AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KrisIL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can we have a thread where we can post what OBD reader we used and car specs? I don't want to spend $100 for a reader and I'm pretty sure there are cheaper versions that will work.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good morning. Looking for the write up to load my injector codes from my Eco Diesel in to a GDE ECM? TIA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can we have a thread where we can post what OBD reader we used and car specs? I don't want to spend $100 for a reader and I'm pretty sure there are cheaper versions that will work.
It's pretty well known by this point that the OBDLink interface is the way to go. The app was built using this interface and while there are other cheaper options, they have proven to be unstable, unreliable, or not functional for some settings, modules, and options. They seem to be really hit and miss and in some cases it has been reported that modules have been bricked while using other interfaces.

For the money you save going with a cheap interface, there's a lot of risk you're taking to save $20-40. One of those risks being it costing you a grand or two for a new module plus whatever the dealer charges in labor/programming and peripheral stuff.

It's understandable that people are on a budget, but if you can't afford the right interface, can you really afford the possible results that can stem from using the alternatives? The interface is cheaper than one hour of diag at the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
HELP. 2017 Ram 1500. Went through the steps to adjust tire size. Everything said good. But now have the following and the speedo doesn't work. What did I miss? Of course stupid me didn't back up the ECM before playing. When I drive its apparent something in the 4wd system isn't right.c6037dad2aa53259e77fe86dd15a1d36.jpg49f389d452ce977d8706ae56ab8aef7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My ABS choices are in the pic. None that say ABS Ate/Continental like in my directions.92c35b459d2116320e6a1310e272f8b7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PatriotMS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a brand new 2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 4dr 4WD.

I have the OBDlinkMx and if the module is not connected, the AlfaOBD will show the window for the new EVIC 7" cluster and the link so I can correct the mileage to my new truck, but as soon as I connect it, the START option stays grey and the options are not available when connected.

Secondly, I have adjusted the top speed limiter to 300kph and it shows that is the limit in the specs but the truck still shuts down at 102 mph.

Is there any way to raise the cruise control limit above 85mph? When I am traveling in Texas and other regions where the actual speed limit is 80+ mph... this is an issue.

Thanks!!!!!

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD

I have the OBDlinkMx and if the module is not connected, the AlfaOBD will show the window for the new EVIC 7" cluster and the link so I can correct the mileage to my new truck, but as soon as I connect it, the START option stays grey and the options are not available when connected.

Secondly, I have adjusted the top speed limiter to 300kph and it shows that is the limit in the specs but the truck still shuts down at 102 mph.

Is there any way to raise the cruise control limit above 85mph? When I am traveling in Texas and other regions where the actual speed limit is 80+ mph... this is an issue.

Thanks!!!!!

Do you have the security bypass?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Thanks!!!!!
You have a 2020 HD ram with the new cluster. AlfaOBD is not capable of doing the mileage correction on that one.
Top speed and cruise control needs to be adjusted in the PCM, which AlfaOBD can not do. If you set the cruise at 85, then use the +/resume button on the steering wheel, you can raise the cruise set speed.

Brad Kiley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Can we get the srt pages on my ram truck with alpha obd? Also can I change my splash screen? If so on both, directions please? Thanks

Cesar592

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar
just contact the developer and tell him your problem will solve it but I really don't know if all that is good since there are many ruffians selling in lots that take all this information to reprogram cluster and sell trucks taking miles away

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.8
Just completed my 8.4 non nav to 12" nav upgrade. Thank you @Jimmy07 for your help and Kodatech. Radio was sourced from eBay and had never been installed in a vehicle. It took more time to unplug the harness's than anything else!

The only features not working are the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel heat. When I access them in the menu the icons are greyed out! Is this something that will correct itself after a few cycles?

2020 5gen Laramie!

Update, all functions are working now. Heat and cool seats as well as heated steering wheel [emoji106]

Last edited:

dcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey All,

I'm going to attempt DRL on my 2018 Tradesman crew cab with 7 inch evic. I purchased some Spyder LED headlights with the bar around them. I wired the LED bar to the parking light per the directions. I saw under CBC Features DRL location there is a choice for SRT Light Bar DRL. I'm assuming that doesn't have anything to do with a signal to the parking light and the only way to do this would be to wire into something else?

Appreciate any help or wisdom.

spaniel43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.8
Just completed my 8.4 non nav to 12" nav upgrade. Thank you @Jimmy07 for your help and Kodatech. Radio was sourced from eBay and had never been installed in a vehicle. It took more time to unplug the harness's than anything else!

The only features not working are the heated/cooled seats and steering wheel heat. When I access them in the menu the icons are greyed out! Is this something that will correct itself after a few cycles?

2020 5gen Laramie!

Update, all functions are working now. Heat and cool seats as well as heated steering wheel [emoji106]
Is there a way for obd to update the VIN so the 12" does not appear to a dealer to be self installed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

dcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can we get the srt pages on my ram truck with alpha obd? Also can I change my splash screen? If so on both, directions please? Thanks

I was able to change spash screen on my 7 inch evic under VehConfig 1: Special Features. Believe evic must be from 2015 or newer if thats what you were asking about.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Is there a way for obd to update the VIN so the 12" does not appear to a dealer to be self installed?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
All previous radios associate themselves to the installed vehicle at power up. New radios automatically and used radios after entering the anti-theft code.

All dealers will know it's not factory equipped with little effort but many won't care (unless you are trying to claim something under warranty that isn't working due to your modifications).

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

BosManG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
Bought pair of power folding mirrors with blinkers and door panel with fold switch. Got blinkers to work but not fold. Flashed fold says it's was done. 2013 SLT

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bought pair of power folding mirrors with blinkers and door panel with fold switch. Got blinkers to work but not fold. Flashed fold says it's was done. 2013 SLT
Did you change your driver and passenger door modules? If not that's your problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk