AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
I asked this question, but never got a reply or comment.

When I "Read System Status", the new status is appended to the existing file. This file becomes very large over time.

Is there a way to RESET or CLEAR the System Status File?

I have tried clearing the Cache and Data for AlfaOBD, and that does not affect the File.

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall?

GodeoGeorge

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I asked this question, but never got a reply or comment.

When I "Read System Status", the new status is appended to the existing file. This file becomes very large over time.

Is there a way to RESET or CLEAR the System Status File?

I have tried clearing the Cache and Data for AlfaOBD, and that does not affect the File.

Perhaps an uninstall and reinstall?

GodeoGeorge
Is this a file that's saved to your phone or google drive? Or are you talking about the in app read out?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
If it is a file saved on my phone, I cannot find it.

I'm referring to when I select "Read Systam Status", there is a file generated that can be saved to the Cloud, or Viewed.

Since saving to the cloud is not currently working, I view the file and save it to my phone.

This file contains numerous system statuses, and any changes that were made.

RodeoGeorge

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it is a file saved on my phone, I cannot find it.

I'm referring to when I select "Read Systam Status", there is a file generated that can be saved to the Cloud, or Viewed.

Since saving to the cloud is not currently working, I view the file and save it to my phone.

This file contains numerous system statuses, and any changes that were made.

RodeoGeorge
Sir,
Use the status to email it to yourself for now.....
All is good. Breathe in. Exhale. [emoji5]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
Sir,
Use the status to email it to yourself for now.....
All is good. Breathe in. Exhale. [emoji5]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

There are numerous ways I can save or view the file.
That was not the question.

The question was, is there any way to reset the file that is saved =, so that it doesn't contain all the previous data?

RodeoGeorge

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

The question was, is there any way to reset the file that is saved =, so that it doesn't contain all the previous data?

RodeoGeorge
I'm at work so I haven't been able to dig into the app to check to see what you're talkin about exactly but would changing the file name be an option? Or removing the file from your phone forcing the app to create a new one?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
I'm at work so I haven't been able to dig into the app to check to see what you're talkin about exactly but would changing the file name be an option? Or removing the file from your phone forcing the app to create a new one?

I have tried deleting the file from the phone, once downloaded to the phone.

The next time I select the "Read System Status" i get all the previous status with the new read appended to the file.

RodeoGeorge

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

The next time I select the "Read System Status" i get all the previous status with the new read appended to the file.

RodeoGeorge
I'm going to bed now but I'll check on this tomorrow and see what I can figure out.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

RodeoGeorge

I believe that there is a way to do it. I think it was brought up already but is buried probably a few hundred post ago. I wish I would have payed more attention to it. My current system info doc is about 200 page's long.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Not sure in all the posts if this has been covered and it has to do with speed on Mx+. It needs an update if it's over a year old. I needed mine to do a bidirectional change on a 2019 Toyota and the issue was not with the software I was using but with the MX+ no it being updated...
You use the program that came with the Mx or Mx+ and it will update when plugged in near a network with your approval...I can go through step by step if need be but this may be some of the issue people are having...just my experience..

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
The program "OBD Link" should have come with your MX if it didn't easily found on the app stores..it's the MX native program for generic and now manufacturer specific scanning.
Once you have the program, plug your MX into any vehicle, open the app and there is a firmware update tab I believe or a notification one is available and how to proceed. I don't have mine handy but will go through it this evening and address any other specific steps..

Bill

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any way to disable the dim turn signal stripe on projector lights when the lows are on? Canadian truck with DRLs on (full power signal stripe when lows are off)

Parker675

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Is there any way to disable the dim turn signal stripe on projector lights when the lows are on? Canadian truck with DRLs on (full power signal stripe when lows are off)

Those are your "Parking Lights" so I doubt it.

enolS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi

RodeoGeorge

I found some information in the help file that may pertain to this. Do you have "Log recording" and/or “Keep session data” checkboxes enabled?

If so the files can be found on your phone by following this path:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.android.AlfaOBD/files/logs folder. The name of the file is (ECU Name) _Info.log, the file can be opened with a text editor

I would also check your internal storage using the same path as that is where I located my files for AlfaOBD. I would imagine if you remove those it would force the app to create a new one. You also entertain disabling that feature in the apps settings.

let me know if this works.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Crew Cab
Engine
I found some information in the help file that may pertain to this. Do you have "Log recording" and/or “Keep session data” checkboxes enabled?

If so the files can be found on your phone by following this path:
/sdcard/Android/data/com.android.AlfaOBD/files/logs folder. The name of the file is (ECU Name) _Info.log, the file can be opened with a text editor

I would also check your internal storage using the same path as that is where I located my files for AlfaOBD. I would imagine if you remove those it would force the app to create a new one. You also entertain disabling that feature in the apps settings.

let me know if this works.

That is exactly the information that I was looking for.
I did have both boxes checked, hence the new info was being appended to the previous file.
I'll check for certain tomorrow, but have no reason to no believe that is why my file keeps growing.

You are THE MAN!!!!!!

RodeoGeorge

Parker675

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Update on my hours issue. I've tried everything short of using the windows version and still no change. Guess I'll try and find someone with a windows laptop to use.

rocket61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do you guys add the day time running lights option to your 8.4 radio settings to turn them on/off? I’ve seen a few pics of trucks with the option on the radio screen. My Canadian truck has them enabled from the factory, confirmed the setting is set to “yes” via alpha odb, but would be nice to have the option in the radio settings menu to turn them off conveniently since the truck is in the US now, without having to go back into alpha.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca