AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ArcticRat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone figure out how to get rid of the stupid 'Key fob has left the vehicle' chime? My wife says that next time she has to listen to that chime while I 'quickly' run into the store, she is going to drive the truck off a cliff... We don't have life insurance, so that would be no bueno.

My wife also threatened me about the chime, I just played dumb and said what chime? But I have been thinking of going line by line through Alfa to see if its there.. ill let you know if I find it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you guys add the day time running lights option to your 8.4 radio settings to turn them on/off? I’ve seen a few pics of trucks with the option on the radio screen. My Canadian truck has them enabled from the factory, confirmed the setting is set to “yes” via alpha odb, but would be nice to have the option in the radio settings menu to turn them off conveniently since the truck is in the US now, without having to go back into alpha.

Do you have "CustMenu 1-Daytime running lights - CSM" under Car Configuration Change in the BCM settings of AlfaOBD?

If so, set it to Yes.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My wife also threatened me about the chime, I just played dumb and said what chime? But I have been thinking of going line by line through Alfa to see if its there.. ill let you know if I find it..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm mine doesn't do that... lol of course it probably does, but I never hear it since I'm out of the vehicle :).

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anybody know if 2013 8.4 Uconnect supposed to have backup camera Dynamic lines? Because I don't see the options in safety and assistance and alpha says it's incompatible to set for some reason... the only setting which came automatically without me setting it up was delay off

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anybody know if 2013 8.4 Uconnect supposed to have backup camera Dynamic lines? Because I don't see the options in safety and assistance and alpha says it's incompatible to set for some reason... the only setting which came automatically without me setting it up was delay off

are you sure it is a factory back up camera??? i have an aftermarket and it looks just like the factory unit .. it came with the option of parking lines or no parking lines simply by cutting a wire

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are you sure it is a factory back up camera??? i have an aftermarket and it looks just like the factory unit .. it came with the option of parking lines or no parking lines simply by cutting a wire

I do not have it connected yet, I just see I cannot turn the options on and another person with 2015 can only enable static lines not the dynamic ones... so I was just curious if anybody has it working on 2013 model with 8.4

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will any aftermarket backup / reverse camera work with the unconnect?
Of course I'm being cameras meant for the Dodge Ram. I have searched I'm unable to find what guys are using.
Will this work??

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fit-for-Dodge-Ram-1500-2500-3500-Series-Tailgate-Handle-Backup-Rear-View-Camera/123883080350?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123883080350&rvr_id=0&rvr_ts=b0a13d2016d0aa4157729fe9fffe7fc9&ul_noapp=true&pageci=251b5675-4aa5-437d-be3a-d26b9180d3b2

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

The one on Amazon for 350 works with uconnect, JUST READ REVIEWS, BECAUSE THERE IS MISTAKE IN DIRECTIONS WHICH CAN DESTROY UCONNECT, I only seen videos which connected $100 aftermarket camera to aftermarket 12 inch display... since I want all features working on uconnect I'm not chancing to buy cam for 100 bucks

Ramsportrocks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The one on Amazon for 350 works with uconnect, JUST READ REVIEWS, BECAUSE THERE IS MISTAKE IN DIRECTIONS WHICH CAN DESTROY UCONNECT, I only seen videos which connected $100 aftermarket camera to aftermarket 12 inch display... since I want all features working on uconnect I'm not chancing to buy cam for 100 bucks

this is the unit i bought and installed last winter https://www.cruxinterfacing.com/listings/rvcch-75d/ picked it up off of ebay for $231.99 shipped at the time

you can get it from this guy for around $230 shipped including tax https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crux-Inter...410618&hash=item364711804f:g:VagAAOSw-0xYiWGb

another option is the factory kit which can be enabled with Alfaobd

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I do not have it connected yet, I just see I cannot turn the options on and another person with 2015 can only enable static lines not the dynamic ones... so I was just curious if anybody has it working on 2013 model with 8.4

and the follow up is...i installed it today and it works with dynamic lines, it just don't let me have options to choose from in uconnect, which is fine, the only option i could get with alfaobd is delay

thanks for response

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will any aftermarket backup / reverse camera work with the unconnect?
Of course I'm being cameras meant for the Dodge Ram. I have searched I'm unable to find what guys are using.
Will this work??

