AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if you can turn off the feature that kicks the truck in neutral if you try to move with the driver door open?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New guy here, added some power fold turn signal mirrors to my ‘13 rcsb express. I have followed all posts about using alfaobd with Mx module, still no puddle lights or turn signals. Mirrors are OEM Ram. Have door modules also. Any ideas?

Stealth28

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Has anyone figured out how to change the threshold for the auto on heated seats and steering wheel?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone figured out how to change the threshold for the auto on heated seats and steering wheel?
There doesn't seem to be any place listed to change it in the Alfa tool that we have been able to find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
New guy here, added some power fold turn signal mirrors to my ‘13 rcsb express. I have followed all posts about using alfaobd with Mx module, still no puddle lights or turn signals. Mirrors are OEM Ram. Have door modules also. Any ideas?

These are the settings I used when I did them on my '14.

Doors:
Power Folding Mirrors Present: Yes
Mirror turn signals present: Yes
Mirror Approach Lights Present: Yes
Tow Mirror Present: Yes

One thought, the mirrors you got, were they used or new? If used, it's possible the turn and puddle lights are burnt out (not seriously likely, but possible).

-K

SR71RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hate to bump but I'm really stumped

I'm sure it's unrelated but it seems like after I did this my 7" cluster flashes on and off almost non stop.

At first I thought it was because I was entering or exiting the vehicle. My neighbor just told me that it has been happening all night and I've had to jump the battery twice in the last two weeks.

Any suggestions?

Sticks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm sure it's unrelated but it seems like after I did this my 7" cluster flashes on and off almost non stop.

At first I thought it was because I was entering or exiting the vehicle. My neighbor just told me that it has been happening all night and I've had to jump the battery twice in the last two weeks.

Any suggestions?

I am still reading this entire thread. My knowledge base is on AOBD circa Feb 2019 right now.

Having said that, looking at what you did, it looks like you enabled a diagnostic function, which by definition causes the vehicle to activate and deactivate the feature until you tell it to stop in some cases. Better than having a "helper" open and close the door until you find an issue in the wiring somewhere.

Have you tried reversing the change based on your logs? Maybe going back to through the process again to turn it off?

SR71RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Turns out it's not really related to alphaobd. (I thought it was because I was changing settings of my tail lights recently)

My RA2 - > RA4 conversion brought out the gremlin in the dash.

It's actually quite common:

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/da...nstrument-led-screen-wont-go-out.64319/page-2

So I took the cluster off, took the red wire out of the connector, plugged it back in without the red wire i and realized it gave the EVIC power (EVIC didn't turn on) Cut that red wire, installed a switch.

Problem of it turning on and off temporarily solved.
Problem of the EVIC being bright as hell when your sitting in the truck at night with the headlights off is solved.

I am still reading this entire thread. My knowledge base is on AOBD circa Feb 2019 right now.

Having said that, looking at what you did, it looks like you enabled a diagnostic function, which by definition causes the vehicle to activate and deactivate the feature until you tell it to stop in some cases. Better than having a "helper" open and close the door until you find an issue in the wiring somewhere.

Have you tried reversing the change based on your logs? Maybe going back to through the process again to turn it off?

RobL123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Another newby here...I have searched this thread the best I know how and have not found my issue. I have a 2015 2500 and am trying to program a second fobik (purchased the truck used with only one) with Obdlink MX+ and Alfaobd. I have followed steps outlined in previous posts, but I keep getting a failure that the ignition is not in off/lock. I am using the Program Ignition FOBIKs Baseline System function with a new (unprogramed) OEM fobik. I get the failure even though the new fobik is in the ignition and it is clearly in the off position. Has anyone encountered this issue?

Ghost2013SCC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the Alfa app. I've searched this thread and can't find anything. How do you check for/clear fault codes? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to the Alfa app. I've searched this thread and can't find anything. How do you check for/clear fault codes? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
There is an icon second from the right on the top right hand side It looks like two tools crisscrossed. Tap that then tap
View faults and status log.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the settings I used when I did them on my '14.

Doors:
Power Folding Mirrors Present: Yes
Mirror turn signals present: Yes
Mirror Approach Lights Present: Yes
Tow Mirror Present: Yes

One thought, the mirrors you got, were they used or new? If used, it's possible the turn and puddle lights are burnt out (not seriously likely, but possible).

-K

they were off a ‘16 ram and worked fine. I even installed door modules from donor truck in hopes it’d make it painless.
Nope.
I have enabled all those settings.

Last edited: