Anyone use this catch can?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Besides cost and the way they mount what exactly is different?
I got my UPR from Nick and love it, it has the drain plug in the bottom of the canister but I haven't added the drain line .... the fittings and connections where high quality as far as I am concerned and I even paint matched it to my trucks color lol ..

I would highly recommend Nick's UPR catch can to anyone who is looking for one ...

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
All catch cans are not created equal. We offer several brands but I recommendation is UPR.

Their cans are the best out there and they offer several add on options as well as colors. UPR is what I run on my personal vehicles.
No lie here, took me a while to decide on what catch can to go with and finally decided on Nick's UPR after so many members on these forums recommended it ...

I even color matched mine myself lol ...

1648960435554.png

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I figured as much. I get he needs to promote what he sells.

That is totally incorrect...What is inside the can is the difference. Most of the cheaper ones just use some steel wheel inside a sleeve. UPR uses chambers along with a diffuser system. There is a reason why these cost what they cost and the amazon and ebay brand ones are so much cheaper...

"Brand New UPR Signature Series Billet Catch Can System with Z Bracket for your 2009 to Present Dodge Ram. This Catch Can was developed to out perform all the other 2 chamber catch cans with a patented internal diffuser system that forces the oil to be released into the catch can from a lower chamber then the fresh air can exit through the upper chamber. This is because all the traditional 2 chamber catch cans have two chambers side by side and with a screen that separates them. Side by Side chambers with a simple screen or honeycomb filter allow oil to be sucked right across and out the exit port of the catch can.

Most of the top brands out there are what is called 2 chamber pull through catch cans as they all allow as much oil to be pulled through them as they collect and this is why they can have such small oil capacities and be drained so infrequently. With the UPR Catch Can you have to check them every 500 miles to maintain the oil level. Wheres other catch cans usually say to check them every 2000 to 3000 miles and you should be fine. UPR takes pride in their products and always strives to deliver the best looking and performing products.

All UPR Catch Cans are machined from 6061 Billet Aluminum and use forged aluminum fittings along with Viton O-rings and the highest quality Braided Hoses on every model. We don't sell you a catch can and with all the rubber or plastic hoses and plastic fittings and then tell you to get the best you have to upgrade your hose and fittings. With UPR it all comes STANDARD at no extra cost!"

OP
OP
Rlaf75

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is totally incorrect...What is inside the can is the difference. Most of the cheaper ones just use some steel wheel inside a sleeve. UPR uses chambers along with a diffuser system. There is a reason why these cost what they cost and the amazon and ebay brand ones are so much cheaper...

"Brand New UPR Signature Series Billet Catch Can System with Z Bracket for your 2009 to Present Dodge Ram. This Catch Can was developed to out perform all the other 2 chamber catch cans with a patented internal diffuser system that forces the oil to be released into the catch can from a lower chamber then the fresh air can exit through the upper chamber. This is because all the traditional 2 chamber catch cans have two chambers side by side and with a screen that separates them. Side by Side chambers with a simple screen or honeycomb filter allow oil to be sucked right across and out the exit port of the catch can.

Most of the top brands out there are what is called 2 chamber pull through catch cans as they all allow as much oil to be pulled through them as they collect and this is why they can have such small oil capacities and be drained so infrequently. With the UPR Catch Can you have to check them every 500 miles to maintain the oil level. Wheres other catch cans usually say to check them every 2000 to 3000 miles and you should be fine. UPR takes pride in their products and always strives to deliver the best looking and performing products.

All UPR Catch Cans are machined from 6061 Billet Aluminum and use forged aluminum fittings along with Viton O-rings and the highest quality Braided Hoses on every model. We don't sell you a catch can and with all the rubber or plastic hoses and plastic fittings and then tell you to get the best you have to upgrade your hose and fittings. With UPR it all comes STANDARD at no extra cost!"
Im not knocking the product you sell and I think you are confusing the one I linked in my original post with those cheap Amazon ones. There doesnt seem to be anything cheap about the J&L can I posted.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im not knocking the product you sell and I think you are confusing the one I linked in my original post with those cheap Amazon ones. There doesnt seem to be anything cheap about the J&L can I posted.

