Anyone try Modifystreet headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I love how it says "these bulbs will work fantastic" ! That's good stuff right there...lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Ok my OCD is gonna kill me and I'm gonna have to adjust these lights to perfect as the pass side is level beam and the driver's is slightly off and I attribute that to the clocking of the LEDs however...
For those with the modify street lights, are your high beams like 30' up in trees?? There is only one adjustment and it adjust both beams (I believe)., Is that why the new ones on eBay have "adjustable projectors"? It looks in the pictures if those that they are individually adjustable however not without removal...just curious on thoughts and I'm sure more will come out once people get them in hand...

I will post pics in a few of what I'm talking about...

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Ok my OCD is gonna kill me and I'm gonna have to adjust these lights to perfect as the pass side is level beam and the driver's is slightly off and I attribute that to the clocking of the LEDs however...
For those with the modify street lights, are your high beams like 30' up in trees?? There is only one adjustment and it adjust both beams (I believe)., Is that why the new ones on eBay have "adjustable projectors"? It looks in the pictures if those that they are individually adjustable however not without removal...just curious on thoughts and I'm sure more will come out once people get them in hand...

Mine are like that also. I will say my girlfriend's 18 Silverado is the same way. No gain in distance only in overall brightness. Unfortunately the auxbeam led's I bought for highs suck and barely I barely can tell when they are on

Edit

Also the Hikari ultras are brighter than her Silverados stock hid's and have about the same distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l

See pics below..78b054bd3a89ac9745844db77bfaac8e.jpg5f34e82509a3b4b9d8526f9b69d7c8e1.jpg

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I think those are vents. Appear to be in about the same location as oem if I remember right

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Mine are like that also. I will say my girlfriend's 18 Silverado is the same way. No gain in distance only in overall brightness. Unfortunately the auxbeam led's I bought for highs suck and barely I barely can tell when they are on

Edit

Also the Hikari ultras are brighter than her Silverados stock hid's and have about the same distance

Oh I can tell you there is a TREMENDOUS difference in distance between high and low..I'll get some beam shots tomorrow but the lows I have adjusted such that they are at low window level and when shining down a street may be light up 25 yards or so with strict elevation cut off however same street with highs on and I can see a street sign I well over 100 yards away as well as all the trees between me and the sign!

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Oh I can tell you there is a TREMENDOUS difference in distance between high and low..I'll get some beam shots tomorrow but the lows I have adjusted such that they are at low window level and when shining down a street may be light up 25 yards or so with strict elevation cut off however same street with highs on and I can see a street sign I well over 100 yards away as well as all the trees between me and the sign!

It's just the auxbeam led's I bought suck

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
I think those are vents. Appear to be in about the same location as oem if I remember right

On the current version you and I have of the modify street lights they are blank, in the picture it somewhat looks like screws..that and the fact it says beam adjustable...gonna have to wait till someone has them..already 85 sold, almost gone! Had I seen them I may have opted for them there has to be a reason they are 100$ more than the standard ones...other than the switchbacks...

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
And yet another plug for Alpha OBD, switched all to LEDs and no issues whatsoever, no errors, no flicker etc..

OP
OP
rotwiler

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
looks like the new V2 are up on ebay

They have smoked upper/lower lights and switchback led

s-l1600.jpg
Those are modifystreet headlights, so most likely are the v2. Geesh, now I want them, I see it has dual white drl too! Is odd though, in add shows the blacked out and normal ones, if only the side marker was silver or tinted, it would be ideal.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those are modifystreet headlights, so most likely are the v2. Geesh, now I want them, I see it has dual white drl too! Is odd though, in add shows the blacked out and normal ones, if only the side marker was silver or tinted, it would be ideal.

Yeah, Alpha confirmed this is G2. I was really hoping for cleared instead of amber side marker.

Have not asked if they are making them in the other finishes (i.e. chrome or jet black)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Are you saying on one side the cutoff line is level, and the other side the cutoff line is going slightly up or downhill? If so, it’s not the way the LEDs are installed, it’s because the projector itself is rotated a little. There’s no adjustment for that unless you open them up. I hardly ever use my highs, but now that you mention it, I’m going to do a bunch of testing this weekend while I still have mine opened up and if mine are high, I can shim them down. Otherwise, with the adjustment screw on them now, the high and low adjust concurrently since they’re both mounted to the same bracket.

