AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using this one form Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ARS6UWG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is bounds better than my last one here.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYGKEVK/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The adjustments aren't as good as the one I had before but the image quality and viewing angle is much better than the above link.

Mounted in the Ram emblem.

View attachment 148841 View attachment 148842
I have the exact same cam and go figure I mounted it in the exact same spot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just a question, why would you want the grid lines to show up on the cargo camera?

Not working on the cargo camera might be because static and dynamic grid lies are primarily used for reverse cameras.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ya. I don’t understand what worth gridlines would have looking at your bed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
我的注册申请刚到,我来到这里。​
因为我正在通过翻译查看论坛,所以有许多专业单词被错误地翻译而无法理解。所以我想问你一些小问题。​
1.Alfaobd android和obdlink sx完美搭配?在中国的obdlink mx售价约为300美元。。。​
2.如果我将来更换Android设备,我可以迁移吗?​
3.阿尔法可以提升最高限速吗?(在合法的道路上)​
4.什么设置需要修改才能固定?我的国家没有普通经销商,没有保修,所以我买不到针。​
很抱歉有很多问题。我查看了超过三百页的内容。(由Google翻译,如果出现语法错误,请原谅)​
?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have SEALIGHT 9006 LED bulbs ($20 on Amazon- cheaper than the halogens!) in my Fogs without resistors/PWM modules or the like. They mount and connect just like the 9006 halogen bulb. Actually, if you can see my avatar pic (its kinda small), you may notice the driver side fog light is kind of white: the pic was taken with the parking/fog lights active. I set the LED Front Fog Lamps Present to "YES" in AlfaOBD and they're working fine. I also have my DRLs set to the Fog Light position (also activated and configured in AlfaOBD), and I have no issues with them operating as DRLs. I haven't noted any flicker (hard telling for sure, as my gauge of this is the reflection of the lights off the back of a car in front of me, and as DRL, that means in daylight) in either DRL or "normal" modes of operation.

I also have SEALIGHT H11 Low Beam and SEALIGHT 9005/HB3 High Beam bulbs in my Quad Lights without resistors with the "LED Low/High Beam Lamps Present" settings being changed to "YES". They work without any "bulb out" errors. However, I DO have a slight flicker, though no 'cut-outs' of the low beams (haven't used the highs much) and the flicker is VERY minor. These bulbs fit very well in the headlight bucket without modifying or deleting the dust caps (even the high beam side!). I did order some Headlight Experts PWM modules to hopefully eliminate the flicker. How well the PWM modules will fit with the drivers for these bulbs all crammed into the headlight bucket remains to be seen; temps have been too low here for me to do the PWM module install just yet. As far as output, I have to say they're pretty decent so far; I haven't felt as though the Halogens were a better option. But for less than the cost of ONE PAIR of Diode Dynamics or Headlight Revolution bulbs, my entire front end is LED, and I'm pleased.
You have no need for the Pwm modules. Just change setting in Alfa

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Huh. I guess the new guy is right @Jimmy07. Who are we to leave him to clean up the site?

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Looking for some advice. I have a 2019 1500 classic tradesman and want to add the interior auto dim mirror. I have the 8.4 Uconnect and wondering just what I would need to do the replacement. I already changed my side view mirrors which does have the driver side dimmer glass. Would the auto dim rear view be plug and play or would I have to use any harness or do any wiring myself. My truck has the microphones in the headliner so it doesn’t look like I would need the mirror with the microphones. Any help with part numbers would be appreciated. I already have Alfaobd and the security bypass harness, and I have been using the the V-linker MC+. Thanks in advance, this forum has been a great source of info and appreciate being part of it.
2017-18 1500 & classic are the same rearview wiring....
- DIY: 2013-2018 RearView Mirror Upgrade & Harness install

az chip

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
20CC959F-0A45-4B6E-9D77-B50395B68257.jpeg21FE8D45-FDB2-43F4-93E0-24C77F3C5EB1.jpeg
Anyone used the Vgate icar pro? Does it talk to android? Thanks!

Deanopper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I switched out my small Uconnect screen for an 8.4"
now the climate control sliders bounce back to 22 degrees no matter where you slide them to.
and the up/down red and blue climate control buttons do not display on the screen. They still change the air, it just doesn't show it happening.

I understand some people have fixed this with Alpha,

Please explain how to do it.
I have a 2018 Dodge Journey AWD SXT

Thank you

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having some trouble getting my heated / vented seats working. Harness is all installed but when I update in Alpha it’s still not working. Lights come on for a few seconds then back off. I have changed the following with no luck:

Ecu3-vented seats
Ecu3-heated seats

Memory - front vented seats

Any ideas on what to do or tips to make it stick? I wait a couple minutes after each one. Key is on “on” position.
It did that to me initially. I had one of the pins on the wrong socket

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By that logic, they should charge for looking up parts too. Because that is the same amount of effort, probably more effort looking up parts. They get paid to be there for parts orders regardless of how many they sell. I consider this a shady dealer.

