AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My drls are working now.

Not sure if I like my switchbacks on for drls now lol! And I still have the canbus error for my park lights. Haven't messed with that part yet. Hard to figure out what settings need go be changed.

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you have the option enabled in the 8.4 screen (daylight on/off)

I didn't change any settings in my radio. I will look and see if there are more options.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Any way to get these codes to work with apple phones???

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road package

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Not at the current time. Only Android and Windows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Not at the current time. Only Android and Windows.

That freakin sucks ass

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

No as of now there is no alphaOBD App that's compatible with iPhones. I'm sure it's probably because Apple won't allow it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

randotx

Reaction score
I ordered obdmx and a cheap Lenovo tablet. They’ll be here tomorrow. I have an iPhone too, but this tablet will more than likely stay in the truck now.

OP
OP
Ghost_RAM

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered obdmx and a cheap Lenovo tablet. They’ll be here tomorrow. I have an iPhone too, but this tablet will more than likely stay in the truck now.

My old Note 2 sits in the center console. Unless I know it’s going to be extremely hot as batteries and heat don’t mix.

jcarden10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Read through the thread and didn’t see an answer, so for those of you that had the AE tool, has anyone tried the Windows version of AlfaOBD with the USB to OBD2 cable that came with the AE tool? Wondering if I can use that to connect instead of getting the bluetooth.

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Any Auto High Beam mirror should be Auto Dim as well. The light sensor for the Auto Dim works in coordination with Auto High Beam. I see the auto dimming mirrors listed incorrectly all the time on eBay saying their Auto High Beam when they are not. This is a picture of a Auto Dim/Auto High Beam mirror for the 13 to 16 Ram with the plastic mirror cover removed. If you are wanting to add Auto High Beams to your truck this is the mirror you need. If it does not have this camera lens type setup on it is not an auto high beam85ee4b72c47905b903eb1fbf795dde56.jpg

I’m pretty sure that camera looking thing is the sensor for the rain sensing wipers. The little white square should be the sensor for the smart/auto high beam. The auto dim sensor is the little circle facing you in the top center on the mirror face.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m pretty sure that camera looking thing is the sensor for the rain sensing wipers. The little white square should be the sensor for the smart/auto high beam. The auto dim sensor is the little circle facing you in the top center on the mirror face.
That is incorrect. The small white lense is for the Auto Dim feature only and not the Smart Beam feature. The camera looking lense is actually for the auto high beam and detects light sources from the front of the vehicle and adjust the headlights accordingly. It does work in conjunction with auto dim feature as it adjusts the speed at which your Auto High Beam feature will function by detecting the amount of ambient light present. The small little circle that's actually on the face of the mirror detects headlights behind you and activates your auto dim mirror when the little white square on the front of the mirror detects the ambient light source is low enough for it to function. I only know this because when I did mine I thought exactly what you are thinking until 00/RT sent me a link to the correct mirror and explained the difference to me.

Last edited:

duunoit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
That is incorrect.

Rick is correct. D@mn junk yards :)

This is what the mirror looks like with BOTH the SmartBeam Sensor (clear window in the mirror cover/cup) and Rain Sensing Wiper feature (the darker black square in the windshield tint).

ram_mirror.JPG

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
A word of caution: I wouldn't recommend going in and changing certain engine or transmission parameters with this tool if it is capable unless you are absolutely sure of what you're changing. You can get into some real problems if you change things the wrong way and don't remember what you did or you're unable to put it back.

Yes i agree, all I want to do is try to mimic what other tuners are doing with their tranny tunes through the obd port such as this:

Eliminates 2-1 downshift hesitation at low speed tip-in maneuvers (i.e. rolling stop sign re-acceleration)
• Upshifts earlier in all conditions for improved fuel economy.
• Downshift criteria revamped to best utilize engine torque curve and stay in each gear longer.
• Hill mode optimization to prevent gear hunting
• Refinement on shift scheduling in altitude to provide better engine responsiveness
• Revamped warm-up mode scheduling to provide faster engine warmup (i.e. 1-2 gears lower compared to normal shift maps)
• Increased minimum engine speed after upshift during DPF regeneration for better regen efficiency (this feature will only appear with the GDE Hot Tune installed in ECM).
• Eliminated shift schedule offset based on steering wheel angle to give better continuity of powertrain presence.
• All new tow/haul mode scheduling for maintaining best engine speed range during trailering.
• More use of converter lockup and reduced slip rates to reduce tranny fluid heat load and improve fuel economy.
• More linear response in shifting in medium/high load.
• The shift speeds are quicker and torque response optimized.
• Positive torque requests enabled during downshifts at lower engine speeds for smoother and quicker shifts.
• Torque management maps calibrated for proper clutch control in high output applications (i.e. GDE Turbo Kit, etc), and positive torque enabled during closed throttle downshifts for improved shift comfort
• Highway passing downshifts are sharper and torque is immediate.
• Holds gear better while towing and less hunting on grades.
• Raised absolute input torque limits to enable full torque capacity of GDE Turbo Kit
• Ram vehicles now feature our GearCommand™ feature letting the (+) and (-) buttons on steering wheel to command up- and down-shifts when pressed instead of setting max allowed gear.
• Enables 2nd gear launch from a stop using wheel buttons (Ram) or steering wheel paddles (Jeep).
• Jeep Eco Mode now remembers the last mode selected instead of defaulting always to Eco Mode (for 2014-2015 vehicles)
• Jeep Eco Mode now starts in 2nd gear by default and features a shift scheduled designed for fuel economy.

Imma try and just look through the tranny settings and see what I can learn before messing with it.

The only REAL thing i want are these ones:
• Eliminated shift schedule offset based on steering wheel angle to give better continuity of powertrain presence.

Eliminates 2-1 downshift hesitation at low speed tip-in maneuvers (i.e. rolling stop sign re-acceleration)

I need to find someone with a aftermarket tranny tune, plug in and compare what the differences are in each category with the alfaobd app.

icetraxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine came in yesterday and I'm hoping to get some time to play with it today. I have a performance and trans tune installed in my '17 Sport. I'll post up what I have.

I need to find someone with a aftermarket tranny tune, plug in and compare what the differences are in each category with the alfaobd app.

Chach

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Has anyone tried to adjust the tire pressure with this app?

SixFOURhemiHD

Ghost Rider
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L 392 Hemi
I'm going to post up a link to the screenshots of my 18 Ram1500 Laramie's BCM settings (5.7L/8spd/3.21 4x2) using the AlfaOBD for anyone that wants to look/compare. Again all this is at your own risk so be careful with what you change.
18Ram1500 Laramie BCM settings link
-
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=17bwuc3oCIX8rULPYCwnscjkDVPKbcRcl

PS: if you have a 2018 Ram, you need to bypass the security module using our Bypass harness to be able to connect to the BCM with any scan tool (except the dealer's).
2018 RAM Security Module Bypass.
c397a1c6214fa31592bbae04793695cc.jpg

M² Mods.

1) How do I purchase this harness and how does it install?

2) I have an OBDlink MX WiFi model. Will it work as well? This was the unit I used in my F-150 with Forscan, the Ford version of this tool.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
1) How do I purchase this harness and how does it install?

2) I have an OBDlink MX WiFi model. Will it work as well? This was the unit I used in my F-150 with Forscan, the Ford version of this tool.
@deereguy can make you the bypass harness if he still has parts. Send him a pm with your name/email so he can send you details.

My guess is the OBDlink MX wifi will also work... Have you checked to see if it's listed on the Alfaobd site?

M² Mods.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fwiw I have a bafx elm327 adapter and it connects with alfaodb with no problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
ohXnakz.jpg

This made me jump outta the driver seat!

I have a zf8hp70 not the 45, the alfa connected using the zf8hp45 protocol (does not have a 70 - also my truck is a 17 but when connected it says i connect to MY16 body module), but when trying to pull info i got that.

Is that a common warning, or do you guys think i coulda bricked the tranny control module?

I unplugged and started my truck and decided to come inside now lol