Another AlphaRex Headlight Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Hey guys!
So I read through pretty much all of the forums regarding the AlphaRex headlights.. I’ll try to make it short.

initially bought the AlphaRex G1 Projectors for my 17 Ram 1500 w/o stock projectors. They worked great, until my wiring harness started to become loose at the the fuse and the fuse would start to fall out :). So anytime my truck hit a bump in the road, my DRL’s would flicker on and off, and sometimes stay off. Also my right side lo beam cut off would constantly lower, no matter how many times I’d try to go and adjust them back up. Never had problems with the turn signals with the G1’s.

Replaced them with the G2’s and now my front turn signals don’t work. So my question is: Is the only way to fix this with AlphaObd? Of course this is how my truck projects go. They leave me mad and usually end up breaking something else

also, I’m new to the Ram world, so please forgive me for stupid questions. Switched over from GMC about 6 weeks ago so I’m still trying to learn all about Ram’s and it’s programming/computer. Had some AlphaRex headlights in my gmc and had zero problems, I loved them.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys!
So I read through pretty much all of the forums regarding the AlphaRex headlights.. I’ll try to make it short.

initially bought the AlphaRex G1 Projectors for my 17 Ram 1500 w/o stock projectors. They worked great, until my wiring harness started to become loose at the the fuse and the fuse would start to fall out :). So anytime my truck hit a bump in the road, my DRL’s would flicker on and off, and sometimes stay off. Also my right side lo beam cut off would constantly lower, no matter how many times I’d try to go and adjust them back up. Never had problems with the turn signals with the G1’s.

Replaced them with the G2’s and now my front turn signals don’t work. So my question is: Is the only way to fix this with AlphaObd? Of course this is how my truck projects go. They leave me mad and usually end up breaking something else

also, I’m new to the Ram world, so please forgive me for stupid questions. Switched over from GMC about 6 weeks ago so I’m still trying to learn all about Ram’s and it’s programming/computer. Had some AlphaRex headlights in my gmc and had zero problems, I loved them.
Welcome to the world of Ram!
Sorry I don’t have the alpharex headlights, I have custom stock projectors.
I did want to say I feel your pain as my addiction to mods has caused many headaches over the years. Still worth it in the end :)

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Do the parking/running lights work? If you turn the headlight switch to the parking lights do they light up?
98b1b0f8d8a85284a03a911b75b464a2.jpg

First step would be verify that each sides connector is properly seated. If yes, disconnect and verify that all the pins are straight. If they still don't work try running 12v directly to the turn signal pin on the headlight connector. So match the pin location from the headlight connector to the truck's connector

bb8641a9ee5c8c9bd7a2c65b31e1e9f1.png
9bf89815b9d93c4af90315e8434d37b9.png

Alfaobd is hit or miss with the g2's and the parking or turn signal out errors. If you plan on upgrading your bulbs I'd say go ahead and get alfaobd. You may end up adding resistors to the turn or parking light feed to fix the error. It looks like alpharex is working on a solution for the errors

2018 2500 6.4L Hemi Tradesman
1990 5.9L 12v Cummins W250

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Welcome to the world of Ram!
Sorry I don’t have the alpharex headlights, I have custom stock projectors.
I did want to say I feel your pain as my addiction to mods has caused many headaches over the years. Still worth it in the end :)

Thank you, Yes I feel like every truck owner knows this pain very well! It is totally worth it though.

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Do the parking/running lights work? If you turn the headlight switch to the parking lights do they light up?
98b1b0f8d8a85284a03a911b75b464a2.jpg

First step would be verify that each sides connector is properly seated. If yes, disconnect and verify that all the pins are straight. If they still don't work try running 12v directly to the turn signal pin on the headlight connector. So match the pin location from the headlight connector to the truck's connector

bb8641a9ee5c8c9bd7a2c65b31e1e9f1.png
9bf89815b9d93c4af90315e8434d37b9.png

Alfaobd is hit or miss with the g2's and the parking or turn signal out errors. If you plan on upgrading your bulbs I'd say go ahead and get alfaobd. You may end up adding resistors to the turn or parking light feed to fix the error. It looks like alpharex is working on a solution for the errors

Thanks for your reply and info! I checked this AM, I don’t have anything that says parking lights out when switched to parking lights or all the way on. My DRL’s do work, and now my left turn signal works, but not the right lol! So I think I may just try to find resistors first and then go alphaobd route if it doesn’t work!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Thanks for your reply and info! I checked this AM, I don’t have anything that says parking lights out when switched to parking lights or all the way on. My DRL’s do work, and now my left turn signal works, but not the right lol! So I think I may just try to find resistors first and then go alphaobd route if it doesn’t work!

When you try and use your signals are you getting hyper flash on the dash and/or at the lights?

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
When you try and use your signals are you getting hyper flash on the dash and/or at the lights?

Last night after I installed, the dash was hyper flashing and the turn signals themselves said “out” and were not functioning. My LED headlights work, the DRL’s, and the parking light works.

This morning after reading your reply, the dash isn’t hyper flashing anymore, but the the left turn signal works. The right doesn’t work and displays as out.

I hope that makes sense. Currently the only one not working is right side. All connections are solid and not loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Last night after I installed, the dash was hyper flashing and the turn signals themselves said “out” and were not functioning. My LED headlights work, the DRL’s, and the parking light works.

This morning after reading your reply, the dash isn’t hyper flashing anymore, but the the left turn signal works. The right doesn’t work and displays as out.

I hope that makes sense. Currently the only one not working is right side. All connections are solid and not loose.

I'd check the connectors on the right side. Just verify that none of the pins are bent or got pushed out. It's pretty easy for one to get bent. Done it before. The dash will show they are out even if they work because the truck isn't seeing the correct voltage/resistance that's where resistors come in to trick the computer.

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
I'd check the connectors on the right side. Just verify that none of the pins are bent or got pushed out. It's pretty easy for one to get bent. Done it before. The dash will show they are out even if they work because the truck isn't seeing the correct voltage/resistance that's where resistors come in to trick the computer.

Thank you sir, I’ll double check my work and see if that’s the problem. I just purchased some plug and play resistors from a vendor on here too.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s

Don't hold your breaths on a solution by alpharex ... it's been over 2 years and they still can not figure this out ... for the price of these headlights there should be no issues or errors, if the cheepos and uglies you get for less than $300 can work error free there should be no reason why alpharex headlights can not .. yes I know it is hit or miss .. my buddy @the_goodguy07 has no issues on his 2017 but I do on my 2018 lol ... go figure !

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Don't hold your breaths on a solution by alpharex ... it's been over 2 years and they still can not figure this out ... for the price of these headlights there should be no issues or errors, if the cheepos and uglies you get for less than $300 can work error free there should be no reason why alpharex headlights can not .. yes I know it is hit or miss .. my buddy @the_goodguy07 has no issues on his 2017 but I do on my 2018 lol ... go figure !

right? It’s so funny how that works ‍♂️ The G1’s worked (almost) perfectly, G2’s not so much. Gotta love technology lol

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
right? It’s so funny how that works ‍♂️ The G1’s worked (almost) perfectly, G2’s not so much. Gotta love technology lol

Thats why I went with the G1s 0 Problems!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
The issue is with the switchbacks.. if they can make them not lose complete power there will be no problems...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

x1sspic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you sir, I’ll double check my work and see if that’s the problem. I just purchased some plug and play resistors from a vendor on here too.

May I ask what resistors/vendor? I have a set of the NOVA projectors and am having the parking light out and turn signal issues (hyperflashes the left mirror turn signal, but the turn signal in the light itself doesn't work).

Thanks!

Scott

OP
OP
cmorales30

cmorales30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
May I ask what resistors/vendor? I have a set of the NOVA projectors and am having the parking light out and turn signal issues (hyperflashes the left mirror turn signal, but the turn signal in the light itself doesn't work).

Thanks!

Scott

Here you go! Hopefully it fixes the problem! Btw I ordered on 12/8 and still haven’t received yet.. although it is Holiday season so I’m not too mad.

https://undergroundlighting.com/products/3157-plug-and-play-resistor-stops-hyper-flashing-errors

x1sspic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members