AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

12.2v
a set from amazon that included hi/low/fog in one, off brand.

Are the lights not turning on? If not try flipping the connectors. They are polarity sensitive.

If they turn on then off or flicker, Verify in your bcm log that VehConfig 3 high intensity discharge lights is enabled. If it is then chances are they are either bad or just aren't going to work. In most cases, although alfaobd allows changes for led's, you'll need canbus compatible led's

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman

Tyson Mutchler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Lonestar Silver Edition
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thank you!!! I ordered another set and i will disassemble and check polarity when they arrive, just in case the leds are bad. I'm betting it's bad leds, after closer inspection of the reviews.

Sevvvy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I had the same problem when I tried using the PC version. Change the Interface to OBDLink instead of OBDKey (if you're using the MX).

Appreciate the help however running into a new error.

I tried changing that setting and now i'm getting "Error opening port. The semaphore timeout period has expired." (picture below) I also updated the firmware as someone else suggested. I have tried changing the interfaces to both OBDLink and OBDKey with both having the same error. I have since tried all the suggestions online to resolving it via windows, i.e. updating drivers, disabling firewalls and checking for corrupt files.

I have also forgotten device and reconnected quite a few times.

Anyone have any luck with this error?

Thanks

IMG_0038.jpg

Jason Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am trying to program the idle and total drive hours. All it does is say started please wait. Been running like this for over ten minutes. Any ideas please?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am trying to program the idle and total drive hours. All it does is say started please wait. Been running like this for over ten minutes. Any ideas please?
If you saw the screen flash continental then come back up and quit flashing, wait 2 minutes and check to see if it worked. If it didn't, try it with the key turned one click and/or two clicks.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Canadian Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 SLT
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Appreciate the help however running into a new error.

I tried changing that setting and now i'm getting "Error opening port. The semaphore timeout period has expired." (picture below) I also updated the firmware as someone else suggested. I have tried changing the interfaces to both OBDLink and OBDKey with both having the same error. I have since tried all the suggestions online to resolving it via windows, i.e. updating drivers, disabling firewalls and checking for corrupt files.

I have also forgotten device and reconnected quite a few times.

Anyone have any luck with this error?

Thanks

I think I fixed that by changing the com port.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/page-9#post-1791893

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Searched and couldnt find...

if I was to get the alpha OBD would I be able to see what my gas tank size is set to? I have the 32gal and since bringing do the dealer and them having to do some computer updates my gas gauge drops faster.
And since this every time I fill it up from half, it will only take approx 11gal. I have all the fuel receipts in date order since getting this truck and you can see it on the fuel quanity

Austen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Hard to see the picture of what I'm talking about but I've seen a couple guys with UAQS able to see their auxillary switches on the radio but I've never been able to. My truck is a 17' with the added UAQ for an 18' Ram and I already have the auxillary switches through commercial settings on my 7" EVIC. Any setting I might be missing or any ideas?5328a436b8aa9920e2c8f1b38e52d947.jpg

17' CCSB 4X4 68RFE 2500 6.7 Tradesman DRP EGR delete, CTT tuning w/TCM tuning, UAQ w/7 speed HVAC, 7" premium EVIC, OEM front Parksense, OEM style front camera, aux switches, OEM remote start, Single Zone ATC

SRich2015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I can see mine on my 2018 UAQ but they will not change any of the settings I have to go under Commercial settings in the Evic to make changes!!!

MarshallGibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

if I was to get the alpha OBD would I be able to see what my gas tank size is set to? I have the 32gal and since bringing do the dealer and them having to do some computer updates my gas gauge drops faster.
And since this every time I fill it up from half, it will only take approx 11gal. I have all the fuel receipts in date order since getting this truck and you can see it on the fuel quanity
Go to the pump with the light on and fill it up and see what you got.
I just did a search on my backed up file for tank capacity and came up empty handed.

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I know there are some settings in the BCM for the tank configuration, though I am not sure if anyone has tried to make any adjustments with the AlfaOBD... I considered it since my 2017 PW 6.4 32 gallon tank flags as empty with over 7 gallons still in the tank. Of all the RAMs I have owned this is the first time I have had a fuel gauge so far off.

It would be great to hear if anyone has tried to calibrate the fuel gauge.

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
We have a new update but I believe the years before 2018 without any improvement in the 13 1500 before we could add aux switch’s and now that is no longer there, among other things

Jason Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
would like to chime in here to say that i did the 7" evic and 8.4 uconnect conversion both out of the 2018 diesel, and would like to add that the radio fuse for the diesel is not by the Brake m/c its on the right had side near the firewall near the washer tank, also programming the evic is a bit different too just do it while the key is off alfaobd tells you to turn the key on then hit ok, just ignore that and click ok it will finish just fine that way do you get the correct mileage and hours

Jason Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you saw the screen flash continental then come back up and quit flashing, wait 2 minutes and check to see if it worked. If it didn't, try it with the key turned one click and/or two clicks.

Thank you. When I go to set. It says wait 30 secs turn on wait till dash resets.I even wait extra till the check end light quits.
But on your reply you say wait 2 mins . Am I doing the waiting with the key off? Thank you again for trying to help me

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Thank you. When I go to set. It says wait 30 secs turn on wait till dash resets.I even wait extra till the check end light quits.
But on your reply you say wait 2 mins . Am I doing the waiting with the key off? Thank you again for trying to help me

No, the key will be on but you will only turn the key to "one click" or one detent. Don't turn it to the second position to let the cluster checks start. Only turn it once so just the cluster turns on.

Perform all of the mileage change steps from the first key position.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
Does anybody know the sales code for amplifier thanks

Fro what I can see, it could be either RC3, RCK, RCZ, but i can't seem to narrow it down any further than that. Here's a list of sales codes i found at one point, looking through the RC* section, there are a ton of different codes, but the parts list I have only mentions those three as options

Attachments

• salescode.pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 6

ManualCummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I said sales code but I really wanted to know what I need to turn on an alpha to get it to work since they did a dash swap

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I said sales code but I really wanted to know what I need to turn on an alpha to get it to work since they did a dash swap
To enable the factory amp? Enable Cabin-net AMP amplifier. Then set ECU 3 cabin equalization curve to the appropriate cab you have for alpine 12-channel