Alphaobd tire size now I can't clear the errors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkiker85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I put bigger wheels and tires on my 22 ram 2500 6.7 about a month and a half ago. A few days ago I got everything I needed to use alphaobd to program the tire size. Screw up 1, the video I watched on doing this didn't show the option to create a backup so I didn't. Screw up 2 today I drove the truck with the dash lights on, needed to run the autozone for oil for my beater car. a service throttle control message popped up at that point I turned around and went home. I can't remember if I had the battery on or in what position when I changed the tire size, I do know I didn't have the truck started. Of course all the ABS lights came on, check engine etc. I couldn't clear it, and cant restore it. Here is what I did to try and clear the codes (after my attempt to go to autozone today) pretty much what I did the other day maybe I missed something

under ABS I connected to ABS Bosch/Continental/Teves/TRW powernet My2019+ powernet

Check engine option I went to read all faults, then cleared the faults. I had the battery in position 1, I pressed it again (where it does the preheat if it's needed), then back to off

Put the battery back in position 1

Then went to body computer My 2022powernet

Check engine option, read all faults, then clear all faults (did the battery positions from above again.

I then went to engine nothing for a 2022 was listed so I tried Diesel cummins 2018+ and it would not connect. So I could not clear that.

Any ideas on what else to try or something I missed. Yes I am an idiot for attempting to go to autozone with it earlier.

I have a banks pedal monster as well, not sure if that would matter.

Last edited:

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would suggest reading through the 4th gen OBD thread, tales of woe there with maybe an idea or two. Also, there is a OBD sticky here, did you go there for help? If you get back to original definitely make that backup. Good luck.