AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
There is no way to do this with Alpha or any other programing tool. There is no option in the truck's software to turn on. The only thing that can currently do auto-fold is the Tazer unit and you have to leave it hooked up all of the time for it to work.

-K

Thanks yeah that's what I figured - I almost bought a Tazer earlier in the year, but it doesn't do anything I want that I can't already do with Alfa, so the price is hard to stomach just for auto fold :).

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the beginning of this thread it states that supported years are 2013-2018 so am I correct to assume there is something different about the gen.4 2019 Ram classic Big Horn 4x4?
No, the 19 Classic just wasn't out yet when that was posted. You can use it on the 19 classic plus the 2019 5th gen. I have programmed several 19 Classics with it.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how to record a log? Trying to find “debug data recording” in tools but can’t locate it.

disregard. Found menu.

Last edited:

Sticks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have had no success trying to code a new key fob. When I purchased my truck it only came with one, I then purchased a key fob from Amazon, and the AlfaOBD. I was able to get my truck's maintenance code from the dealer but every time I try to program the new key fob I get "Error Failed". My phone communicates properly with the truck, any one have steps how to do this?

Links to the "How To" is in the first post. Here is the Key Fob instructions.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xQvdHVTgRwKQRKSBh1K2rkCqg5dlpSi0

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out of curiosity I have 2016 Ram that came from Canada and from what I've read i should be good to go with alphaodb and mx+. Just want to double check, there are few mods I've been reading up on and and want to do.

I have a 15 in the US that was a canadian truck. I have done alot with the alpha, no troubles. Only aspect I am retrying is the uconnect apps.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Hey guys, I have a 2020 3500 CTD. I am trying to change tire size using Alpha OBD and OBD-LinkMx.
I have both Android and Windows versions, tried both. I have followed the instructions in this thread and others with no luck.
I get all the way to the part where you are supposed to 'CLEARING ROLLS INFORMATION' and this option either does not appear or I do not know where to look.
Now I have blinking dash lights on like check engine, abs, and electric throttle control. Can anyone offer some help?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey guys, I have a 2020 3500 CTD. I am trying to change tire size using Alpha OBD and OBD-LinkMx.
I have both Android and Windows versions, tried both. I have followed the instructions in this thread and others with no luck.
I get all the way to the part where you are supposed to 'CLEARING ROLLS INFORMATION' and this option either does not appear or I do not know where to look.
Now I have blinking dash lights on like check engine, abs, and electric throttle control. Can anyone offer some help?
Using the windows version, try this:
Connect to your abs module normally. Once connected, switch to advanced mode and select the ABS Bosch...MY2013-2018 powernet control unit, and run the procedure connected that way.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Connect to your abs module normally. Once connected, switch to advanced mode and select the ABS Bosch...MY2013-2018 powernet control unit, and run the procedure connected that way.
I'll give that a shot and report back, thanks!

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Okay I tried advanced mode and ABS Bosh...MY2013-2018. I do not see Run Clearing Rolls Information. I've tried looking on several drop downs/menus and do not see it. I have read many posts about how to do this and everyone's seem to be just slightly different, I must be making a mistake somewhere. I consider myself fluent with computers and control systems but new to auto/alpha software. My Alpha OBD is the latest version.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Okay I tried advanced mode and ABS Bosh...MY2013-2018. I do not see Run Clearing Rolls Information. I've tried looking on several drop downs/menus and do not see it. I have read many posts about how to do this and everyone's seem to be just slightly different, I must be making a mistake somewhere. I consider myself fluent with computers and control systems but new to auto/alpha software. My Alpha OBD is the latest version.

A lot of the how to instructions on post 1 are "older". A few updates ago some options were moved or changed and no one, including myself has updated the instructions. I haven't had to use alfaobd in months so I'm not sure what has really changed. After each update I look through it real quick just to see

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
A lot of the how to instructions on post 1 are "older". A few updates ago some options were moved or changed and no one, including myself has updated the instructions. I haven't had to use alfaobd in months so I'm not sure what has really changed. After each update I look through it real quick just to see

Alright thank you for the suggestions. Now I have a $65k tow pig with a christmas tree dash, love it. :Frustrated:

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Alright thank you for the suggestions. Now I have a $65k tow pig with a christmas tree dash, love it. :Frustrated:

Have you tried just cleaning the codes in the abs, body Control and ecu?

Sticks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you compared your initial BCM download to the current one after your changes to see what has changed? I had the "Service *** System" on three or four modules by simply trying to connect to the seat module. By connecting to each of the complaining modules, the issues went away. No code clearing needed.
EDIT - He's right, not listed in the 2019+ Powernet.

Try connecting to the ABS Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW Powernet MY 2013-18 Powernet and see if it shows up in that menu.

Send your log to AlphaOBD with the note that the last step (clearing rolls info) for the 2019+ tire size change is not in the menu.

We maybe should edit the first post to read - "Before you perform any changes, run through each procedure without being connected to make sure you understand and see every thing that needs to be changed"

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It’s definitely in the list for 2013-2018. Make sure you are connecting as a 2019 in regular mode first, then switch to advanced mode. Make sure, at no time, the connection goes idle. If it does, when it automatically reconnects, it will revert back to the 2019 ABS.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Have you compared your initial BCM download to the current one after your changes to see what has changed? I had the "Service *** System" on three or four modules by simply trying to connect to the seat module. By connecting to each of the complaining modules, the issues went away. No code clearing needed.
EDIT - He's right, not listed in the 2019+ Powernet.

Try connecting to the ABS Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW Powernet MY 2013-18 Powernet and see if it shows up in that menu.

Send your log to AlphaOBD with the note that the last step (clearing rolls info) for the 2019+ tire size change is not in the menu.

We maybe should edit the first post to read - "Before you perform any changes, run through each procedure without being connected to make sure you understand and see every thing that needs to be changed"
I sent logs to Alpha last night, waiting on reply. I did not see it in the 2013-2018 menu either but I am about to start messing with it again this morning.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
It’s definitely in the list for 2013-2018. Make sure you are connecting as a 2019 in regular mode first, then switch to advanced mode. Make sure, at no time, the connection goes idle. If it does, when it automatically reconnects, it will revert back to the 2019 ABS.
Yeah I tried that method to "force" it into different modes but it may have broken connection during the process. I'll pay attention to that.

DownShiftz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Have you tried just cleaning the codes in the abs, body Control and ecu?

They will clear by simply CLEAR FAULTS, but after a key cycle or even a disconnect/connect they will reappear.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I tried that method to "force" it into different modes but it may have broken connection during the process. I'll pay attention to that.
I just ran across a post from brutal over at HDRams where he was able to make it happen, so keep at it and it should work out. Running windows 2.2.2.0- WLrvdZt.jpg

Sticks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
need some help within the next few hours.

Trying to help a friend program a keyless enter and go key fob. Our normal instructions for a tip start are not working other than we have the remote features working. When you try to do the push button start, the evic shows defective key.

how do you program how do you program the proximity feature?

2012 Dodge Durango.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
casey1981