Android Auto Not Connecting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soversen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
New to this forum.... I have a 2019 Ram Laramie which I bought used in 2020. For the first 2 years I had this truck, Android Auto worked flawlessly. In the last six months it has been spotty at best. I have tried with 5 different phones. 2 Galaxy Note 10's, a Galaxy S21 Ultra, and 2 Galaxy S22 Ultra's. I've tried numerous cords, Uninstalling / Reinstalling Android auto, Both USB A ports, Both USB C ports. I have checked and I am up to date on Uconnect updates.

Also, unrelated to the Android Auto Issues, I cant keep my radio presets for more than a couple of weeks. This has been an issue ever since i bought the truck.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

I love the Uconnect system when it works properly, but it is getting kind of annoying with the glitchy behavior.

Any help would be appreciated...

Sean

JLMORELAND100

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Following the post. Same exact year model and issues to a T.

lucifer_304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Following this. Same year same issues, and I have only had the truck for a week with only 15k miles.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Following this. Same year same issues, and I have only had the truck for a week with only 15k miles.

Any of the problems I've ever had with Android Auto working properly always come back to App permissions & location settings on my phone.

Did yours work properly at the beginning and suddenly, no more?
What service were you using with Andriod Auto?
Have you tried different cables?

I'm a privacy junkie and have everything locked down until I want to use Google Map service in my truck, then I enable location and allow AA access to wireless connectivity. I'll confirm a few items when I go out later today.

My version of Uconnect only allows Andriod Auto with a cable connection yet the app requires wireless access to Google servers or it won't work.

lucifer_304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any of the problems I've ever had with Android Auto working properly always come back to App permissions & location settings on my phone.

Did yours work properly at the beginning and suddenly, no more?
What service were you using with Andriod Auto?
Have you tried different cables?

I'm a privacy junkie and have everything locked down until I want to use Google Map service in my truck, then I enable location and allow AA access to wireless connectivity. I'll confirm a few items when I go out later today.

My version of Uconnect only allows Andriod Auto with a cable connection yet the app requires wireless access to Google servers or it won't work.
As far as permissions I gave it all access. I have tried using multiple cables, tried it in my wife's vw and it works fine. Go to my ram and nothing. It's like android auto deleted its self from the u connect. And it worked the first time I connected and hasn't since

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Delete your phone from the radio, and also delete the radio from the phone. Then make sure your phone is all updated for various apps because some system updates will impact connectivity. Also, delete the Android Auto app and reinstall. Finally, turn off phone (not restart) and turn back on. Now repair your phone with truck. Make sure you have all permissions enabled in Android Auto. If this does not solve it (I had similar issue and this fixed it) you may have to check privacy settings on phone. If you can't figure it out you may need to factory reset your phone (save your data). If still a problem, list the type of phone you have, software version of phone and Android Auto, and software version of radio, maybe someone else will have a better idea. Good luck.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Also, some apps can have impacts to different settings. You can also try to run your phone without other apps installed. If the connection works (have to go through all the resets above) steady for a while, it is another app causing the issue.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Finally, when you are paired. Long press on your Bluetooth widget to open, so that the list of devices paired show. Click on the UConnect device settings wheel, and make sure you have everything turned on there as well.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As far as permissions I gave it all access. I have tried using multiple cables, tried it in my wife's vw and it works fine. Go to my ram and nothing. It's like android auto deleted its self from the u connect. And it worked the first time I connected and hasn't since

So just for clarity, we're talking about your using the Android Auto App that works in the VW but not the Ram, not just simple phone pairing?

I used an Android phone with my Ram for almost a year before trying to use Android Auto. I'm not a big fan of Android Auto or Google Maps and I find it irritating that when connected to Android Auto, I have no access to my 3rd party sms app, thanks Google. :-/

There were some good ideas posted to try out once you've covered the basics but I'd hold off on rad capping the tailpipe until you check a few items. :cool:

Have you checked for updates for Android Auto and the Uconnect Apps on your phone?

Jeff Dougherty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Contact RAM! I have had them working on this issue for months now. I get generic messages that engineering is working on it. Last they told me there wa a significant software update coming the end of summer and to wait and see if that resolved the issue. I have a Fold 3, Samsung S21 and both of those phones have not been working since I bought this Ram 15 months ago. It works better plugged in, but it still drops off the screen tellling me to plug a phone in. I found a post where someone had a Fold 3, Fold 4 and Samsung S21 and had the same issues.

Forward4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dont know if anyone is still following this thread or having this issue, but I was.having the exact same problem and I think I figured it out. In the Ram Phone/Bluetooth menu there is another menu called the Smartphone Projection Manager. In that menu there is an option to turn "Smartphone Device Mirroring" off and on. I'm assuming mine had always been selected to be "ON" but somehow got turned off. I selected this option to be back on and sure enough Android Auto turned on immediately (because I was plugged into the truck). Hope this helps you and someone in the future.1711245506767386400799326682316.jpg17112455329974504955553270435249.jpg

skates15

Reaction score
That's for mirroring or casting. I don't believe you should need to enable it if.using USB cable or BT to enable AA.