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fit-for-Dodge-Ram-1500-2500-3500-Series-Tailgate-Handle-Backup-Rear-View-Camera/123883080350?_mwBanner=1&ul_ref=https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.ca%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F123883080350&rvr_id=0&rvr_ts=b0a13d2016d0aa4157729fe9fffe7fc9&ul_noapp=true&pageci=251b5675-4aa5-437d-be3a-d26b9180d3b2

To correct my 1st reply... the directions were actually not wrong, but it's better to clarify it with pictures from "this forum" to see the wires plugged in from back. It's confusing where inner row is marked 30, but it's plugged in outer row which is marked 40, because the numbers mean on which number it ENDS. So the outer row starts with 31 from side and ends at 40 as the number states

aimvee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To correct my 1st reply... the directions were actually not wrong, but it's better to clarify it with pictures from "this forum" to see the wires plugged in from back. It's confusing where inner row is marked 30, but it's plugged in outer row which is marked 40, because the numbers mean on which number it ENDS. So the outer row starts with 31 from side and ends at 40 as the number states
Thanks.. we appreciate your input

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have "CustMenu 1-Daytime running lights - CSM" under Car Configuration Change in the BCM settings of AlfaOBD?

If so, set it to Yes.

confirmed I have everything set to this below. DRLs are now turned off but no option in menu? Should be under safety and driving in settings right?

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
confirmed I have everything set to this below. DRLs are now turned off but no option in menu? Should be under safety and driving in settings right?
Pretty sure it's in the lights settings

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
DRLs are now turned off but no option in menu? Should be under safety and driving in settings right?
The menu option on the 8.4 for the DRL is: Lights.
It should look something like this:
IMG_20191011_180525065.jpg

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
One thing to note is the Trailer hitch camera option which allows to to select your backup camera while driving is only available on the 16 and up Ram. The Static Gridlines are available on the 15 or newer. You will not have those settings in the BCM on your 13 so don't be alarmed when you don't see them.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

The only thing working as manual backup cam on my 2013 was setting cargo cam on, it actually don't make blue screen, because of missing hardware, it turns on tailgate cam, but backup cam shifter function gets disabled with that, delay setting in menu gets also removed...it can be turned on manually while backing up though

I tried in hopeless last effort to switch off backup camera setting and back to on in alfaobd while cargo cam was still on, but it didn't do no diff. I turned of cargo cam, backup function restored and weirdly cargo cam button was still there, but not functional. It will probably remove it self later

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

I get all working pretty much instantly...Also my learning process from YT videos include turn on ignition in first position...however today i made settings not using ignition at all, then when done i turn off app in phone, unplug, open close door, start vehicle changes show and working

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
How do you guys add the day time running lights option to your 8.4 radio settings to turn them on/off? I’ve seen a few pics of trucks with the option on the radio screen. My Canadian truck has them enabled from the factory, confirmed the setting is set to “yes” via alpha odb, but would be nice to have the option in the radio settings menu to turn them off conveniently since the truck is in the US now, without having to go back into alpha.

Rocket....you do not have the CSM to turn the DRL's "on" or "off" because you have the DRL Configuration setting set for CANADIAN. DRL's are mandatory in Canada and therefore when set to the CANADIAN DRL the CSM function to turn them on or off is taken away. Also with the DRL COnfiguration set to CANADIAN you do not have the option of choosing which lamp to use as your DRL. Go back into the BCM and:

1) DRL Configuration: OPTIONAL DRL
2) Set which light you want to use as your DRL---"DRL LAMP LOCATION"
3) DRL DropOut Enable: YES
4) DRL Customer Settings ENABLE
5) Daytime Running Lights CSM

You probably have most of the settings done already, so just check to ensure. The biggie is #1.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat