AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
My truck is going in next week for the tailgate opening by itself recall,they will probably do the cruise control update and the airbag one also.When they do the update would this affect any of the many settings I have changed via alfaobd?.My truck is an express but probably on par with a Laramie.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
To be clear, you never added @Mpgrimm2 's harness right? You'll need this to complete the dedicated DRL circuit to your G2s if the other side is already pinned.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Yes I did install the harness from mpgrimm2. The DRLs work for the turn signals but not the dedicated lights.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I did install the harness from mpgrimm2. The DRLs work for the turn signals but not the dedicated lights.
Did you run the wires from MPGRIMM2 to the DRL plugs coming off of the G2s?

Did you check to see if the other side of the plugs were already pinned before afldding the harness?

If yes to both above, make sure you inserted the pinned wires in the right holes on the harness.

You can also apply power directly to those wires to see if they come on.

Acman2u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't go to the service department they can't get it. You have to go to the parts department and I got mine three years ago when I bought my truck and it still works the same, never changed.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you run the wires from MPGRIMM2 to the DRL plugs coming off of the G2s?

Did you check to see if the other side of the plugs were already pinned before afldding the harness?

If yes to both above, make sure you inserted the pinned wires in the right holes on the harness.

You can also apply power directly to those wires to see if they come on.

The DRLs work with the Alpharex-supplied harness tapped into fuse F66, so I know that wiring is good.
I confirmed there were wires feeding pins 8 & 23 before ordering the harness from M2Mods.
The DRL function appears on the UConnect screen and it works with the turn lamp or high beams (tested so far), but not Dedicated.

I did a voltage test on the M2Mods wires from the connector under the fuse box. With the engine running and in gear, I'm not getting any voltage. This was at night in my garage- does it need to be in daylight?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did a voltage test on the M2Mods wires from the connector under the fuse box. With the engine running and in gear, I'm not getting any voltage. This was at night in my garage- does it need to be in daylight?
As long as the truck is running, in gear, no parking brake, and the headlight switch is in the off position, it doesn’t matter if it’s day or night.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The DRLs work with the Alpharex-supplied harness tapped into fuse F66, so I know that wiring is good.
I confirmed there were wires feeding pins 8 & 23 before ordering the harness from M2Mods.
The DRL function appears on the UConnect screen and it works with the turn lamp or high beams (tested so far), but not Dedicated.

No, but it does need to be in drive with the parking brake off. The headlights also need to be off if it's not bright out (not in Auto or on if it's dark).

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

Also, did you set these two too?

CBC I/O right dedicated DRL lamp output present> yes (should be yes already)

CBC I/O left dedicated DRL lamp output present > yes (should be yes already)

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

@SitKneelBend - From the "never assume too much" department, you get the Big Brain award! Both of these I/O options were set to No. After I enabled them, BINGO!- the DRLs are now working for the Dedicated setting. Thanks to EVERYONE who chimed in to help me. This is an amazing forum, and I hope I'm learning enough to give back sometime...

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
@SitKneelBend - From the "never assume too much" department, you get the Big Brain award! Both of these I/O options were set to No. After I enabled them, BINGO!- the DRLs are now working for the Dedicated setting. Thanks to EVERYONE who chimed in to help me. This is an amazing forum, and I hope I'm learning enough to give back sometime...

Good to hear, I'm pretty sure everyone who chimed in here are also the ones who helped me do the same thing so I'm just paying it forward!

Edit: I do have big ol' dinosaur brains though...and so does @Jimmy07 who listed all the settings.

Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I just downloaded a log from the AlfaOBD app and see the following settings:

CBC Features: DRL Configuration: Optional DRL
CBC Features: DRL Lamp Location: None
CBC Features: LED Dedicated DRL Present: No
ECUConfig 3: DRL Customer Setting Option Present: No
CBC Features: LED Low Beam Lamps Present: No
Cust.Set.Menu 1: Daytime running lights CSM Present: No

I'm wondering if this is accurate and maybe/hopefully these settings just didn't 'take' when I set it yesterday? I'm going to try setting some of them again to see what happens.

Although I do see the DRL option in my UConnect screen now (it wasn't ever there before), so not sure if this log is accurate/up-to-date? I just downloaded it from the AlfaOBD app (but not connected to the OBDLink BT device).

ps- I noticed this setting- do I need to worry about changing it?

CBC Features: Quad Headlamps Enable: Yes

SitKneelBend - From the "never assume too much" department, you get the Big Brain award! Both of these I/O options were set to No. After I enabled them, BINGO!- the DRLs are now working for the Dedicated setting. Thanks to EVERYONE who chimed in to help me. This is an amazing forum, and I hope I'm learning enough to give back sometime...

Now, can you post pictures/videos of these Upgraded G2 lights working with the dedicated BCM DRL feed and turn signals working? (I still haven't seen a set of these hooked up this way)

M² Mods.

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Now, can you post pictures/videos of these Upgraded G2 lights working with the dedicated BCM DRL feed and turn signals working? (I still haven't seen a set of these hooked up this way)

M² Mods.

You bet. I'm planning to post a thread with my specific AlphaOBD settings too to help anyone else with the same setup.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BigHornGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Anyone else "procedure failed" doing the driving and idle engine hours? I've also been getting the same issue when correcting the mileage with the 7" option but does go through if I use the 3.5" option.

T_Unit114

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to be blazing a trail of my own with this little app here in the next few weeks on my 08 WK CRD. I have wound up with a random failure to communicate with the ECM on the vehicle and a Christmas tree of a cluster seemingly out of nowhere.

I also plan to pick up a pack of adapter cables to access various other K-line modules that need altered pinouts to what the OBDLink is set up with. I use the interface for multiple brands and vehicles so modding the interface itself is just not a sensible solution for me when the cables can be had relatively cheap enough.

I will also be using this app to experiment with an EGR and DPF delete on that particular jeep as well on e I sort out this little electrical gremlin. After some deeper reading in the AlfaOBD user guide, I feel pretty confident in my understanding of how it should work.

Happy new year folks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

umbighouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
For anyone interested in seeing what the Alpharex G2 Pro headlights look like on a 2014 Ram 1500 (with the custom wires from M2Mods installed), I posted a video in the post from my build thread. Also includes the AlphaOBD codes I used to get this working.

You can check it out here.

Skram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi i got 3rd led brake light installed month ago n now i installed the bed tub light and connect the wiring to the switch which turn on the cargo light. It works but leds are very dim. Is there any setting i change in Aplhaobd so they light up bright. Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357