AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses guys. I think the issue I had was that I turned on the cargo cam as well. Once that went off my rear cam came right on in reverse.
Do you have an 8.4" screen or the 5"?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the responses guys. I think the issue I had was that I turned on the cargo cam as well. Once that went off my rear cam came right on in reverse.
It's a good idea when doing any of this to take plenty of notes and only enable one feature at a time. This way it is easier to track down potential problems as you go.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 8.4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the future if you ever decide you want to run the cargo cam option and you have the RA4 Nav radio you can install the 17.11.07 firmware in your radio you will have the option to have either the backup camera and the cargo cam come up on the radio screen with a soft key like the 16 and 17 trucks. It automatically defaults to the backup camera if you dont make a selection. You can do the same with the RA3 non Nav unit but I dont know the correct firmware for that radio. It was kind of a glitch that Chrysler made when they updated their firmware to that version for the 13,14,15 trucks. They corrected it in the 17.43.3 firmware version to go back to the rear view mirror if you had the cargo cam so you don't want to go past 17.11.07 if you ever plan on installing the cargo cam. 20180917_164323.jpeg

Rez103

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the future if you ever decide you want to run the cargo cam option and you have the RA4 Nav radio you can install the 17.11.07 firmware in your radio you will have the option to have either the backup camera and the cargo cam come up on the radio screen with a soft key like the 16 and 17 trucks. It automatically defaults to the backup camera if you dont make a selection. You can do the same with the RA3 non Nav unit but I dont know the correct firmware for that radio. It was kind of a glitch that Chrysler made when they updated their firmware to that version for the 13,14,15 trucks. They corrected it in the 17.43.3 firmware version to go back to the rear view mirror if you had the cargo cam so you don't want to go past 17.11.07 if you ever plan on installing the cargo cam. View attachment 142874

Awesome, thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hello all, has anyone had issues with uploading to google drive?
I select to do it, and it just goes back to select or create screen.
Thank you all for this, awesome thread, been using autel and AE, now this.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have the same issue and can’t get past it. I emailed the developer and he said he couldn’t duplicate the issue. I’m glad I’m not the only one!

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I tried to change my tire settings today to the toyo 35" tires and the setting does not take. It says procedure complete but when I go back in and check it has not been changed. I emailed the developer to hopefully get some insight on what's going on. I know a couple of guys have said their were able to get it to work and I have the latest software version that he has available so I'm hoping to hear back from him.

Yeah it doesn't work in the current play store version. Dev has a updated version but it takes a while to get through google play approval, etc - I think he said 2-3 weeks. But he'll send you a link to the updated apk you can install manually.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
If your truck does not even have power windows then you have an extremely non option truck. I would be very intrested to see if the full harnesses is in your truck as well. Every regular cab truck I have seen has the full harness so hopefully yours will too.

Dosent look good. There are a couple other plugs under there not sure what they are.

IMG_20181007_085152.jpg

IMG_20181007_085202.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah it doesn't work in the current play store version. Dev has a updated version but it takes a while to get through google play approval, etc - I think he said 2-3 weeks. But he'll send you a link to the updated apk you can install manually.
Developer emailed me first thing this morning with the patch. As 78Staff stated he said the new version will be out in the near future. Just like Ghost_ Ram said I can't get over how helpful this guy is. I already installed the patch gonna go out in a little while and see if I can adjust my tire size now.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dosent look good. There are a couple other plugs under there not sure what they are.

View attachment 142921

View attachment 142922
Yes unfortunately if that is the plug for your drivers seat you do not have the correct wiring. Yours is the first regular cab I have seen that didn't have it. The only difference was the other regular cabs we checked had power windows and locks. I am assuming that must be the difference. Remember you can still install heted/vented seats and just install your own harness.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
Yes unfortunately if that is the plug for your drivers seat you do not have the correct wiring. Yours is the first regular cab I have seen that didn't have it. The only difference was the other regular cabs we checked had power windows and locks. I am assuming that must be the difference. Remember you can still install heted/vented seats and just install your own harness.

Ya I think that is the difference. Mine is just too base. I'll have to get the M2 mods harness when I get around to do it.

dav8388

Reaction score
Ram Year
In limbo between trucks
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I know this is probably not he place to ask, but does anybody know if there is an app like this for GM cars. A friend bought a 2018 Malibu it has the start/stop, and she hates it. I was thinking if I could find an app like this one maybe I could turn it off.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know this is probably not he place to ask, but does anybody know if there is an app like this for GM cars. A friend bought a 2018 Malibu it has the start/stop, and she hates it. I was thinking if I could find an app like this one maybe I could turn it off.
I have looked and haven't seen one. I think luckily for us this app basically came from people in the Alpha Romeo community needing to access there BCM and it's a Chrysler product so we kinda became a secondary market.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have looked and haven't seen one. I think luckily for us this app basically came from people in the Alpha Romeo community needing to access there BCM and it's a Chrysler product so we kinda became a secondary market.

I believe this ↑↑↑ is exactly why, and we are indeed lucky. Especially at the price for all that you can accomplish.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
I believe this ↑↑↑ is exactly why, and we are indeed lucky. Especially at the price for all that you can accomplish.

Yep. Haven't even scratched the surface with this thing but I am tickled that I was able to activate my DRL. My father just bought a 2017 Limited and is interested in having his turned on too so I'll be doing that when I see them next.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins

Dav....while not a complete solution, there is a way to deactivate the stop/start in a 2018 Malibu. It requires you to do this every time you start the car. Tell her to shift into L instead of D and press the + button on the shifter 8 or more times to place the range of the transmission to be from gear 1 to gear 9 (if she has the lower level Malibu with the six speed then L6). In the Driver Information Center, on the dashboard, the transmission gear indicator will show "L9" (or L6 if the 6 speed). Your range of gears will be the full range available in D, and the transmission will shift in L9 (L6) mode in the same way as it does in D mode, but the auto stop/start will be disabled. On the highway, the engine rpm and overall behavior is the same in both modes.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the patch installed for the alpha OBD tool and was able to change my tire size without as any issues. I have 35x12.5x20 Toyo Open Country Extreme tires. The closest setting I could find was 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country AT tires. My truck came with the Wrangler 275x20 tires. My speedo used to read 3 MPH slow. Now it's extremely close. If anything it may read 1/3 to 1/2 mile per hour slow.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357