Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregnor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey all!

My water pump went and took out the bearing on my alternator at the sasme time... So figured insted of just buying a new alternator I'd try replacing the bearings and maybe the brushes while im in there. Problem is I cant find an answer on what sizes to order. Lots of info for 3rd gen but nothing for 4th.

I have a 5.7l hemi in a 2012 1500 sport in case anyone wants to give a guy a hand.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hey all!

My water pump went and took out the bearing on my alternator at the sasme time... So figured insted of just buying a new alternator I'd try replacing the bearings and maybe the brushes while im in there. Problem is I cant find an answer on what sizes to order. Lots of info for 3rd gen but nothing for 4th.

I have a 5.7l hemi in a 2012 1500 sport in case anyone wants to give a guy a hand.

Your probably going to need to mic it to get the correct size.

OP
OP
G

Gregnor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's what I'll do if I have to. I just know that somewhere, out there, is someone with the plans and info I need.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
That's what I'll do if I have to. I just know that somewhere, out there, is someone with the plans and info I need.

If the bearings spun then you would need to sleeve it and that wouldn’t be cost effective unless you have access to a machine shop, you’ll be better of just replacing the whole assembly if they spun but if not than it is cheaper to rebuild.

OP
OP
G

Gregnor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is a video of a guy doing it on youtube LINK but maybe I'm wrong... either way seems like a fun project to at least try.

Kody070

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old Post, but I have 14 5.7 hemi. wondering if anyone has replaced the bearing? I see how to but where to buy the bearing?? Can't seem to find it anywhere. THanks

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963