AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oknavytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok I did a major no no according to this thread. I went into AlphaOBD and I did not make backups. This weekend I changed out mirrors from stock to tow mirrors. I activated the turn signals which worked great but prior to this weekend I changed out my stock halogen headlights to a projection type with leds as well. The low beams work as advertised with the change out of the leds. The high beams did not work at all. I went into the program and changed that leds were installed but they did not work and now my running lights indicator comes on for a few minutes then shuts off I had also jacked with the DRL as well I thought I had things put back to what they were. but it is not working correctly. any help would be appreciated.

rixter99

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 SRW
Engine
Cummins i6.7
Ok I did a major no no according to this thread. I went into AlphaOBD and I did not make backups. This weekend I changed out mirrors from stock to tow mirrors. I activated the turn signals which worked great but prior to this weekend I changed out my stock halogen headlights to a projection type with leds as well. The low beams work as advertised with the change out of the leds. The high beams did not work at all. I went into the program and changed that leds were installed but they did not work and now my running lights indicator comes on for a few minutes then shuts off I had also jacked with the DRL as well I thought I had things put back to what they were. but it is not working correctly. any help would be appreciated.
If you used the Windows version of AlfaOBD, there is a log file created/stored in your alfaobd\log folder...

Oknavytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
update to the running lights. They are running but they are amber not white

lfdfireman83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I was messing around with the settings and changed the Splash Screen to "lancia". It is now stuck. Won't change back. If I go in and set it to anything else, it either stays Lancia, regardless of most I pick", or will change to "Jeep" or "Automatic" but nothing changes and it goes back to Lancia after a power cycle. Truck config hasn't changed, still set to ram 2500. Thoughts on how I can force this to change? Roll back my changes?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, I was messing around with the settings and changed the Splash Screen to "lancia". It is now stuck. Won't change back. If I go in and set it to anything else, it either stays Lancia, regardless of most I pick", or will change to "Jeep" or "Automatic" but nothing changes and it goes back to Lancia after a power cycle. Truck config hasn't changed, still set to ram 2500. Thoughts on how I can force this to change? Roll back my changes?

Did you create a log before you started so you could do a compare to see what changed? Unfortunately they is no way to "roll back" the changes, the only way is to do it manually by comparing to the original log or go to the dealer and have them flash the system back to stock.

lfdfireman83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you create a log before you started so you could do a compare to see what changed? Unfortunately they is no way to "roll back" the changes, the only way is to do it manually by comparing to the original log or go to the dealer and have them flash the system back to stock.

I did actually. I can see where I changed the splash screen...but nothing else appears to have changed. I got it to accept "dodge" and retain that, just not "Ram"

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I hooked up the phone to the computer and used file options to show hidden files

Before it was "Android\data\com.android.AlfaOBD\files\logs\BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log"

For some reason when I did an update, it put the .log file in a multitude of folders.
Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G-D\Phone\Android\data\com.AlfaOBD.AlfaOBD\files\Android\data\com.android.AlfaOBD\files\logs\BODY_CHRYSLER_Info.log

The log is amended (added to the last entry) after each read. If you sit there and do the IIRC "read system status" thing over and over you will have one long assed file, ask me how I know haha

The beginning of each read there is
"Tested device: Body Control Module MY XXXX
2021/01/30 21:46:53.367
VIN - Current: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
VIN - Original: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
ECU serial number:
ECU Part Number: 68357472AD

Hardware number: 68357472AD
Hardware Supplier Identification: Continental
Software Logical Block Supplier Identification: Continental
Active Diagnostic Status Of ECU: Running in Application mode
Gateway: Yes

Vehicle Configuration Programmed Status: Yes
Last Programmed Status: Manufacturing
"

I copied the file to a hard drive and highlighted the changes.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I noticed that the latest version of the app has added some more options in the radio for me.

The things I noticed are Market Selection, Radio Country Code, and Camera Brightness level. It also appeared that the front seat video option sticks although I'm not sure it works...a83f66cad1fef8a40de1fa028c03e47b.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just curious, what is Market selection and also what is the splash screen option for?

NicksGarage

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I had the dash out of my 2009 to replace the evaporator and heater core so the battery was disconnected for almost two days. When I was at my friend's shop to recharge the A/C earlier today he asked about my headlights and I told him about having to change from duals to quads to make them work properly. But when I hit the high beams, the low beams went out like it did before changing to quads with AlfaOBD. Do the changes I make go away when the battery is disconnected? I'll check later today to see if it's back to duals in the settings.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Just curious, what is Market selection and also what is the splash screen option for?
The splash screen setting is for the 7" full color EVIC, the market selection if I'm not mistaken is changes for different countries.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The splash screen setting is for the 7" full color EVIC, the market selection if I'm not mistaken is changes for different countries.
Normally yes but this is an option for the radio module.
Oh, ok, I have the full 7 inch premium evic.
My post is referring to radio only.

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, what does the splash screen option in the radio actually do,? As far as splash display?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oops my bad, I didn't notice you were looking at the radio configuration menu.
No worries, I think that one might be new too?
So, what does the splash screen option in the radio actually do,? As far as splash display?
Unsure, just came across it fiddling with other stuff. If I decide to play with it I'll post my findings.

Shugarrckbx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No worries, I think that one might be new too?Unsure, just came across it fiddling with other stuff. If I decide to play with it I'll post my findings.

Ok, great! Thank you, was not aware if possibly changing the radio splash screen, could be. I'm a bit nervous of making any changes that are not confirmed by members, with my luck, something not good would happen, then me not having wheels to get to work would be not good as well, lol, just my luck. But I look forward to somebody with more guts than me trying the splash screen option for the radio and posting results..

likes2build

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Express RCSB
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
No worries, I think that one might be new too?Unsure, just came across it fiddling with other stuff. If I decide to play with it I'll post my findings.

@SitKneelBend I've been meaning to message you a great big thank you for the loudness setting in the UAQ radio module. I smile every time I turn the volume up and the bass thumps. Better than having a sub in an RCSB.