AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Yup.
It's there direct website. @Mpgrimm2 also.
If im not mistaken it's a collaboration of both talents.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

It's just for DeereGuy's (Mike D.) harness projects. He has an I.T. background and patience to deal with/setup website for his stuff.
I still prefer to be contacted initially through the forum messages about my harness projects and then give out my contact info & details via email. No way I could keep up with orders coming in through a seperate site and my regular job.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

hougie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Morning all, I went in and changed tire thresholds and it seemed to take now showing max pressure of 63psi but I can't seem to get the low pressure warning to go away no matter what pressure they are at. Ideas?

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Morning all, I went in and changed tire thresholds and it seemed to take now showing max pressure of 63psi but I can't seem to get the low pressure warning to go away no matter what pressure they are at. Ideas?

Do you have your pin for the rf hub? You'll have to do a rf hub reset

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

wolf48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Do you have your pin for the rf hub? You'll have to do a rf hub reset

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Depending on year you don’t need the pin or a rf hub reset. Wasn’t required for my 2012.

Unless it’s different for newer models, you can’t set a max threshold. You need to set it to the lowest pressure of your liking.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Depending on year you don’t need the pin. Wasn’t required for my 2012. Didn’t have to do a rd hi reset for my 2012 either.

Unless it’s different for newer models, you can’t set a max threshold. You need to set it to the lowest pressure of your liking.

I didn't notice he had said max, so yes he needs to set it to the lowest pressure he wants before the warnings will go off. I believe it's necessary on 13+ trucks to do a rf hub reset

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

hougie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did the RF hub unlock/reset with my pin. I set it for 45psi but it shows 63psi max as the result. So I put 63psi, 80psi, 58psi and none of them make the warning going away

wolf48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I did the RF hub unlock/reset with my pin. I set it for 45psi but it shows 63psi max as the result. So I put 63psi, 80psi, 58psi and none of them make the warning going away

Do you have a 2500/3500? What year do you have?

You are selecting BCM, active diagnostics, then update pressure thresholds correct? The process was slightly different for my 2012 and it took me a couple tries. On my 2012 the light went of immediately once the BCM accepted the changes, but with other years it may take some time or driving around for few miles for the light to go away.

If you have a 2500/3500 with the light load button on your panel... Look at: BCM, active diagnostics, car configuration change, select option, then scroll down to vehicle config 4. In the vehicle config 4 options there are 4 settings for max load and light load settings.

I'll wait to hear what year/model before I go off more on the max vs. light load in case you don't have that option.

Dantra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
May have been discussed but has anyone ever noticed VehConfig 2 - Maserati Mode?? If selected there are 3 modes.. Normal, Sport GTS and RACE! Probably does nothing but it did make me raise an eyebrow

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
May have been discussed but has anyone ever noticed VehConfig 2 - Maserati Mode?? If selected there are 3 modes.. Normal, Sport GTS and RACE! Probably does nothing but it did make me raise an eyebrow
Hold my Beer...
Be aware!

Some of these settings obviously carry over from other vehicles lines and setting them randomly can cause serious issues with the truck working. There have been some settings that when changed actually turn off/on multiple settings and can be very difficult to find out what happened and undo it.

This has happened to a handful of people early on (can't remember who) and they either had to take their truck to the dealer or it took them several days or longer to chase down the changes by comparing their original settings.

*** Make sure you create/save a backup text file of your original BCM config (ie gDrive) before doing anything ***

M² Mods.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
I am trying to set up the Smart Beam function on a 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn using AlfaOBD using the five changes listed that should do it. What is happening though is it locks the tailgate and the only way I can get the tailgate to unlock is by reverting the settings. Any suggestions from anyone who got their Smart Beam settings to work?

Did you change your mirror to one that is Smart Beam capable? What mirror did your truck come with originally? Depending on your original mirror, you may also need a different harness that goes to the rear view mirror.

rreavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes. Before getting the alpharex projector headlights I used the turn/park as drl's with my quads with a set of switchbacks I had swapped in

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Just curious...have you installed the alpha Rex headlights yet? I just installed them in my’17 2500 and I’m getting the “Parking Light Out” message, but only when the headlights are on and I use the turn signal. I’ve tried changing the front parking light setting to LED and the front turn signal lights setting to LED, but that will give me the same Parking Light Out” error message all the time, so I changed it back.

Just curious if anyone else had this same issue. Sorry if it’s been asked....I did a search first and didn’t see anything about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Just curious...have you installed the alpha Rex headlights yet? I just installed them in my’17 2500 and I’m getting the “Parking Light Out” message, but only when the headlights are on and I use the turn signal. I’ve tried changing the front parking light setting to LED and the front turn signal lights setting to LED, but that will give me the same Parking Light Out” error message all the time, so I changed it back.

Just curious if anyone else had this same issue. Sorry if it’s been asked....I did a search first and didn’t see anything about it.

I've been running them for about 6 months or so. I didn't have any issues with them after changing the settings. I will say that I had to turn each signal on for a few seconds a side and use the 4 ways and that seemed to let the truck learn the new led's. I do have the same problem now after I retrofitted them. I just haven't had time to try a few things to get rid of the resistors I temporarily added to "fix" it

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

rreavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been running them for about 6 months or so. I didn't have any issues with them after changing the settings. I will say that I had to turn each signal on for a few seconds a side and use the 4 ways and that seemed to let the truck learn the new led's. I do have the same problem now after I retrofitted them. I just haven't had time to try a few things to get rid of the resistors I temporarily added to "fix" it

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Thanks! I’ll give it try (letting each side and flashers for for a bit). Hopefully that’ll work.

All the lights are working, just the annoying message and bing each time.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks! I’ll give it try (letting each side and flashers for for a bit). Hopefully that’ll work.

All the lights are working, just the annoying message and bing each time.

It's definitely annoying. Hopefully that helps. Only other thing I can think of is to disconnect the battery for a little while.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

rreavis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It's definitely annoying. Hopefully that helps. Only other thing I can think of is to disconnect the battery for a little while.

2018 2500 6.4L Tradesman

Good thought in the battery. So you did switch the settings over to LED? Then let each side run for a bit?