AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok, the plugs is what I really hoping for. I found micro stak-ons for speakers and used those to tap into switch and motor.

Maybe I'll get lucky one day and find a harness in a salvage yard.

Thanks for the info, and all your assistance to everyone on the upgrades you've done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was this what you were looking for

d7e5632e2b359b7e341f2298498815ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's exactly what I wanted, that and window plug, but that says unavailable, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
That's exactly what I wanted, that and window plug, but that says unavailable, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Any info is greatly appreciated, thank you all.

I'll do a little more digging and see what I can find

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was this what you were looking for

d7e5632e2b359b7e341f2298498815ce.jpg

This is the correct connector. We were able to find the part# but we were unable to find any that were available when we did ours a few years ago. We just tried to find the actual window switch with the pigtail still attached. You never know the connector may be available now but it definitely wasn't then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
This is the correct connector. We were able to find the part# but we were unable to find any that were available when we did ours a few years ago. We just tried to find the actual window switch with the pigtail still attached. You never know the connector may be available now but it definitely wasn't then.

It’s still coming up empty. All of google doesn’t even recognize that part number, or that number by itself.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s still coming up empty. All of google doesn’t even recognize that part number, or that number by itself.
I was able to source the actual window motor repair kit so I had the correct connector for it but I was never able to find the actual connector for the rear window switch itself. I ended up getting one off of a wrecked truck off of eBay and built my harness from there.

WVRam68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone, that's the direction I'll end up going, as soon as I find a donor.

Enjoy your evenings

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Yes the premium clusters are more apt to display a light out message then the basic cluster. When I installed switchbacks I only changed turn signal to led's and was fine with the basic cluster. When I installed the premium cluster only when the lights were on I would get a light out message for the parking light. Switched that to led and have been fine since.

2015 model year is horrible for led's. Some companies will list their product as not compatible with 2015. Even changing the settings in alphaobd might not be enough for 2015.

What does it do when you set “x” bulb to led?

Does it look for a signal on another wire? Or is the wiring all the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phylodog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2018
Engine
5.7 Hemi & 6.7L CTD
Are there any other options than DeerGuy's bypass module for my 2018 2500? My tabet and OBDlink will be here this evening or tomorrow and I'd like to use them ASAP. I haven't heard back from DeerGuy, sounds like he's pretty busy.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
What does it do when you set “x” bulb to led?

Does it look for a signal on another wire? Or is the wiring all the same

If you set say reverse light to led it turns off the pwm feature which I believe is called pulse wave modulation. So if you have ever seen a video of anyone running led's and you see it flickering or kinda like a wave motion, it cancels that. So I believe by doing that it's sending a more constant signal to the light and back to the truck which is possibly the reason why it won't send an error message to the cluster saying that a light is out

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
If you set say reverse light to led it turns off the pwm feature which I believe is called pulse wave modulation. So if you have ever seen a video of anyone running led's and you see it flickering or kinda like a wave motion, it cancels that. So I believe by doing that it's sending a more constant signal to the light and back to the truck which is possibly the reason why it won't send an error message to the cluster saying that a light is out

Yeah, thanks. Ok cool. I need to set them with Alfa tomorrow then.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone run led turn signals with alpha in the tail lights? Do I still need resistors or no? I haven’t swapped my turn/brake to led yet since I’m not wanting to install resistors

Mrmagoolin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
PWM is pulse width modulation. Basically what it does is takes a 12 volt signal and turn it off and on. And the width is the time it is on or off. I made a pwm circuit to run the grip heaters on my motorcycle. By adjusting the time or width its on makes the heater feel warmer or cooler so you can adjust it to the perfect temperature.

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
has there been any ecodiesel development or only cummins on the app still?

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just want to thank everyone for their help. I can now run my fog lights with my headlights on bright. Also, I set my fogs as my DRLs. So far I am loving alfaOBD.

I would like to find a way to turn off what ever control it is that stops wheel spin when you are trying to correct your direction from left to right while laying a long strip of rubber. And I'm not talking about just pushing the Traction Control button.

Thanks
Hookie

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Just an observation report since the enabling of rear facing LEDs has come to light and is one of the more popular features to enable. Back in January of 2017, I bought these LEDs for reverse- https://www.amazon.com/921-912-T10-...000K&qid=1553001729&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

And these LEDs for license plate- https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Extr...ight&qid=1553001856&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

From the get go, they work perfect with no flickering and no bulb out messages on the premium cluster. Fast forward 24 months when the LED settings for these positions come to light, I figured, why not, I’ll set the reverse and plates to LED. Bulbs were checked, and all was good. One month later (mid February) the license plate bulbs give up- both...at the same time. I figured no biggie, they’re 25 months old and cheap, so it must be their time to give up. Pulled the reverse LEDs and noticed some random chips are burned out, so I replace all the LEDs with the spares from my order. Now, this morning, (one month later), license plate bulbs are both out again, and a few chips are burned out on the reverse bulbs again. This is now starting to be too much of a coincidence, and I believe that shutting down the PWM on these bulbs (and others that are sold as “error free”) is causing them to be overdriven.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Curious if anyone running non canbus compatible bulbs are experiencing the same?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Curious if anyone running non canbus compatible bulbs are experiencing the same?

I'm running these and have the settings also set to led's. Haven't had an issue yet. (Only been maybe 2 months since I changed the settings in alphaobd). May change them back. Only issue I've run into with these led's is in my cargo lamp. They were good for almost 6 months then it seems like every couple of months one starts to loose some led chips then flickers for a couple of days then dies