Anyone Else Hate The Sound Of Their Horn?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine sounds ok for a Truck, and I’m used to the horn delay after having a Jeep Wrangler and Challenger Scatpack, it seems this delay is FCA engineers signature in all the horn systems they add, the Jeep horn sound was horrible, the Challenger and truck sound good, at least in my opinion.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
While in the USA I refrain from honking my horn, don't want to **** anybody off. Fine with the way it sounds for the amount of time I use it.
xxxxxxxxx
Don't believe the ass-shat liberal press Canadian and U.S.
No one is likely to shoot at you for honking--except maybe in Houston.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
No one is likely to shoot at you for honking--except maybe in Houston.
Here in Detroit we shoot at honkers... especially if they are from out of town or Canada!

Hemimania

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like it. What I don't like is I have to press it hard just for a little tap (which is never a LITTLE tap).

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I hate the fact that it is computer controlled?? I'm used to a normal switch that is instant not delayed. Most time I am past the idiot I wanted to honk at ??

DeepVee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins6.7
I absolutely hate it! It sounds like it should be in a clown car!! I mean it's a 2016 Ram 1500 the horn should sound like it's in a full size truck, not a clown car lol. Anyone else?
I don't really care about the sound of the hor. What annoys me is how stiff the horn button is, one can't give a nice light freindly tap. And, as another noted, it seems delayed.

Kanab Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I hear a lot of folks complaining about their horn (including me) but I haven't seen many solutions offered. Since it appears to be computer controlled, are we limited?

marks146

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I absolutely hate it! It sounds like it should be in a clown car!! I mean it's a 2016 Ram 1500 the horn should sound like it's in a full size truck, not a clown car lol. Anyone else?

I like the sound of mine. It's a two tone high/low and is very loud. Maybe only one of yours is working. I don't like the delay there is when it's actuated. Seems like a second or two prior to it sounding. Must be computer actuated.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It goes through 2 relays *and* the BCM. Why they did this I have no clue.

It looks like its just latency adding up and turning into a noticeable delay.

Not sure if its possible to bypass the BCM by running directly from the horn to the relay that is after the BCM.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Hahaha I had to read this thread. We’re griping about horns now :anitoof::anitoof: I push it. It makes noise. End of story. And I might push it twice a year. If that.

redvettx2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
New 18 horn is pretty impressive as far as loud. I forgot to pull the 4 note horn off my 04'

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hated mine when I apparently hit the panic button on my fob when getting out at the gas station earlier. I'm still not used to that so I did everything but hit the panic button again to try to turn it off.

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I hated mine when I apparently hit the panic button on my fob when getting out at the gas station earlier. I'm still not used to that so I did everything but hit the panic button again to try to turn it off.

I did that once or twice...and same thing - there's a delay (much like our horn delay, lol) for me to realize I need to hit the panic button *again* to turn it off. I looked for a way to disable the keyfob panic but no luck.

local

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did that once or twice...and same thing - there's a delay (much like our horn delay, lol) for me to realize I need to hit the panic button *again* to turn it off. I looked for a way to disable the keyfob panic but no luck.

Pretty sure unsoldering the button from the circuit board will do the trick. Luckily my fob is trash so I will try this at some point.

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I like the sound of mine. It's a two tone high/low and is very loud. Maybe only one of yours is working. I don't like the delay there is when it's actuated. Seems like a second or two prior to it sounding. Must be computer actuated.

Only one working must be the problem. It seriously sounds like a clown car. Maybe I'll take it to the dealership and make them fix it. Might as well use that warranty huh?

JimGregory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Mine sounds fine. I just want it to act like the horns of old acted. It was a multi use tool for me.