See pics below..78b054bd3a89ac9745844db77bfaac8e.jpg5f34e82509a3b4b9d8526f9b69d7c8e1.jpg

Like 1500ram12 said, those are the vents. Mine have rubber caps in there that have pieces of mesh inside to absorb moisture.

Scorpio55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6 cylinder engine
Does anyone know where to get the instructions on how how to install the modifystreet Ram headlights? Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Does anyone know where to get the instructions on how how to install the modifystreet Ram headlights? Thanks

Install is straight forward. Blue/white/black harness goes to your trucks headlight harness. The 3157 style bulb base coming out of the headlight gets plugged into your truck's turn signal socket, like the bulb you'll remove. The harness that comes with the headlights is for the drl's. The 2 red wires in the harness connect to the corresponding red wire coming out of each headlight. On the drl module end you'll have a 12v positive and ground connection. The Grey wire goes to a keyed on fuse in the fuse box in front of the battery.

Brandon Tanner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is two Male connectors to fit the female the two females on the truck right? I have the quad lights.

d1c3605edcd7c2ce3505aa58186d528b.jpg

c83d3dfa8e2c52707dc85d681e4179f0.jpg

And the back of the housing

d873043ed37166bbdfcf1f316eb6b169.jpg

It's weird that it appears to only be one connection for the headlights and turn/park lamps . I'd definitely like to the full harness, connection points on harness/housing if different from the pictures I found and instructions.

Edit : pulled this from Amazon in the questions modifystreet had a link

8946510220d413035b924a29b08e6753.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]
For those that have factory projectors that want these, here’s an easy conversion harness you can make. The headlights already come with one third of the parts- this little extension harness (circled)- kmBXyK7.jpg

Here it is by itself- cut the yellow circled end off- i2bl3ea.jpg

Here’s the 3157 bulb socket pigtails that goes into the socket holes on the new lights- https://www.amazon.com/iJDMTOY-Pre-Wired-Harness-Repair-Replacement/dp/B01GP6B9WA/ref=mp_s_a_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=iJDMTOY+(2)+3156+3157+Pre-Wired+Harness+Sockets+For+Repair,+Replacement,+Install+LED+Bulbs+For+Turn+Signal+Lights,+DRL+Lamps+or+Brake/Tail+Lights&qid=1553571390&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull

And here’s the male projector harness mating connector (2 sets)(thanks for the link @1500ram12)- https://www.amazon.com/headlights-1J0973837-lamp-socket-Headlight-connector/dp/B07LD6C2R1?th=1&psc=1

And you’ll need two 10” lengths of 18awg wire with two female bullet connectors for the DRL wire (not sure what size, I had some red ones laying around that fit).

Then just crimp the appropriate male projector connector terminals on the ends of the wires (pay attention because some wires get small terminals and some get the large terminals), and insert them into the correct numbered pin positions. g840zqD.jpg

Note: in order for the DRLs to function with this wiring method, the dedicated DRLs need to be enabled with the alfaobd. Otherwise, don’t pin the red wire into the projector connector, and use a relay harness to trigger them.

MGD81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

Now i'm interested. I hated the big white area on the bottom of the last ones but these look great. How do you know they have switchback led's? Will the turn signal be sequential? I wonder when they will appear on amazon.

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Now i'm interested. I hated the big white area on the bottom of the last ones but these look great. How do you know they have switchback led's? Will the turn signal be sequential? I wonder when they will appear on amazon.
The eBay listing says switchbacks, but nothing about sequential, I asked the same question but until someone gets them will be hard to say..but I would sure hope so being they are 150$ more than standard ones..and for just switchbacks that's steep..

Murphyjs6

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Quick question for those with Hikari H7s in the modify street lights..

Did you align them straight up and down per the Hikari directions or turn until they stop when installing in the housing?

No matter how I orientation the tabs on the base plate to get them to be straight up and down as Hikari recommends, none of them are at full lock position..

However it appears that the seal is just as tight no matter the position from my eye...

I guess the main question is with the projector lens is it or is it not critical that the LED be positioned vertically for beam pattern??

Just curious on everyone's experience on this

So mine are for the most part leds left and right. I parked 25 feet from a piece of plywood and adjusted them from there. right at the "cut of shelf" adjust them to where there is no "Glitter effect" or until it's a nice sharp cut and no light bleed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

tator2k

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it easiest to all Alpha directly to place an order if I want the V2 with the conversion cable?