AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brew99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I have been reading up on AlfaOBD and the OBDlink device. Will the OBDlink SX work if all I want to do is change the TPMS thresholds? The MX+ is about 2.5 times the cost of the SX, and I don't see me needing much more than just to do the TPMS. Also, I want to be able to use the laptop, since I don't have an android device

MartyZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 5.7l Hemi
@MartyZ There should also be a Tow Mirrors present setting so the directional movement changes when the mirrors are flipped up.

So after work yesterday i flipped my mirrors down and adjusted them with the door buttons, direction worked properly in tow mode and regular but i never enable Tow Mirrors yet.. How does it know?! lol :secret:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
So after work yesterday i flipped my mirrors down and adjusted them with the door buttons, direction worked properly in tow mode and regular but i never enable Tow Mirrors yet.. How does it know?! lol :secret:

I'm really not sure what enabling tow mirror's do. They have the same electronic function as regular mirror's do. Flipping them up or having them down doesn't affect how they are controlled, just how you need to adjust them. If everything functions properly then no programming is necessary. People tend to forget that just because it's listed, doesn't always mean it's a ram truck option, could be for the ram vans.

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

It had to be enabled for whatever reason. Not all are. Surprising that puddle light didn't work also since towbdid since all tow mirrors I have seen have them.

Enjoy them, they are a great add on.

Did you also get the backing plate for the extra strength?

2015 Ram 2500 Tradesman 4x4
Extang Full tilt tonneau
Nitro Ridge Grappler LT295/70R18 on Mayhem rims.
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS
MORIMOTO LED head and tail lites

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm really not sure what enabling tow mirror's do. They have the same electronic function as regular mirror's do. Flipping them up or having them down doesn't affect how they are controlled, just how you need to adjust them. If everything functions properly then no programming is necessary. People tend to forget that just because it's listed, doesn't always mean it's a ram truck option, could be for the ram vans.

By enabling tow mirrors, when rotated up, your buttons still work correctly, Rather than 90 degrees off when up.
Had it both ways before enabling mine, you'd be surprised how much you have to think about what is really up when in tow position.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
By enabling tow mirrors, when rotated up, your buttons still work correctly, Rather than 90 degrees off when up.
Had it both ways before enabling mine, you'd be surprised how much you have to think about what is really up when in tow position.

Extang Full tilt tonneau
Added aux switches
KC LED SPOTS and FLOODS

Didn't even think about that. I never use mine up

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have endabled drl in Alfa as well as turning the dropout to off. I have the location set to the turns yet they are not on. What else could I be missing?

lpennock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L & 6.7L Cummins
So I have endabled drl in Alfa as well as turning the dropout to off. I have the location set to the turns yet they are not on. What else could I be missing?
Where you in drive with parking brake off? Only work in gear

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
If I were to program remote start, push button start, and 2 new key fobs with alfaobd would I have to worry about the settings be reversed from a dealership flash?

Want to add the features but just want to know the extent of what would be reversed.

HTXRamExp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
unfortunately pin puller doesn't work on 2019+ tried it, won't read the bcm. If you read the app reviews there are a few others with issues using the app on 2019+

The Pin Puller app worked for my 2019 Classic, not sure if you're talking about the DT 2019 or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I were to program remote start, push button start, and 2 new key fobs with alfaobd would I have to worry about the settings be reversed from a dealership flash?

