AVS LIGHTSHEILD FUSE TAP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbalay35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hey been a while, so I just bought an AVS Lightshield deflector for my 2020 1500 Classic, I want to connect using a fuse tap. But I am not the greatest with electrical and this kind of stuff tends to make me nervous. I know the fuse in the engine are micro mini fuses, and tried to read up and watch some videos on YT. But none were very detailed or descriptive. So I do have few questions
I see the cigar lighter on the fuse diagram, its yellow rate 20amp fuse ( F93) , I would assume that would work as I want to have the lights to come on when the truck is running and off when I turn it off. Also , would I need the same amp size for the lightshield, or can I use a smaller one like a 15 or something? I also see power outlets ( instrument panel ) centre console) it too is 20amp Yellow ( F104). would those be the best options? I also see clearance lights and such, I cant find the DRL lights on there ( not sure there is even one for them?. ) One last thing and forgive me if this is a real dumb question. But does it make a diffirence between the colours of the fuse. Loike blue red yellow pink etc, If they are showing the same amps?

Any other suggestions where I can hook these up too? as I said I am mot the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to this kind of stuff. This is the one I have for reference.
Any and all helps is appreciated

Thanks

1657306945331.png

Diegozz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey,
I have the exact same question and i purchased the exact same product. I already installed the deflector but need help with the wiring process. Did you find anything?

OP
OP
jumbalay35

jumbalay35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks . Think I'm close, I see the acc battery fuse location. F91/92. Think I'm gonna tap in to that. It is empty at the moment. So doe that mean I have to put 2 of the same fuses in there? Sorry of that's a dumb question, but as I said. I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff..

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks . Think I'm close, I see the acc battery fuse location. F91/92. Think I'm gonna tap in to that. It is empty at the moment. So doe that mean I have to put 2 of the same fuses in there? Sorry of that's a dumb question, but as I said. I'm not the best when it comes to this stuff..

Use can use any available slot. I'd try for one that makes for the cleanest possible install and doesn't interfere with fuse box covers or put wires in harms way. Assuming your tap is like the below image, you use them like worded in the pic:

Micro2FuseTap_1024x1024.jpg

OP
OP
jumbalay35

jumbalay35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks, that is what I have , question what if I tap into a slot that doent alrready have a fuse in it? also would both fuses have to be the same amperage?

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, they don't have to be the same amperage.

TrkSpawn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if I tap into the clearance light fuse as well as the trailer turn signal fuses if that would be sufficient to power the AVS Lightshield Pro so that I will have full working lights?

OP
OP
jumbalay35

jumbalay35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A little update on the shield. It works awesome. But I did notice a little odd thing recently . So I used a fuse tap and put it in slot 79 ( i think ). It worked great, as it would come on when it got dark and so on. But recently, I have noticed that it now comes on when I hit the breaks. It also comes on when I turn on the left blinker light but doesn't come on when I hit the right turn signal . Any ideas? Should I trey another spot for the fuse tap?

Let me now what you guys think

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Being LED you could also tap into a running light. Comes on with parking lights.