Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Good to know. I'm definitely interested in seeing what they used for the led turn signal board if it's going to be a match to what's currently in the oem projectors now or if it's completely different. Mine won't be here until Friday and don't know when I'll have a chance to mess with them. Definitely want to know just how hard they will be to open up.

Did you get the drl to function in your test? I plan adding the drl wiring to my truck soon (should have the rest of the pins later this week) and would like to adapt it to work with these lights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes, DRLs work perfect using the dedicated DRL settings, so all you need is the single wire for each light.
The led turn signal board is completely different than factory/tyc projectors. I can see in there, and the whole board is top mounted. I’ll have to decide on some sequential switchback strips of some kind.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Yes, DRLs work perfect using the dedicated DRL settings, so all you need is the single wire for each light.
The led turn signal board is completely different than factory/tyc projectors. I can see in there, and the whole board is top mounted. I’ll have to decide on some sequential switchback strips of some kind.

I'm thinking about going with the profile one's from TRS. How bright is the drl led that comes with the lights? Were you able to test them during the day?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Are you going to add an HiD kit or led bulbs?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I’m gonna go with my trusty $15 amazon 35w ballasts and order a pair of $15 h7 hid bulbs for now, and see how they look. The 9012s with those ballasts in my projectors looked just as good as any other expensive ones I’ve had. I’ll definitely post pics once I have those up and running.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm thinking about going with the profile one's from TRS. How bright is the drl led that comes with the lights? Were you able to test them during the day?

I would say, if you know how the diode Dynamics switchbacks are, these are just about the same brightness and color as those DRLs, granted, the strip on these are a little thinner.
I’ve got my eye on those profiles. I hope they turn out the same brightness as the upper with them being behind the turn signal diffuser.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I would say, if you know how the diode Dynamics switchbacks are, these are just about the same brightness and color as those DRLs, granted, the strip on these are a little thinner.
I’ve got my eye on those profiles. I hope they turn out the same brightness as the upper with them being behind the turn signal diffuser.

I'll probably just leave the drl's alone then. If it's not going to be a pain I'm wondering if you could just remove the diffusers. Shouldn't need them with the strips.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m gonna go with my trusty $15 amazon 35w ballasts and order a pair of $15 h7 hid bulbs for now, and see how they look. The 9012s with those ballasts in my projectors looked just as good as any other expensive ones I’ve had. I’ll definitely post pics once I have those up and running.
Looking forward to it!

These just might be my first custom lighting project.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
For those that have factory projectors that want these, here’s an easy conversion harness you can make. The headlights already come with one third of the parts- this little extension harness (circled)- kmBXyK7.jpg

Here it is by itself- cut the yellow circled end off- i2bl3ea.jpg

Here’s the 3157 bulb socket pigtails that goes into the socket holes on the new lights- https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Pre-...ghts&qid=1553571390&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

And here’s the male projector harness mating connector (2 sets)(thanks for the link @1500ram12)- https://www.amazon.com/headlights-1J0973837-lamp-socket-Headlight-connector/dp/B07LD6C2R1?th=1&psc=1

And you’ll need two 10” lengths of 18awg wire with two female bullet connectors for the DRL wire (not sure what size, I had some red ones laying around that fit).

Then just crimp the appropriate male projector connector terminals on the ends of the wires (pay attention because some wires get small terminals and some get the large terminals), and insert them into the correct numbered pin positions. g840zqD.jpg

Note: in order for the DRLs to function with this wiring method, the dedicated DRLs need to be enabled with the alfaobd. Otherwise, don’t pin the red wire into the projector connector, and use a relay harness to trigger them.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you manage to find a cheapie setup that actually stays working for a good amount of time? There are so many of them on Amazon with varying reviews.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
How did you manage to find a cheapie setup that actually stays working for a good amount of time? There are so many of them on Amazon with varying reviews.

After messing with multiple expensive name brand kits and having them not fire up randomly, I took the advice of a member on here and cumminsforum who likes testing cheap lights, and spun the wheel on Amazon. The ones I got just work...every time. I’m going on about three months with them now, so they’ve seen the brunt of the cold weather startups.

