AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what values to use for Cabin EQ Curve?

Since I replaced my RA3 with an RA4 the RA4 sounds lower volume than the RA3. Maybe just a coincidence, but Im curious if maybe setting the EQ curve would help it....the problem is all I see in Alfa for the EQ curve is asking for a number input, not sure what number to use...is there a chart somewhere?

Truck4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys new member but long time Ram owner, this page is great going to put a dent in my pocket book I'm sure...anyway when I first started going through it there was a link to a similar page "AlfaOBD" but I think alittle more specific to my truck...2011 Diesel, well my computer got turned off and I don't even remember what page the link was on, or how far I had gotten, any help, Thanks

cclark019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Does anyone know what values to use for Cabin EQ Curve?

Since I replaced my RA3 with an RA4 the RA4 sounds lower volume than the RA3. Maybe just a coincidence, but Im curious if maybe setting the EQ curve would help it....the problem is all I see in Alfa for the EQ curve is asking for a number input, not sure what number to use...is there a chart somewhere?

That’s funny that setting used to list body styles and sound systems I wonder if something broke it in the latest update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s funny that setting used to list body styles and sound systems I wonder if something broke it in the latest update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe. I was curious if it just gets translated into a numeric value and if I could just type in the correct one.

Maybe I'll try to roll back to an earlier version.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Ok. I did the 7 inch EVIC swap, my mileage took, but my idle and total hrs will not. I did the VIN write, ive tried resetting the OBD Mx, ive tried turning the ignition to the first click and the second click, etc etc. Ive also tried adjusting the time parameters inside alfa obd as someone on here suggested, nothing is working. I have also sent alfa obd two emails last week and have not heard anything back. Do you guys have any thoughts? It seems this is a very common problem....

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

mpbc33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Trying to update my tire thresholds and when i set it to 32psi front and rear and hit start and then next it shows that it changed it to 50psi. If i try like 33psi it changes it to 51psi. What gives?!? If i select 14psi, it changes it on screen to 32psi.

ECB563AF-BB79-4B17-8DEB-335E74B59A9E.jpeg

Last edited:

Beckster7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been lerking in the background for quite sometime reading and learning. I have done a few things with the ALFA OBD like front windows rolling down, TPMS, and daytime running lights. I have had these things done for several months then all the sudden.

I have a 2015 2500 with factory projector head lights with stock bulbs. Both dim lights quit working simultaneously. Have checked all options known to me and can't figure it out. High beams work on manual and auto dim, fog lights and running lights all work as designed, etc. I have checked the relays/fuses in the fuse box and all seem to be good.

I disconnected both batteries tied the negative and positive together for about an hour trying to reset the TIMP and no luck, as well.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Rick Jones

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok. I did the 7 inch EVIC swap, my mileage took, but my idle and total hrs will not. I did the VIN write, ive tried resetting the OBD Mx, ive tried turning the ignition to the first click and the second click, etc etc. Ive also tried adjusting the time parameters inside alfa obd as someone on here suggested, nothing is working. I have also sent alfa obd two emails last week and have not heard anything back. Do you guys have any thoughts? It seems this is a very common problem....

Just keep doing the proceedure. Make sure you let the truck rest for 10-20 mins between tries. Also shut down the software between tries. It will take. I had Idle hours take immediately. It took an hour of retries to get total engine life hours to take. Then almost three hours for the mileage to take. All I can say is keep trying with slight changes to the timeout settings and different key positions. It will eventually take but it's a pain in the butt.. I tried to figure out the exact pattern I had to do to make it take but it was random.
WHen mine took I tried to redo it with one hour more and the same proceedure and it didn't work... So I left it since it was correct.

One of the things I did that I think helped was pulling the OBD MX+ out and restarting AlfaOBD and reconnecting everything from scratch between tries.

justin peck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7l
Its been 4 days of trying, my hours are definately different from what i have recorded, but i will keep trying.

dracman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 black out edition
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ya my mileage still won’t take. But got a friend I put leds in and just get hyper flash on inside of truck. I did the fix to mine but can’t remember how I did it lol

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anybody know what interior mirror control module is?

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I swapped my tires and wheels from 17" to 20's about a year ago on my CTD 2500. I've been driving around with my speedometer off about 4 mph.

I've been learning this AlfaOBD thing so, this evening, I changed my tire size to reflect the lt285-60-20 tires.

Got the ABS and a CEL as soon as it took. I didn't panic. I read this could happen. Cleared them both by following the ABS Initialization steps listed.

Does changing the tire size change the shift points or just the speedometer?

Also, if anyone has any info on adding a CD player to a 5.0, I would appreciate some direction. When I swapped from the 3.0 to the 5.0, the new radio will not recognize it.

Michael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I swapped my tires and wheels from 17" to 20's about a year ago on my CTD 2500. I've been driving around with my speedometer off about 4 mph.

I've been learning this AlfaOBD thing so, this evening, I changed my tire size to reflect the lt285-60-20 tires.

Got the ABS and a CEL as soon as it took. I didn't panic. I read this could happen. Cleared them both by following the ABS Initialization steps listed.

Also, if anyone has any info on adding a CD player to a 5.0, I would appreciate some direction. When I swapped from the 3.0 to the 5.0, the new radio will not recognize it.
A CD player? People still use those things? :eek:

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Did your truck come with the CD player? If so the code should be set in the BCM and the radio should pick it up. RA2 radios can be pretty quirky at times and there isn't much info around or updated firmware files to try to fix them. My truck came with the RA2 and the CD player and it worked fine before I upgraded to the RA4. If the code is set in your BCM then I'm not really sure what your next step would be but to try disconnecting the battery for 15 or 20 min to reset it and see if it helps or possibly try a different radio. If your truck didn't come with the CD player then you will need to enable the EDM (external disc module) with the alfa tool but I'm assuming it's already set because your CD player worked with your RA1. I have had some RA2 radios do some pretty stupid stuff when installed in different trucks. Everything from no sound or volume control to not having fade control to the back speakers to working perfectly for a day and then not working at all. If you do replace the radio I reccomend buying one from a truck of the same year with the same cab configuration if possible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Did your truck come with the CD player? If so the code should be set in the BCM and the radio should pick it up. RA2 radios can be pretty quirky at times and there isn't much info around or updated firmware files to try to fix them. My truck came with the RA2 and the CD player and it worked fine before I upgraded to the RA4. If the code is set in your BCM then I'm not really sure what your next step would be but to try disconnecting the battery for 15 or 20 min to reset it and see if it helps or possibly try a different radio. If your truck didn't come with the CD player then you will need to enable the EDM (external disc module) with the alfa tool but I'm assuming it's already set because your CD player worked with your RA1. I have had some RA2 radios do some pretty stupid stuff when installed in different trucks. Everything from no sound or volume control to not having fade control to the back speakers to working perfectly for a day and then not working at all. If you do replace the radio I reccomend buying one from a truck of the same year with the same cab configuration if possible.

Yes, my truck originally came with a CD player under the jump seat. It also came with the 3.0 radio. I swapped radios for the integrated phone and in the process, lost the CD Player. My truck is a 2013 and the 5.0 radio was from a 2015.

Even though the CD player doesn't show up on the radio, if I "Eject CD" in the BCM section of AlfaOBD, it ejects the CD so the BCM knows it's there. Maybe my 5.0 radio will not support a cd player.

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s been a few weeks since I accidentally made some changes on alfaobd. Tomorrow I take it to the dealer because I have compared other bcms to mine and cannot find the changes that turned my cruise control off, turned my traction control off and cause a service electronic braking system Hopefully it isn’t expensive. Cruise control shows that it is turned on, however nothing happens when I hit the steering wheel buttons. Traction control light on the dash but on the control panel when pushed on nothing happens.

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
It’s been a few weeks since I accidentally made some changes on alfaobd. Tomorrow I take it to the dealer because I have compared other bcms to mine and cannot find the changes that turned my cruise control off, turned my traction control off and cause a service electronic braking system Hopefully it isn’t expensive. Cruise control shows that it is turned on, however nothing happens when I hit the steering wheel buttons. Traction control light on the dash but on the control panel when pushed on nothing happens.
Have you double checked "Vehicle line"? My 2500 was all jacked up with traction control radio etc and vehicle line had been changed.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

RamAz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My current vehicle line says DS, I have a 2017 Ram 1500 QuadCab Express Hemi.

Have you double checked "Vehicle line"? My 2500 was all jacked up with traction control radio etc and vehicle line had been changed.

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The cruise control will not work if you have and ABS light or traction control issue. The dealer should easily be able to flash the truck back to stock in a matter of a few minutes. I had a friend who worked at a Dodge dealership and watched him do mine when I messed up my BCM with the AE tool. This is not a big deal for them to do so don't let them scare you into thinking it is. They basically do it the same way we do with the alfa tool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357