AlfaOBD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpaceRanger1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Rebel
Engine
Has anyone fixed the leaning to the left on air ride??? I have a 2017 Ram Rebel 3/4" left front over an 1" left rear.
I just recently got the OBDLink M+, and the OBD software...

bzork2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you all see options for oem sound systems? I am swapping 2019 oem 6 spkr amp to alpine, do modules like that get registered or options picked using alphaobd? Or is it even more convoluted?

raptor86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know what to do to activate the compass in a 2011 RAM 1500? I saw a lot of post regarding later models. I activated everything compass related in the Body Module but could only see two dashes. I can't find the EOM Module so I suppose this is not available in these years. Is there anything else that needs to be updated?

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Does anyone know what to do to activate the compass in a 2011 RAM 1500? I saw a lot of post regarding later models. I activated everything compass related in the Body Module but could only see two dashes. I can't find the EOM Module so I suppose this is not available in these years. Is there anything else that needs to be updated?
In my 2011 Challenger the compass module is in the Homelink console. Maybe the same with your RAM, so if you dont have it you might need to add it. I did activate the compass with AlfaOBD, successfully.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It has been a while. Check Vehicle Config 2: Compass Temp. Display Present: (Set) (Not Set)
Other compass settings (should be preset) VC2: Compass mounting angle: 765.00 deg; VC2: Compass mounting orientation: Right side up.

raptor86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It has been a while. Check Vehicle Config 2: Compass Temp. Display Present: (Set) (Not Set)
Other compass settings (should be preset) VC2: Compass mounting angle: 765.00 deg; VC2: Compass mounting orientation: Right side up.
Great will try, thank you! :) I hope I can get rid of the dashes...

spacex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,
Looking for some LED tail light help.
Factory halogen truck
Swapped my bulbs for LEDs from super bright.

I have enabled the following:
CBC: LED reverse lamps present
CBC: LED stop lamps present
CBC: LED rear turn lamps present
CBC: LED tail lamps present
the lights are flashing properly (no hyper flash) however, every time I hit the brakes I’m getting “park lamp out”. When I come off the brakes, it goes away. From the exterior, everything is working as it should.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Reverse light bulb: https://www.superbrightleds.com/194-can-bus-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-base

Brake/Turn signal bulb:

_Steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6
2022 RAM 2500 6.7L TurboDiesel: Anyone figured out how to turn off the halo lights surrounding the head lights? They seem to be ON dimly or brightly any time the ignition is on and regardless of the headlight switch position. I would like to be able to run the truck completely dark. Seems like I saw a "how to" (that now I cannot find) that turns off the halos and all of the interior (I think) lights. I know the curious might ask why? ... I am an astronomer (sort of) and total darkness is important. But the night can be quite cold. Running the truck for a little warmth is handy. Having no lights pop on would be preferable.
Cheers and thanks.
Steve
PS, I have OBDLink and AlfaOBD and a KAOTech bypass cable... all appear to be functioning.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
2022 RAM 2500 6.7L TurboDiesel: Anyone figured out how to turn off the halo lights surrounding the head lights? They seem to be ON dimly or brightly any time the ignition is on and regardless of the headlight switch position. I would like to be able to run the truck completely dark. Seems like I saw a "how to" (that now I cannot find) that turns off the halos and all of the interior (I think) lights. I know the curious might ask why? ... I am an astronomer (sort of) and total darkness is important. But the night can be quite cold. Running the truck for a little warmth is handy. Having no lights pop on would be preferable.
Cheers and thanks.
Steve
PS, I have OBDLink and AlfaOBD and a KAOTech bypass cable... all appear to be functioning.
CBC Config I/O Usage: Front Park/Signature Lamp Left - Pin A7- NO

2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Front Park/Signature Lamp Right - Pin A5- NO

CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature Light Present- NO

_Steve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6
@Jimmy07 BadaBoom! Problem solved. THANK YOU!!!

I set only this one: "CBC Extern.Light Calibr.: Signature Light Present" - NO

With the headlight switch set to OFF, the halo (Signature) lights are now OFF. The interior light are still on but that is ok, they don't produce much at night.

Interesting ... with the headlight switch set to Park, the halo's still come on, dimly.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Interesting ... with the headlight switch set to Park, the halo's still come on, dimly.
That’s because those same signature lights are also the parking/running lights. So they will be on if the headlight switch is in the parking light position.

spacex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all,
Factory halogen truck

the lights are flashing properly (no hyper flash) however, every time I hit the brakes I’m getting “park lamp out”. When I come off the brakes, it goes away. From the exterior, everything is working as it should.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Reverse light bulb: https://www.superbrightleds.com/194-can-bus-led-bulb-5-smd-led-tower-miniature-wedge-base

Brake/Turn signal bulb:
Update - it’s only happening when the lights are on. When my lights are off (and I hit the brakes) this doesn’t occur. Very frustrating…

Last edited:

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I think this is the appropriate place to post this?

This lawsuit will likely have a major impact on OEM PCM-controlled equipment, automakers included. For decades farmers have sued tractor and other farm equipment OEM's for not allowing them to make in-field repair to their purchased equipment. They had to wait for an authorized Distributor to show up, for a large fee, to diagnose and repair via corporation service link to the PCM.

Since the farmer (or bank) owns the equipment, farmers claim they should have access to the service software tools, on-board diagnostics, etc. Those of us older folk recall buying the factory service manual, whether we were competent to repair or not. OEM's charge outrageous sums for shops to purchase their electronic service software - I've heard figures of around $5,000 each for software that was paid for long ago. Basically, it's a profit gouge. You can do that when you're a monopoly.

At Cummins, it was the same thing. The claim was the corporation didn't want unqualified owners to screw up their engines. How is that different than buying a paper service manual? Sure, new stuff is more complicated, yet the monopoly aspect still applies here. Apparently the courts are going to rule in favor of the farmers.

Tatetoter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone used Alfa to turn on the factory dual alternator option? I have added all factory parts to my 2013 3500. I turned on dual alternator in the bcm, no change.

I know the dealer can turn it on in the pcm however they want to update my entire truck and I can't have them doing that. I tried connecting to the engine in Alfa and it just tells me to cycle the key and check wire. It connects to all other modules fine. I've updated Alfa and my mx+.

I have connected to the datalink with onsite and there's nothing in insite about it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BigFrog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,
Factory halogen truck

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Brake/Turn signal bulb:
Same issue here and I tried everything. The company that sold me the "error free" lights just sent me 4 can buses, 2 for high and 2 for low. I'll let you know if it works. If you come up with something, let me know. I have no idea why ram had made it a shaite show just to change bulbs in our trucks.

spacex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I ordered the CAN bus lights and they worked.

That said, the light output isn’t as good as the others. Still better than halogen though.

GRKN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Considering getting Alfaobd but I’m wondering how it would work between 2 different trucks. I have an 09 and my dad has a 2016, I would like to be able to use it on both trucks, for example programming additional fobs for each. Is that easily possible?