AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m sure this has been discussed but I cannot find it.
Will disconnecting my negative terminal on the battery reset the changes I made with the alpha back to factory?

ie... all the LED lights, DRL, Fog drop out etc......
The only way you will lose your settings is if you remove them yourself or the dealer flashes your truck for any reason.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Great thanks

Also. How difficult is it to change my tire size with alpha? I’ve read some horror stories. I am getting new tires and wheels and will be selling the OEMs.

Syciu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi. I come back again with the topic of converting the rear direction indicators to orange with us - thank you very much for the tips - they came in handy but we have one problem all the time and no idea - we used a new cable for the rear directions and connected it in BCM in F pin 42 and E pin 3, we activated the rear directions output in ALFAobd and turned off the combination lamps - generally everything works, but we have a problem all the time with the indicator of the rear direction indicator right after turning on the car - left and right shows all the time after starting the car - we have already set various options but the error still occurs - although the bulbs are functional and the installation is new - we do not know how to get rid of this error - what else can be set? Maybe someone will come up with an idea.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hi. I come back again with the topic of converting the rear direction indicators to orange with us - thank you very much for the tips - they came in handy but we have one problem all the time and no idea - we used a new cable for the rear directions and connected it in BCM in F pin 42 and E pin 3, we activated the rear directions output in ALFAobd and turned off the combination lamps - generally everything works, but we have a problem all the time with the indicator of the rear direction indicator right after turning on the car - left and right shows all the time after starting the car - we have already set various options but the error still occurs - although the bulbs are functional and the installation is new - we do not know how to get rid of this error - what else can be set? Maybe someone will come up with an idea.
Can you upload your BCM configuration to google drive and post it here? It’ll be easier to figure this out if I can see you current settings as a whole. Also, what are the fault codes stored in the BCM, and what bulb error message does it say on the cluster screen?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great thanks

Also. How difficult is it to change my tire size with alpha? I’ve read some horror stories. I am getting new tires and wheels and will be selling the OEMs.
I did mine and didn't have any issues but I know some people have reported that they did. Im not sure if they typed in the size incorrectly or possibly did something else wrong orcif it was a problem with the tool. I highly reccomend downloading you BCM configuration before you start if you haven't already. I used one of the stock configurations for my 35/12.5/20 Toyo All Terrain Extreme tires. I used the factory setting for the Toyo 35/12.5/18 and it's pretty close. A friend of mine programmed his by entering the correct tire diameter and he didn't have any issue with his either.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have RGBW switchbacks. They’ve been doing so may odd things. So I decided to disable the DRLs. I’ve gone through every setting I can find which I got from this thread. And they are still on. So it can take some time for the settings to take? Or do you just have to do the settings multiple times sometimes. I waited about 30 mins between each step. And does it matter the order for the steps?

Outbreak

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Great thanks

It took me a few tries, but I finally got it. However, it was all user error. Once I figured out I was trying to input a ridiculously oversized tire, it worked fine.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I have RGBW switchbacks. They’ve been doing so may odd things. So I decided to disable the DRLs. I’ve gone through every setting I can find which I got from this thread. And they are still on. So it can take some time for the settings to take? Or do you just have to do the settings multiple times sometimes. I waited about 30 mins between each step. And does it matter the order for the steps?
Are your DRL country code set to Other? I know if they're set for Canada you can't turn them off.
I enabled the dedicated DRLs on my truck and added the option in the 8.4 radio to turn them on/off. If I'm not mistaken they'll still light up if you remote start the truck(I could be wrong bit it's been awhile since I played with them). All the settings for the DRLs took and worked right away.

Michael Butts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
2015 Ram 2500 5.7 slt.
Guy wanted his tpms sensors turned down from 80 to 50. Had the pin and followed the post from earlier and it says threshold is 50 but shows 54 on dash and says add air??

Next tire size configuration went from 17’s to 18’s. I selected the exact tire went for test drive now abs light is on, service trailer brake , and speedo doesn’t work. What in the hell went wrong here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
So I installed the 1A Auto power fold tow mirrors a couple months ago. Can AlfaOBD be used to orient my TrailRidge mirrors to properly adjust when flipped up? No big deal to me but might use AlfaOBD for other things if I decide to buy it.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
2015 Ram 2500 5.7 slt.
Guy wanted his tpms sensors turned down from 80 to 50. Had the pin and followed the post from earlier and it says threshold is 50 but shows 54 on dash and says add air??

Next tire size configuration went from 17’s to 18’s. I selected the exact tire went for test drive now abs light is on, service trailer brake , and speedo doesn’t work. What in the hell went wrong here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the tpms change is still a little buggy. I remember in the past couple months people having issues getting the correct value they entered

Follow the directions in here for the tire size

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xQvdHVTgRwKQRKSBh1K2rkCqg5dlpSi0

2018 Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Richmond2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I installed the 1A Auto power fold tow mirrors a couple months ago. Can AlfaOBD be used to orient my TrailRidge mirrors to properly adjust when flipped up? No big deal to me but might use AlfaOBD for other things if I decide to buy it.
yes enable trailer tow mirrors equipped it is one option I believe under "doors" or such IF I recall I did mine a year ago

Doors Configuration:
Global Up: Set
Global Down: Set
Sun Shade: Not set
Puddle Lamp Present: Set
Rear Door pre short drop behavior: Not set
Folding mirrors present: Set
Heated Mirrors: Set
Mirror turn signals present: Set
Driver Memory Mirrors Present: Set
Passenger Memory Mirror Present: Set
Electro-chromatic driver mirror present: Set
Electro-chromatic passenger mirror present: Set
Tow Mirror Present: Set
update yes my mirrors are "amazon" aftermarket ones and it does work

Last edited:

dhay13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 6.4L Hemi 4.10's 'Off-Road'
yes enable trailer tow mirrors equipped it is one option I believe under "doors" or such IF I recall I did mine a year ago
Even with the Trail Ridge aftermarket mirrors?

RockyAEV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Great thanks

So I did it a while back, there was not a size pre loaded for what I was using and got some information from someone else...then proceeded to do what I wanted too, after about 20 different inputs I tried what I was told and it was spot on! So heed my warning and try it this way first...it will be worth it in the end haha enjoy

b5c7ffec4b4e05ba26e4594643f4b065.jpg

2018 Ram 2500 Tradesman
6.7L, G56

andrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
as I'm waiting on usps to deliver my security bypass harness for my 19 classic, I thought id do some research before hand so I have everything sorted before I start on my truck. quick question for you 18 and 19 classic guys. what "control unit" (body computer) has worked best for you? does anyone work better than another? I figured the "body computer MY2013-2017 Powernet" will work fine as that's what most use or recommend, but I figured id ask since there is no 18-19 classic option listed. thanks in advance!

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are your DRL country code set to Other? I know if they're set for Canada you can't turn them off.
I enabled the dedicated DRLs on my truck and added the option in the 8.4 radio to turn them on/off. If I'm not mistaken they'll still light up if you remote start the truck(I could be wrong bit it's been awhile since I played with them). All the settings for the DRLs took and worked right away.

it was set to Canada but I disabled that too. I disabled every option I could find.