Sent from my Z2_PRO using Tapatalk
I agree with you
Understand both your positions and by that logic, we should get if from RAM as they created and possess it. The dealer is the gateway to provide it so therefore they are providing the service to retrieve it.
Most, if not all nowadays, are commissioned staff, sell nothing, make nothing. Someone's time, effort and energy are worth something to most.
i disagree. By providing us with a simple service as looking something up on a pc will guarantee the business to be called upon when needed by forming a trust between customer and service provider

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there a way to do the ABS bleed using Alfaobd ?

HDFLTRider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have a new TIPM from TIPM Rebuilders and they have been of little help. They want to rent me a device that they will control remotely to clear a strange falut code. They want me to do a "Reset Vehicle Configuration" which is a term from WiTech. I bought AlfaOBD and have been using it on Android, and I have emailed Alfas support many times and have not gotten a response. The question is, is it possible to do a Reset Vehicle Configuration within AlfaOBD and if so, what is it called on their software? I simply can not find it anywhere using that terminology and I am wondering if Alfa calls the function something else.

Chetperk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hi guys, my tilt in reverse mirrors stopped working after I replaced the mirror caps on my 1500. I used Alfaobd and ran a test on the door modules and the passenger side keeps coming up with error code B1F06. I clear the code and it comes right back. How can I get rid of this code without coming back? I don’t know if this is what’s preventing the mirror from tilting or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Heathen-19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Greetings All,

First time poster long time lurker.

I am having a major issue with updating the mileage on my new to me gauge cluster.

I am a long time Ram owner. I recently bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic (DS). With 23,000 miles on her. Love the truck. It has/had the 3” gauge cluster. I did the premium cluster upgrade. I bought a cluster off eBay. The seller didn’t say what it came out of but gave a part # of P68402202AA and said it was for 17, 18 and 19 1500’s and has 30 miles on it.

I bought a $50 onn Walmart android tablet, AlfaOBD for android and OBDLink MX+. I was successful at changing the following with this setup… tire size for speedo correction, idle hours, drive hours, global windows down, VTA and fog light high beam dropout.

After doing a lot of forum searching and reading I contacted the developer and he replied that this setup might be to slow of a connection to get it to work. He told me to get the windows version and try that way. I got AlfaOBD for windows and used my windows 10 desktop computer connecting through Bluetooth and still no change after running and completing the setup.

I remember seeing another poster having this issue and he finally got it to change after using a faster laptop after trying with a phone first and then a tablet.

Thinking that it needs a faster connection I bought OBDLink EX with usb connection and set it up on my win10 computer making sure the com port was running at 115200.

Still no change after trying multiple times and making sure to sleep the truck for 5 minutes or more.

Does anybody have any other ideals or suggestions to get it to change.??

Thanks

Edit: I do have the by-pass cable from KAOdTECH installed.

Last edited:

Bradb76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok guys what am I doing wrong, I got a used ecm and wanted to update the vin but while trying to write to ecu it tells me failed function not available in active diagnostic session

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220702-102618_AlfaOBD.jpg
    Screenshot_20220702-102618_AlfaOBD.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 7

This ole Gator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8 MDS VVT
Thank you all for all the information! I just purchased a "new to Me" 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn from CarMax. As it was a fleet vehicle, I only received one FOB. Not wanting to get stuck in BF Egypt running from a storm with a broken FOB, I got two more online. The dealers around here are good, but slooooooow, and guess what it's storm season again. I have the latest android AlphaOBD and the Blutooth OBDLink MX+ for my 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee. In thanking you all, I have a few observations to pass along with programing the vehicles. First and foremost, as an ex-computer technician I 1000% agree with the sticky. The First thing you do when connected to your Vehicle is BACK THAT THING UP!!!!!. Alpha is so powerful that it's dangerous and without a clear instruction manual on how and what to do, you can easily go places of no return! The second is something that I got from the Jeep Forum but often gets overlooked. When programing the body computer or really doing anything with Alpha, always have the vehicle battery hooked up to a power supply so as to maintain a steady voltage of at least 14 volts. Not just any old charger mind you, but one that has a dedicated monitored power supply function. I use a Solar Pro-Logix charger, just for this reason, it has a dedicated power supply function that is critical for programing the body computer and maintaining a steady state of power. The reason is that even minor voltage fluctuations from a discharging battery can act as code scramblers and fuddle fingers in the rewrite process. leaving the TIPM and Body computer half coded and locked up as confused. With what we are doing to the vehicles it's really a no-brainer to purchase one and use it. You will find that many of Alphs's hiccups go away. Lastly, as I was doing a simple FOB reprogram I used Alpha to get the security PIN for the Radio beforehand, 2017 so it popped right Up :cool:. Always have any necessary codes or steps down pat before actually attempting to make alterations. The shutdown and reboot cycle of the vehicles with the android version is something Alpha needs to look into as it's really poorly defined and simply waiting 5 minutes for a computer rewrite seems a bit iffy with some of the body programming.

Attachments

• PL2310_angle_1000x1000.jpg
    PL2310_angle_1000x1000.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 6
  • PL2310_back_1000x1000.jpg
    PL2310_back_1000x1000.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 6

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members