AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Michael Butts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
What year cluster did you install? 16+ have full compatibility with newer radios whereas the 15 and older clusters dont. Theres a handful of xm stations that dont show up, but other than that no big difference between them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That has to be it. I believe it came out of a 2015. I’ll see if I can’t cole across a 17 at a later date. Thanks for reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone tried rolling back to a previous version? When I download and install they install fine but need licensing when you go to use them.

I have to uninstall my paid version for the old one to install so the license info goes away.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Anyone tried rolling back to a previous version? When I download and install they install fine but need licensing when you go to use them.

I have to uninstall my paid version for the old one to install so the license info goes away.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had the same problem months ago when I tried

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had the same problem months ago when I tried

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Darn...thanks anyway.

Was trying to use the VIN write to radio function but it doesnt work in latest version (not sure it works in old ones because I havent seen anyone that tried it, but figured its worth a shot)

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
That has to be it. I believe it came out of a 2015. I’ll see if I can’t cole across a 17 at a later date. Thanks for reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To fully support the radio it needs to be out of a 2018

What we have been doing is just shutting off the tPMs
And installing a 2018 cluster
The only downside is when it’s in park the P will continuously flash
No other side effects

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

No other side effects
I came across a post that mentioned a dealership flash for the flashing "P" but I can't remember where...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes they can flash it I seen that same post but it doesn’t work on a 2013
The problem is it flashes because it doesn’t think the vehicle is in park because there’s not receiving a park Destination inquiry from the electric shift actuator
All years that have rotary dial it works fine it’s only an issue on yours that have the column shift

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Installed the factory Trailer brake control. Works as it should.
Hooked up to alfaobd with bypass harness, changed one setting at a time, waiting 5 minutes in between. Does not come up on screen. Any ideas? I watched the video as I performed the tasks.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No other side effects
16+ supports everything. The issue isnt the tpms, it's the IPC feature is enabled in the BCM and it conflicts with the radio when a premium cluster is installed. Disable that setting with alfa and I bet it stops reverting back to info screen.

JLEONARD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Installed the factory Trailer brake control. Works as it should.
Hooked up to alfaobd with bypass harness, changed one setting at a time, waiting 5 minutes in between. Does not come up on screen. Any ideas? I watched the video as I performed the tasks.

Found the problem. Have to enable integrated trailer brake module too.
"P/T chassis net-ITBM/HWM Integrated Trailer Brake Module"

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Yes they can flash it I seen that same post but it doesn’t work on a 2013
The problem is it flashes because it doesn’t think the vehicle is in park because there’s not receiving a park Destination inquiry from the electric shift actuator
All years that have rotary dial it works fine it’s only an issue on yours that have the column shift
I have a '16 premium EVIC in my '15 CTD. It came out of a EcoD with a rotary shift. My "P" flashes due to the park signal missing from the lever shift but it does not affect anything otherwise. I consider it a feature (like a Microsoft bug) that alerts me as to when the gear shift is fully in the PARK position.
When looking at the cluster in AlfaOBD the VIN is returned as my truck so I guess it picks it up from the BCM.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
I thought it was a feature of 16+ clusters because I have a 2015 ram with rotary gears and a 2018 cluster and the p always blinks.

Ramit2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a '16 premium EVIC in my '15 CTD. It came out of a EcoD with a rotary shift. My "P" flashes due to the park signal missing from the lever shift but it does not affect anything otherwise. I consider it a feature (like a Microsoft bug) that alerts me as to when the gear shift is fully in the PARK position.
When looking at the cluster in AlfaOBD the VIN is returned as my truck so I guess it picks it up from the BCM.
I think there's more to it. I've had dozens of different clusters in my truck (16 CTD) and never experienced it. I really think it's a software update or glitch because the part numbers for the clusters are all the same between models. For example a cluster from a 2016 1500 5.7 is the same part number in a 2016 3500 6.4.

Kyledoty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Have a couple of questions I am hoping you all can help me with. I am trying the get my 18 ED tire size updated and I am running into some issues. I have deereguys bypass installed (thanks Deere :) and I am using android tablet with mx Bluetooth.

1. When I get to the step with clearing rolls information I am getting “Failed. Service not supported in Active Diagnostic Session.” This happens every time I get to this step.

2. When it says to clear codes for the ECM what engine do I select for the ED? Is it the Chrysler/3.6,4.6,5.7........

Being GDE Hot Tuned I assume it doesn’t matter since changes are being made to BCM and not the ECM is this correct?

Did you ever get past this? This is where I’m stuck at

Crazyjoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Do yourself a favor and buy a $30 cheapo phone (or used from a friend). You don't have to activate it. You might have to connect it to a computer to download the downloaded software. Well worth it.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I think there's more to it. I've had dozens of different clusters in my truck (16 CTD) and never experienced it. I really think it's a software update or glitch because the part numbers for the clusters are all the same between models. For example a cluster from a 2016 1500 5.7 is the same part number in a 2016 3500 6.4.

Have you had a 2018+ Cluster?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've had everything from 19 classics to 13's in my truck and have only seen this about 5 times

Interesting, I wonder if the flash the dealer performs is cluster firmware then?