Alpharex Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought the same taillights. I have to say, I like them in person much better than I did in the pics.View attachment 226911 View attachment 226912
How do you think they stand out at night? As bright as oem braking and red runners?

What about the reverse light? I'm starting to get hesitant about my purchase. They look amazing but are the safe and practical

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having second thoughts of these as well. How bright are those 9 little LEDs? Do they stand out at night? Are they easily seen during the day? The pictures help but they don't tell the full story in this case. Those of you who have them, what do you think of them now?

Sent from my LG-V60 using Tapatalk.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having second thoughts of these as well. How bright are those 9 little LEDs? Do they stand out at night? Are they easily seen during the day? The pictures help but they don't tell the full story in this case. Those of you who have them, what do you think of them now?

i canceled my order until I see more reviews

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
If the little dots are the brake lights I don't see how they stand out from the tubes.
Seems like you're counting on whoever's behind you to know the difference.
I'll stick with my C-tube Spyders.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If the little dots are the brake lights I don't see how they stand out from the tubes.
Seems like you're counting on whoever's behind you to know the difference.

exactly why i canceled

OP
OP
Snowblind

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm still happy with mine, although I have never followed my truck to see but you can always do what did anyways and add the tail light bar.

I went with the Opt7 60-inch with the amber sequential turn signals as if you notice the new Rams are using amber again as it's actual safer to have amber by studies done by the NHTSA and in some countries the Rams always had amber it's the law.

I attached the tail light bar with magnets and no issues to remove should I need my spare tire down.

But back to the tail lights I still think they look great and everyone who has seen them in person has agreed, plus no errors!

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I ordered the C-tube Spyder ones from VIP today. It was a toss up. They are a Christmas present from my wife. I had to order them because she has no clue what to order. But she paid for them. She may not give them to me until Christmas.

Last edited:

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You'll like them.
Two things I did with mine: swap their side pins with my OE ones, and electrical tape all the connectors after verifying everything works.
Haven't had any issues.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just installed the c-tube smoked tails made by spyderauto but sold by another brand off amazon, they look great! Super bright

OP
OP
Snowblind

Snowblind

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! I have to do the same thing, in fact she prefers I just do the ordering.

I had those last and had no issues, they have you use you orginal reverse light bulb so if you would like to change it to LED you can use this bulb (note I did have to change alfaOBD to LED backup light)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0728DYR9H

I ordered the C-tube Spyder ones from VIP today. It was a toss up. They are a Christmas present from my wife. I had to order them because she has no clue what to order. But she paid for them. She may not give them to me until Christmas.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The question is.... if one of the LEDS fail is it repairable?

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The question is.... if one of the LEDS fail is it repairable?
From what I understand, no it's not. That's the downside. The LED's themselves last a long time but the circuitry that runs them doesn't. That's why I'm keeping my stock taillights. I'm not selling them.

Mbrigh3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I understand, no it's not. That's the downside. The LED's themselves last a long time but the circuitry that runs them doesn't. That's why I'm keeping my stock taillights. I'm not selling them.

I ordered the same smoked amazon tails as you. Honestly I like the look of them more, I was just worried about the warranty compared to Alpharex. I just dont love the look of the current alpharex. I picked them prior just for the warranty.

DRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wonder how/if they would work on my 19 tradesman? Factory tails have tail, brake, and a separate turn signal, but I thought the 18-19 tails are same shape/size

Loudram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wonder how/if they would work on my 19 tradesman? Factory tails have tail, brake, and a separate turn signal, but I thought the 18-19 tails are same shape/size
I don't know what you mean by separate turn signal? If you're truck is a 4th gen with regular incandescent taillights, it should. If it has factory LED taillights then it won't. But you have a tradesman so they should be incandescent. Any questions, just post a pic and let us see them.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I dig them, they would be even cooler if the running lights were just straight horizontal lines and I'd probably swap my spiderz for them if they were.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

DRam2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know what you mean by separate turn signal? If you're truck is a 4th gen with regular incandescent taillights, it should. If it has factory LED taillights then it won't. But you have a tradesman so they should be incandescent. Any questions, just post a pic and let us see them.

My tradesman has marker(parking light) brake light, and amber turn signal on the tails.

jshillin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here are some pics of the new Alpharex tail lights.

You do reuse your reverse tail light bulb like the c-shaped spyder tail light.

I didn't have any errors pop up, I did previously when I changed my reverse lights to LED but was an easy fix with alfaobd.

I like them and did read where some people were disappointed they didn't go for more of a 5th gen style but these certainly are original and I haven't seen anything like them.

I didn't have anyone around to hold the brake peddle down and maybe could have gotten a pic of the lights on and the turn signal at the same time but think we can all get the idea.

Hate to bump an old thread, but are the ones you installed considered the Red Smoked?