API Comp Cam VVT 266

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yeah, still waiting to see how the 8-speed is going to hold up.

This has turned out to be a great thread.[/QUOTE

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmissions/ZF8.html According to Allpar, this looks like a pretty serious transmission, tall gearing, triple disk converter, extra friction plates, and depending on version, capable of handling serious TQ(300-1000Nm). The question would be next, will it fit. 40 maps controlling the TCM.

Last edited:

movinalong

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
^^ Great read I know it'll be a pain to swap or may never work for us early 4th gen folks, but if we ever to get a transmission worth having there will be no competing with these trucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericlee9386

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any updates on final numbers or did they get snowed out?

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any updates on final numbers or did they get snowed out?

Road tests was stopped Tuesday because it started snowing. As of yesterday @ 5:30, truck on dyno, Dave was able to find and isolate in the chart calibration the spot in the street drivability problem and rich condition corrected. Justin will call this afternoon let me know if they are 100% comfortable with the new calibrations or if they need a couple more days. As soon as I know, I will update the status.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hate to say it but we are going into week 8. This has been a long road that only seems to keep going. Very disappointing! I really was looking forward to feeling my truck again. The bright spot in this, AJ will be there next week to finalize and give the thumbs up(or not). Hope it works out well because I've almost forgot what my truck looks and feels like.

bouf0010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
good things come to those who wait lol

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

greychevy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hopefully they get it tightened up here soon and it ends up being worth it. 8 weeks is a long time.

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems to have been AJ's call. He is returning to Arrington Monday. He wants some seat time in the truck. I can appreciate the attention to details and that is the reason I took it to Arrington and not HHP. 8 weeks is killer. No one ever complains of the final product from them. I'm sure I will have my expectations meet and exceeded by the Arrington team.

meadows

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
good luck. but seriously 8 weeks???? there are several shops that can build an entire car/truck in less time than that. with that being said i hope that thing shakes the dam ground and scares women and children.

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
good luck. but seriously 8 weeks???? there are several shops that can build an entire car/truck in less time than that. with that being said i hope that thing shakes the dam ground and scares women and children.

Believe me I'm feeling the anticipation. It's all tuning/RD related. Arrington wants the tune perfect for the guys that come next in the line. Most guys will have their own shop install the package if not themselves. The tune has to fit all 4th gen trucks with minimal problems, I'm sure. A quick tweak here or there and a performance tune you have for your new package. We've come to far to f@%& up now. It is a win win for everyone.

Last edited:

trikeffex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport ram
Engine
hemi 5.7
I say you take a drive in a stock ram before you get behind the wheel of yours..**** 2 weeks away from my truck and it feels fast again lol...
Can't wait to see the results..

Charles

Born N' Raised

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man I hope you post something tonight. I'm feeling the anticipation and I don't even get to drive it! You ever think about losing the t-case and converting to 4x2? Might open up some pretty stout tranny options

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Waiting......

For some reason I'm still waiting also. I was told they would have the numbers to me by 10:00am. Well by 3:30pm I called Justin and someone told me he was in the dyno room. No one has responded back to me. I'm in the dark. Can you believe, I was told I could pick the truck up last Thursday. Justin calls me last Friday to say that AJ wanted some seat time in it to make sure it's meeting everyones expectations but the tune now is good enough. You know that's cool, I say. Then I get a phone call Tuesday night from Justin telling me the truck is going back on the dyno for a finale pull, "will have finale numbers for you between 9:00-10:00am tomorrow and it's still a go for Monday pick up." Nobody has responded as of yet. Can't be a good sign. We'll see.

OP
OP
Hemi_Express2013

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Numbers are in. Post dyno sheet when I get home tonight. If I remember correctly 358hp 383Tq. Very impressed with tq.

Last edited: