had wires for pins 8 & 23 before ordering the wires from M2Mods.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I just downloaded a log from the AlfaOBD app and see the following settings:

CBC Features: DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location: None
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present: No
ECUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: No
CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present: No
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present: No

I'm wondering if this is accurate and maybe/hopefully these settings just didn't 'take' when I set it yesterday? I'm going to try setting some of them again to see what happens.

Although I do see the DRL option in my UConnect screen now (it wasn't ever there before), so not sure if this log is accurate/up-to-date? I just downloaded it from the AlfaOBD app (but not connected to the OBDLink BT device).

ps- I noticed this setting- do I need to worry about changing it?

CBC Features: Quad Headlamps Enable: Yes

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I'm wondering if this is accurate and maybe/hopefully these settings just didn't 'take' when I set it yesterday? I'm going to try setting some of them again to see what happens.

Although I do see the DRL option in my UConnect screen now (it wasn't ever there before), so not sure if this log is accurate/up-to-date? I just downloaded it from the AlfaOBD app (but not connected to the OBDLink BT device).
Did you apply each change individually? or all of them at once?
Also did you look through the entire log file? I know AlfaOBD used to keep adding onto the log file, there is a way to clear the log and set it so it doesn't do this.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you apply each change individually? or all of them at once?
Also did you look through the entire log file? I know AlfaOBD used to keep adding onto the log file, there is a way to clear the log and set it so it doesn't do this.
As I suspected, this wasn't an update of the log file. I connected to the device and reuploaded the log file to my Google Drive. It looks like it appends activity to the end of that file. Here are the new additions to my log file:

Car configuration change: LED Dedicated DRL Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: LED Low Beam Lamps Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '
Car configuration change: Daytime running lights CSM Present: ' NO ' -> '1 '

Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location: ' DEDICATED ' -> '3 '
(it says '3' here b/c I changed it to something else to see if any effect)

...and yes, I made 1 change at a time, turned off the ignition, waited at least 5 min in between rubbed my belly and patted my head... :)

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
UPDATE: I changed the Car configuration change: DRL Lamp Location setting from DEDICATED to Turn Signal DRL. This works. When I put the truck in drive, the sequential turn signal starts blinking amber. So does this mean that the built-in DRL feature is working, just not on the top brow lights (yet)?

...and if so, is it getting the power through the DRL wires I just connected from the under-fuse connector to the red DRL wires on each headlight?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I thought it was rub the head and pat the belly???...lol
Have you tried turning it back to Dedicated?

Something popped into my head, look around to see if something is set for a country code of: Canada
someone on this forum had to make some other changes because of this

Acman2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you have a 13+19 classic they probably are thinking about a key code for lock smith's. Rf hub codes aren't revolving. I've heard that the 5th gens have a revolving rf hub code

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

I went in to the dealer to pick up my truck from service and showed them the page they should print. The guy swears that it is only a 12 hour code and that they need my truck to pull the code. On top of that they want $60 to give it to me. Sounds like I need to call another dealer?

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I thought it was rub the head and pat the belly???...lol
Have you tried turning it back to Dedicated?

Something popped into my head, look around to see if something is set for a country code of: Canada
someone on this forum had to make some other changes because of this
Not yet. I tried the SRT Light Bar DRL option, but nothing. I'm going to change it back to Dedicated, but before I do, I changed the CBC Features: Quad Headlamps Enable to No to see if anything happens. I had Quad headlights, but it's my understanding that the Alpharex G2's are more like projector-style?

we'll see in 5 min...

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I went in to the dealer to pick up my truck from service and showed them the page they should print. The guy swears that it is only a 12 hour code and that they need my truck to pull the code. On top of that they want $60 to give it to me. Sounds like I need to call another dealer?

Don't go to the service department they can't get it. You have to go to the parts department and I got mine three years ago when I bought my truck and it still works the same, never changed.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not yet. I tried the SRT Light Bar DRL option, but nothing. I'm going to change it back to Dedicated, but before I do, I changed the CBC Features: Quad Headlamps Enable to No to see if anything happens. I had Quad headlights, but it's my understanding that the Alpharex G2's are more like projector-style?

we'll see in 5 min...
Don’t disable the quad headlight setting. If you do, your low beam bulbs will shut off when you turn the high beams on.