Another LED thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RockBottom,

I pondered for over a year what to do about the crappy halogen headlights. I found a video that broke it all down and chose to buy from Headlight Revolution and replace everything with their LED's. I wanted to keep my original housings because I like the way they look. My low beam and fogs are the Supernova V.4 and the high beams are GTR's. I did not have to drill any dust caps and everything fit behind them. I have been running them for about 6 months now and will never go back to halogens. I highly recommend Headlight Revolution and the lights they sell.

I do not have that exact setup by I'm also running all LED's (mostly wanted to get away from HID's and their ballasts, but nice to not have to mess with the dust covers either). I ran Hikari ultra's in my lows (projector) and highs, and went with enthuze dual color (3000k/6000k) mode fog lights. It's only has been a week, but no error codes or flicker etc...I'm hoping the led's will give me better long term reliability than what I have had with hid's. As for their performance, they may not be quite to where my hid's were, but they are pretty close and a huge improvement over the awful halogens.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I do not have that exact setup by I'm also running all LED's (mostly wanted to get away from HID's and their ballasts, but nice to not have to mess with the dust covers either). I ran Hikari ultra's in my lows (projector) and highs, and went with enthuze dual color (3000k/6000k) mode fog lights. It's only has been a week, but no error codes or flicker etc...I'm hoping the led's will give me better long term reliability than what I have had with hid's. As for their performance, they may not be quite to where my hid's were, but they are pretty close and a huge improvement over the awful halogens.

How are those enthuze fog lights doing?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How are those enthuze fog lights doing?

So far so good, install was a little tight as the fans on these are pretty large. Haven't had any snow or fog yet to test them out that way, but the 6000k is just as bright and effective as the fog lights I took out (also 6000k, will keep as backup just in case). The 3000k looks like it will be pretty effective when the time comes, if nothing else it's a cool look and nice to be able to go back and forth.

Only little issue so far is that when you turn the high beams on (and the fogs turn off) when you turn the high beams back off, the fogs will be on the opposite color that they were prior to activating the high beams. Makes sense why it happens, as I'm sure it's just seeing it as the fog lights being turned off and then back on which is how the feature normally works to switch between colors. I'm thinking if you had the alfa tool and could make the fogs stay on with the highs, that would probably take care of the problem. I had seen that issue somewhere on this forum prior to buying, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So far so good, install was a little tight as the fans on these are pretty large. Haven't had any snow or fog yet to test them out that way, but the 6000k is just as bright and effective as the fog lights I took out (also 6000k, will keep as backup just in case). The 3000k looks like it will be pretty effective when the time comes, if nothing else it's a cool look and nice to be able to go back and forth.

Only little issue so far is that when you turn the high beams on (and the fogs turn off) when you turn the high beams back off, the fogs will be on the opposite color that they were prior to activating the high beams. Makes sense why it happens, as I'm sure it's just seeing it as the fog lights being turned off and then back on which is how the feature normally works to switch between colors. I'm thinking if you had the alfa tool and could make the fogs stay on with the highs, that would probably take care of the problem. I had seen that issue somewhere on this forum prior to buying, so it wasn't a big deal to me.

Still liking these? And you got 9006 bulbs? Site says they dont fit my 2016 but i believe thats what i have.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still liking these? And you got 9006 bulbs? Site says they dont fit my 2016 but i believe thats what i have.

Yep 9006 for the fogs, and you're right about their vehicle checker. I just tried many different years and the only year it said they would fit was a 2017. However, I'm pretty confident 9006 was the bulb used from at least 13-18, as before I purchased these I had swapped my previous 9006 bulbs from my 13 to my 17 with no issue. Most likely just some technical issue with their vehicle checker.

Otherwise still no fog or snow to test out the function yet, I'm sure it won't be too long until I can provide an update in regards to that though. Brightness is certainly great though, just like my previous 6000k fogs, they are a massively better than stock. And overall between the lows/fogs I think I've grown a little more impressed overall in terms of performance, so really hoping durability lasts over the next few years as well for the lows and fogs I've put in.

One thing I can say for sure, it's great to have good lighting again. I couldn't stand the subpar performance of the stock projectors (and stock fogs).

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Ok thanks. I guess they deliver to us correct? Your ny so im guessing yes, was just filling in form to see if shipping was included.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thanks. I guess they deliver to us correct? Your ny so im guessing yes, was just filling in form to see if shipping was included.

You are correct, only issue with shipping was I had to pick it up from my local ups store, not really a big deal though.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey JoeCo, do the fogs have 1 white chip on one side and 1 yellow chip on the other? Or are both chips yellow/white switchable?

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey JoeCo, do the fogs have 1 white chip on one side and 1 yellow chip on the other? Or are both chips yellow/white switchable?

Actually I'm not really sure what they looked like anymore, other than the fans on them were much bigger than my prior set. Made it difficult to get them in there, even cut up my hand a little bit to do it. Next time I'm out I will see if I can see them good enough from the outside and check out what they look like.

Also to update, they worked fine for 2 weeks and then I did have some issues with them going kind of haywire. After some researching, I took it as an opportunity to purchase and use alfaobd to see if changing the computers settings for the fog lights to LEDs would solve the problem. Sure enough, they've been fine ever since. The company sells an anti flicker kit at additional cost, but I found much better value using that money towards alfaobd.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Actually I'm not really sure what they looked like anymore, other than the fans on them were much bigger than my prior set. Made it difficult to get them in there, even cut up my hand a little bit to do it. Next time I'm out I will see if I can see them good enough from the outside and check out what they look like.

Also to update, they worked fine for 2 weeks and then I did have some issues with them going kind of haywire. After some researching, I took it as an opportunity to purchase and use alfaobd to see if changing the computers settings for the fog lights to LEDs would solve the problem. Sure enough, they've been fine ever since. The company sells an anti flicker kit at additional cost, but I found much better value using that money towards alfaobd.

Nice! I bought alfaobd also, still havnt installed my ddm hids or even plugged in alpha! No time lol
I was just wondering if each side of the paddle lights up for each color which would make it a more uniform beam pattern. I see some have white and yellow sides which would put the beam for each color in a different spot.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nice! I bought alfaobd also, still havnt installed my ddm hids or even plugged in alpha! No time lol
I was just wondering if each side of the paddle lights up for each color which would make it a more uniform beam pattern. I see some have white and yellow sides which would put the beam for each color in a different spot.

Oh cool yeah once you have some time to play around with alfa a little I'm sure you will find it was money well spent! And that is a good question, I didn't even think of that at any point. I can say that I haven't noticed anything strange in appearance while in either color mode, but I will try to take a look at them tomorrow and see what they look like.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Cableman Took a look at them today, and it does appear that in either color mode, the color is emitting from each side. Sorry for the delayed response, didn't have a chance to check during the day yesterday and at night it's more difficult to tell in terms of looking into the lens with them on.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
@Cableman Took a look at them today, and it does appear that in either color mode, the color is emitting from each side. Sorry for the delayed response, didn't have a chance to check during the day yesterday and at night it's more difficult to tell in terms of looking into the lens with them on.

Thanks, they look like some quality bulbs. Ill order them after holidays.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, they look like some quality bulbs. Ill order them after holidays.

No problem at all, and if anything happens with them between now and then I will update you.

Also I think we touched on this earlier, but with the dual mode changing by cycling the fog lights on/off, with the stock setup that creates problems when using your high beams. However, using alfa to change the setting for the fog light dropout (to leave the fogs on with the lows/highs) will take care of that problem.