Want to add the features but just want to know the extent of what would be reversed.
Yes, anytime the dealer does an update (Flash) to the truck that involves the BCM it will automatically revert the truck back to the stock BCM configuration and any codes you enabled will need to be enabled again.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Screenshot_20210221-095738_Messenger.jpg Working on a 2014 for a buddy. It's a tradesman that he is upgrading. He did the premium cluster swap, but when he did the swap, it started chiming for all the bulb out errors (had leds in almost everything). Couldn't clear the parking light out error. He had aftermarket led housings in. So, I went and switched all exterior settings to led, low and high beam, fogs, front turns, front parking light, rear turns, rear parking light, rear taillights, chmsl, license plate light, etc. Let the bcm rest for a while and everything seems to have taken, but we are still getting a parking light out error for both rear parking lights. He went and bought a set of stock housings and put new sylvania zevo leds in, still getting the error. Let it sit overnight, still getting light out indication. Here are the faults showing up on alfaobd. Is it possible he has bad sockets causing an issue?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
View attachment 238522 Working on a 2014 for a buddy. It's a tradesman that he is upgrading. He did the premium cluster swap, but when he did the swap, it started chiming for all the bulb out errors (had leds in almost everything). Couldn't clear the parking light out error. He had aftermarket led housings in. So, I went and switched all exterior settings to led, low and high beam, fogs, front turns, front parking light, rear turns, rear parking light, rear taillights, chmsl, license plate light, etc. Let the bcm rest for a while and everything seems to have taken, but we are still getting a parking light out error for both rear parking lights. He went and bought a set of stock housings and put new sylvania zevo leds in, still getting the error. Let it sit overnight, still getting light out indication. Here are the faults showing up on alfaobd. Is it possible he has bad sockets causing an issue?

The premium cluster is more "sensitive" to lighting errors. I forget why.

Although alfaobd can change stuff to led's they still have to be canbus compatible atleast for the park/turn lights. If they are, try using each side for 15-20 seconds then the 4 ways for the same amount. Sometimes this helps "learn" the led's.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After messing around with the settings and trying different bulbs, would still throw the codes when ever the lights were on and the brakes applied or turn signals used. Even tried my known working bulbs with no luck. Finally, decided to try the sockets from my housing and it appears his sockets are not oem. Plugged mine in and the codes went away. So, he's going to order a new set of sockets from the dealer.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The Pin Puller app worked for my 2019 Classic, not sure if you're talking about the DT 2019 or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well dang, it didn't work on my buddies 2019 classic warlock

boochacas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Awesome, thank you. I am looking to install fog lights and want to use the OEM headlight switch with the push-button on. This was not coded into Tradesman level I guess, so not just plug and play. That and maybe a UAS radio upgrade are my next to modifications.

boochacas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I added factory fogs to mine. Get ahold of @M2Mods he makes the section of the fog light wiring that can't be bought through Mopar. Then you'll need the fog light jumper harness for +13. Same piece fo1500/2500/3500. You'll need the headlight switch. Programming fogs with alfaobd is easy.

Awesome, thank you. I am looking to install fog lights and want to use the OEM headlight switch with the push-button on. This was not coded into Tradesman level I guess, so not just plug and play. That and maybe a UAS radio upgrade are my next to modifications.

Hey bud did you ever get fog light switch done? Looking at doing the same thing.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey bud did you ever get fog light switch done? Looking at doing the same thing.
Yes, I bought the switch and factory light harness through Benny at allmoparparts, and a harness to connect into the fuse box from M2Mods. Then AlphaOBD to allow the switch to turn fog lights in and off with switch. Hardest part was getting actual lights positioned with brackets, but not bad.

Stelios

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yes, anytime the dealer does an update (Flash) to the truck that involves the BCM it will automatically revert the truck back to the stock BCM configuration and any codes you enabled will need to be enabled again.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Dang, even with programming keys/push button start? I've done a good amount of alfa work to my truck that I'm not worried about, just curious if I'd be able to start it to drive off afterwards with these haha

Nkiwan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey! been reading and searching through this thread for some time now, can't find an answer I'm looking for.

I have the 2019 ram 1500 classic, warlock (i assume the DT?). In the AlfaOBD app, under "Body Computer" there is a few options I see that could work for me:

MY2019 PowerNet
DT MY2019 PowerNet Var.1
DT MY2019 PowerNet Var.2
DT MY2019 PowerNet Var.3
DT MY2019 PowerNet Var.4

Which one am I supposed to use?