I meant in general when I was talking about the Amazon and Ebay ones. The J&L which used to be JLT is a good brand. I still prefer UPR but J&L is quality. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

HoustonRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Went with the Mishimoto here. Love the large reservoir, am able to empty at oil changes. Though it would be nice to have a drain, but its not an issue to unscrew.

Laps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using the Mishomoto catch can, very easy install and works just fine.

Rodney Belair

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

WFO2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2022 Ram new body style the Moroso can will not fit the recommended spot . Ram rerouted the AC lines and it will not mount to the radiator as the instructions show. After repeated emails to Moroso no joy. I now have a 232 dollar paper weight until I can fabricate a bracket or do my ram air CAI and use those mounting points where the stock air filter was mounted. Just a heads up .

MuleDawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
the 20$ Amazon Catch Can does the exact same thing... lol... Save your money for real upgrades :cool:

View attachment 490059
I will tell you what my grandpa told me when it came to buying or paying for anything “ if you pay for quality or you will pay in quantity…” . I did the exact same one from Amazon & as soon as I turned my truck on, the hoses were to flimsy & collapsed. So I went online and ordered a quality catch can & I check it every 60 days or if I drive long distance.

I think if you look on my page here, it’s a photo of the mod.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2022 Ram new body style the Moroso can will not fit the recommended spot . Ram rerouted the AC lines and it will not mount to the radiator as the instructions show. After repeated emails to Moroso no joy. I now have a 232 dollar paper weight until I can fabricate a bracket or do my ram air CAI and use those mounting points where the stock air filter was mounted. Just a heads up .
I haven't looked under the hood of a 5th Gen in regards to mounting a can,but you can also mount it to a fender bolt if it won't mount to the rad.The farther away from engine heat you can mount the can,the more efficient a catch can becomes.Pick up some longer hoses,and start looking at other places to mount it.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Went with the Mishimoto here. Love the large reservoir, am able to empty at oil changes. Though it would be nice to have a drain, but its not an issue to unscrew.
You should have a fitting on the bottom that you can replace with a ball valve. I happened to have a ball valve from a Moroso 4th gen catch can that screwed right into my Mishimoto CC where the fitting was.

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I purchased this one from eBay and the build is great and it works GREAT. The amount of oil in the can after a few month was shocking. My throttle body was covered in cooked on oil when I removed it and cleaned it all up. Now there is NOTHING on my throttle body at all. I was a skeptic, now I'm a true believer that these are beneficial.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220405-174453~2.png
    Screenshot_20220405-174453~2.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 14

Stacylynn2204

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey Guys, I am pretty new to the Ram world . This girl here loves doing new mods to my truck. Reading your post about catch cans I have to ask the question .. Do you recommend me adding it to my truck, is it functional as far as serving a real service to my 5.7 Hemi ? I have a 19 1500 4x4 Laramie.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Added my valve today. Need to pick up a small hose tomorrow.

Attachments

• PXL_20220406_214639486.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220406_214639486.MP.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20220406_215001085.jpg
    PXL_20220406_215001085.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20220406_215228743.jpg
    PXL_20220406_215228743.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20220406_221802477.jpg
    PXL_20220406_221802477.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20220406_214848503.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220406_214848503.MP.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20220406_222616708.jpg
    PXL_20220406_222616708.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 22

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey Guys, I am pretty new to the Ram world . This girl here loves doing new mods to my truck. Reading your post about catch cans I have to ask the question .. Do you recommend me adding it to my truck, is it functional as far as serving a real service to my 5.7 Hemi ? I have a 19 1500 4x4 Laramie.
Short answer: yup!

MontanaHandyman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just jerry-rigged mine onto the top of the firewall not too far from the pcv valve. Also threw away the way too flexible hoses that came with it and bought the real mccoy non-collapsible hose from napa.