BDS lift for 2019+ PWs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
BDS has had a 4” lift kit for the “through ‘18 models”, but not ‘19+. I’ve seen that Expedition One fitted one onto their ‘19 product display truck so I know it can be done. What parts/part is the problem when trying to install on a newer PW, and how hard is it to modify said part to work properly?

(also I do know that they recently came out with a ‘19+ 2” PW specific lift).)

I’ve also seen a guy on YouTube install a Rough country 4.5” PW specific lift on his ‘19 which is also for “through ‘18” trucks. It seemed like he didn’t have much trouble.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There isnt really any difference between the 14-18 trucks compared to the 19 and up. Minor change in front spring height, but thats pretty much it.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
what happened with the front spring height?

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Yep, you’d think, but from what I’ve read BDS says nope , while Rough County says “ no problem it’ll fit even though the website only lists it working on ‘18 or below.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, you’d think, but from what I’ve read BDS says nope , while Rough County says “ no problem it’ll fit even though the website only lists it working on ‘18 or below.
Well, as far as springs and shocks go, they will work. Not sure what the heck wouldnt work as far as brackets go. They do have some added dampeners on the frame and slight changes in the frame apparently…

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's slightly annoying. Might have to send a message to Chris there and see what the deal is. I suppose I should make sure the damn thing fits in the garage first. haha. If I have to get the 1.5 over stock springs I will.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's slightly annoying. Might have to send a message to Chris there and see what the deal is. I suppose I should make sure the damn thing fits in the garage first. haha. If I have to get the 1.5 over stock springs I will.
I wouldnt worry about it. If you liked the way your last truck sat, it will be the exact same on this truck. If you wished you had the 1.5” springs on your last truck, well than you will on this one too haaaaaa

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah it’s not too bad. Personally I’d like a 1 inch in the front.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would have to search YouTube but remember seeing a video where there was interference because of some sort of vibration damper mounted on the frame that was in the way of some brackets. The company said it was working on parts to make to offer in the kit but they had had some parts made by a local machine shop. I'm not guaranteeing that is the issue, but I definitely saw a YouTube video that discussed this possible issue. Keep in mind that different brand lift kits may have different designs of brackets so one might clear and the other not. Also, there is the possibility that the companies simply have not verified fitment on the newer models yet and therefore have not revised the website.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be beneficial to the consumers and the manufacturers to state that it has not yet been tested on a particular vehicle rather than simply state it does not fit. Not sure why they dont do that…wouldnt take anymore work. And if it has been tested and does not fit, they should state why.

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I would have to search YouTube but remember seeing a video where there was interference because of some sort of vibration damper mounted on the frame that was in the way of some brackets. The company said it was working on parts to make to offer in the kit but they had had some parts made by a local machine shop. I'm not guaranteeing that is the issue, but I definitely saw a YouTube video that discussed this possible issue. Keep in mind that different brand lift kits may have different designs of brackets so one might clear and the other not. Also, there is the possibility that the companies simply have not verified fitment on the newer models yet and therefore have not revised the website.
That was on a Carli video that was posted before they officially offered the power wagon specific kit.

OP
OP
ZLAYER

ZLAYER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I called BDS again and asked the “tech department” what was the issue. He said he didn’t know what specifically won’t work, but it’s listed that way. So again could be something simple. And again, Expedition one made it work, so I might call them to see what is involved.

Semi related, the Custom Offsets PW build uses an Icon lift that is meant for a diesel (springs) and I don’t think it was a direct fit, but they made it work. I’d like to see a performance comparison for these setups that aren’t Carli or Thurren.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I called BDS again and asked the “tech department” what was the issue. He said he didn’t know what specifically won’t work, but it’s listed that way. So again could be something simple. And again, Expedition one made it work, so I might call them to see what is involved.

Semi related, the Custom Offsets PW build uses an Icon lift that is meant for a diesel (springs) and I don’t think it was a direct fit, but they made it work. I’d like to see a performance comparison for these setups that aren’t Carli or Thurren.
Thuren dosnt offer specific springs for a gasser or diesel…they are the same. Not sure on carli.