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Had these lights in long enough now to give some opinions. I still get led out random so will try resistor, leds still work though with no issue. Zero moisture in these even after a touch less car wash I had no moisture at all. When I. Remove them to add resistor I am going to put a few silica packs and prob just put a good bead of silicone. Really like these lights, even more than I thought I would and the DRL is pretty bright which I am happy about. Light output is much better than the quads and cutoff line is very good. Think they did a great job with these at the price point they sell them at.

drprymer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After messing with multiple expensive name brand kits and having them not fire up randomly, I took the advice of a member on here and cumminsforum who likes testing cheap lights, and spun the wheel on Amazon. The ones I got just work...every time. I’m going on about three months with them now, so they’ve seen the brunt of the cold weather startups.
Ive never had any luck with expensive brands but the cheap ones i buy last forever or at least until i sell a vehicle

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had these lights in long enough now to give some opinions. I still get led out random so will try resistor, leds still work though with no issue. Zero moisture in these even after a touch less car wash I had no moisture at all. When I. Remove them to add resistor I am going to put a few silica packs and prob just put a good bead of silicone. Really like these lights, even more than I thought I would and the DRL is pretty bright which I am happy about. Light output is much better than the quads and cutoff line is very good. Think they did a great job with these at the price point they sell them at.

Did you buy from Amazon or AlphaRex directly?

If you ordered the HID set, did they come with full HIDs or a set of halogens and only 2 HID replacements?

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
Bought on Amazon. I didn't get the hid set, just the h7 halogens they come with. In past aftermarket lights I had condensation issues etc, I live in WA state and rains a lot, so was worried the more heat from HIDs etc and opening/cutting covers could cause issues with moisture. May not matter, I just hate foggy lights. I may just do a slightly whiter 6000k halogen or try out some leds in low beam. Have had more compliments on these lights from random people, was kind of suprising people notice who dont even have Rams. If there were a few small changes to these lights, they would be even better. Like the turn signal on bottom, make it just go to the first line in signal and do a white drl on the upper line and do the side marker Silver of blacked out and do the rings around projectors in black. I'm going to put 2 larger size silica packs in area inside just to keep dry in there.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I bought mine on Amazon with the 5000k HID kit, which is 2 halogen H7, 2 HID h7.

I went straight to the HIDs, even though it came with enough halogens for hi/low (I paid for them, might as well).

I did not do any extra sealing, left dust caps off as didn't want to drill them yet, put a silica pack only in one to see if I get any issues between them.

2 weekes now, no issues. Still getting the parking light out error when turning due to the upper (DRL for those with that option) turning off when using blinker.

I also live in WA, has been rainy last couple days...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those that have factory projectors that want these, here’s an easy conversion harness you can make. The headlights already come with one third of the parts- this little extension harness (circled)- kmBXyK7.jpg

Here it is by itself- cut the yellow circled end off- i2bl3ea.jpg

Here’s the 3157 bulb socket pigtails that goes into the socket holes on the new lights- https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Pre-Wired-Harness-Repair-Replacement/dp/B01GP6B9WA/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=iJDMTOY+(2)+3156+3157+Pre-Wired+Harness+Sockets+For+Repair,+Replacement,+Install+LED+Bulbs+For+Turn+Signal+Lights,+DRL+Lamps+or+Brake/Tail+Lights&qid=1553571390&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

And here’s the male projector harness mating connector (2 sets)(thanks for the link @1500ram12)- https://www.amazon.com/headlights-1J0973837-lamp-socket-Headlight-connector/dp/B07LD6C2R1?th=1&psc=1

And you’ll need two 10” lengths of 18awg wire with two female bullet connectors for the DRL wire (not sure what size, I had some red ones laying around that fit).

Then just crimp the appropriate male projector connector terminals on the ends of the wires (pay attention because some wires get small terminals and some get the large terminals), and insert them into the correct numbered pin positions. g840zqD.jpg

Note: in order for the DRLs to function with this wiring method, the dedicated DRLs need to be enabled with the alfaobd. Otherwise, don’t pin the red wire into the projector connector, and use a relay harness to trigger them.

Jimmy07 - Can you send a finished picture of this harness? I would love to copy this but wanted to see it before ordering everything. Thank you

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jimmy07 - Can you send a finished picture of this harness? I would love to copy this but wanted to see it before ordering everything. Thank you
I don’t have the finished harness yet because the male projector connector kit is coming straight from China. I improvised for right now by bypassing the the truck connector and tapped straight into the proper wires, then when I have everything, I’ll redo the connector.

Mason1081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone have any pictures of the '18 style projectors modifystreet is selling?

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just got a call from Alpharex/Modifystreet yesterday asking about my bulb out warning.

They are working on becoming vendors here.

They offered to send out load resistors so I could put them in and see if it helps.

FYI, they are the same company.

I am liking their Nova series too, just a little rich for my blood is all.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk