AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lawsuit11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 68s that you bought you have to wire in the separate switch for power fold. You need the 43s for factory power fold.

I thought those might have been the wrong model. Are those the ones that are wired differently then stock config for power fold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MX+ you can use on iPhone. Android and windows

MX android and windows only.

So if you have an iPhone you can use the standard ScanTool app on your iPhone for your truck but you can only use Alfa on android and windows. So it’s your choice.

I personally have the MX+ cause my cell is an iPhone but funny thing is I’ve never even downloaded the app for the iPhone cause I think it’s useless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, I have an iPhone too, looks like it’s MX + for me with android tablet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My LED headlights I installed awhile back w/ no resistors and they work great. I have enabled LED high and low beams but when my DRL are on I notice they flicker. If I enable dedicated LED DRL will that fix the flicker? I have the factory quad headlights

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My LED headlights I installed awhile back w/ no resistors and they work great. I have enabled LED high and low beams but when my DRL are on I notice they flicker. If I enable dedicated LED DRL will that fix the flicker? I have the factory quad headlights

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches
Dedicated drl means something different. That’s for another circuit. You just need antiflicker modules or your led may not be rated for the lower voltage of the drl

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Dedicated drl means something different. That’s for another circuit. You just need antiflicker modules or your led may not be rated for the lower voltage of the drl
I will either disable them then if turn up the voltage until it goes away

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know if there's a way to "unlock" a 2015+ PCM using Alfaobd?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If I enable dedicated LED DRL will that fix the flicker? I have the factory quad headlights
These brow lights are set up on the dedicated LED DRL circuits(independent left and right). They illuminate when the truck is in gear, remote started or headlights are on. I have them set to drop out when the turn signal is on. I can also enable/disable them through the radio.
Originally I had the quad headlights but I haven't gone LEDs in everything yet.

IMG_20190713_153703618-01.jpg

Ramcummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there any way to allow charging with no key in ignition? Is this one of the auxillary options maybe?
Thanks!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Is there any way to allow charging with no key in ignition? Is this one of the auxillary options maybe?
Thanks!

Yes you can If you have the 5 aux buttons you can change them through the evic I believe under commercial settings. It can also be done through alphaobd

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Has anyone been able to calibrate the 31 gallon gas tank? To where the light doesn’t come on at 24 gallons?

2018 2500 6.4 4x4 4.10 Amsoil SS 0w-40, Softopper
Black Rhino Armory 18x9 +12mm
Cooper St MAXX LT295/70R18

2016 Durango 5.7 AWD 3.07 Redline 5W-30 RP 10-48
1996 Nissan Altima 2.4 Amsoil SS 5W-30

Ramcummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes you can If you have the 5 aux buttons you can change them through the evic I believe under commercial settings. It can also be done through alphaobd

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Ok, i have a tradesman so no buttons, the auxillary stuff i saw was probably if you had the buttons. Any way to make the usb or others work with no key? I have done the windows down and installed oem bed lights with help from this software. Would like to leave phone in truck to charge sometimes like i used to with my other trucks.
Thanks

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok, i have a tradesman so no buttons, the auxillary stuff i saw was probably if you had the buttons. Any way to make the usb or others work with no key? I have done the windows down and installed oem bed lights with help from this software. Would like to leave phone in truck to charge sometimes like i used to with my other trucks.
Thanks
On your tradesman, the power port on the passenger side of the center stack is constant power. If you have one in the rear on the back of the jump seat, it is selectable by moving a fuse in the fuse box over a half of a position.

Ramcummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman
On your tradesman, the power port on the passenger side of the center stack is constant power. If you have one in the rear on the back of the jump seat, it is selectable by moving a fuse in the fuse box over a half of a position.
Well damn, it works! That is good for me, thanks!

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can tell from the covers too. If they have a battery logo they are on all the time. If they have a key logo they are only on with the key.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Puddle lights vs Approach lights... What are they?

I just added chrome cap "limited" mirrors with power fold, heated, dimming, led turn signals, memory/tilt in reverse. Do I have puddle lights? Do I have approach lights?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You are going to want to enable the approach lights and the blinker lights.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

tzr916

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 QC SLT 6'4"
Engine
5.7L 8spd 2WD
Thanks Rick, turn signals are enabled and working. What are approach lights? What does enabling them do?

Jethro1985

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys. New to the forum and new to alfaobd. My buddy has a 2013 ram with tow mirrors. We changed all the settings but his approach lights still won't work. Checked to see if voltage is coming from the module and it isn't. Any help would be appreciated.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Rick, turn signals are enabled and working. What are approach lights? What does enabling them do?
It should enable them to turn on when you hit the unlock on the remote. All the (known working codes) are listed in the first page of this thread. Ghost Ram does a great job keeping it all up to date. It's good to check there for reference and to see what codes have been figured out since this thread has gotten so huge it's almost impossible to find information on certain things that have already been done. P.S if you have your dash lights turned completely off it will turn off the approach lights as well.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk