Another newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob_M

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, lots of newbies I see.

I just traded in my 2017 Nissan Titan SV for a 2022 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab in Delmonico Red with the Dark Gray/Black interior. I lost a few nice things from the Titan but picked up a nicer truck IMO. My past trucks have been 1996 Toyota Tacoma, 2002 Nissan Frontier, 2015 Nissan Frontier and then the 2017 Nissan Titan SV. I went underwater when I traded the '15 Frontier in on the Titan, but that's pretty much poor planning on my part. We had plans to retire at the end of 2017 and needed the bigger truck to tow my 2009 Challenger RT from the Arizona desert to the rolling hills of NW Georgia.
We picked up the Tacoma on a special lease deal Toyota ran in the southwest at the time, a 36 month lease at $110/month. Of course the truck we got had "Electronic Door Locks" so our lease got bumped up to $115/month thanks to having that luxury item......
Still figuring this baby out. It didn't come with the rear bumper step or running boards. I bought them both at the dealer - I know.... - and added them to the 0% 72 Month Financing deal. I have the bumper step but need to go back and pickup the running boards today.
Compared to the Titan, which only had 28k on her when I traded it, this baby is really really really quiet.
And I thought it didn't have a locking tailgate, but reading a couple threads on here it seems it locks with the cab doors. I've been checking it with the cab doors unlocked - doh! I'm used to the Nissans with the separate key....
I need to do something to the exhaust, it's too quiet for the Hemi. On my RT I replaced the rear resonators with glasspaks and it makes a nice rumble. If anyone has any leads on a package designed for the Ram I'd be interested in hearing about it.
The UConnect 5 is really nice, much better than the earlier versions I saw on friend's cars and trucks. Still learning it too. After setup, the seamless connection to my Android phone is great. No need to connect wires, press buttons, etc. I can leave the phone in my back pocket and it hooks up immediately. Way cool!
Other add-ons under consideration are:
- Leather/leatherette seat covers. I want to protect the fabric seats as much as possible. Hauling the dog around is off-limits 'till we do something with the seats.
- Bed liner. I'm considering doing a spray in like the Titan had. I'll need a better compressor than my cheapo Harbor Freight.
- Tonneau Cover - I had the BAK Revolver X2 on the Titan. It was great, no problems over the 4 1/2 years we had it and it helped tremendously when we moved, packed all kinds of stuff in there.
Great to be here. Hope to help out when I can but will most likely be spending most of my time reading and learning.
Bob

Attachments

• 2022 Ram 1500 1.jpg
    2022 Ram 1500 1.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 2022 Ram 1500 4.jpg
    2022 Ram 1500 4.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 2022 Ram 1500 5.jpg
    2022 Ram 1500 5.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2022 Ram 1500 7.jpg