Bed Light install frustrations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OEM bed light install on 2019 2500 Laramie. It was not prewired.
These instructions are horrible. The blue connector C7 (under dash) had a wire in pin 16 where my new wire is supposed to go. According to a YouTube vid (Rebel install) showed on his instructions to remove that wire and install in its place the new one.
I get to the next connector C3 (under hood) and that terminal PIN 17 has a wire in it.
Now what? Splice to it or remove it and replace it with new wire? Was I supposed to splice the one under the dash too?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's been a couple years since I installed this kit, so my memory of that is a little vague. But I think I removed the pin with the wire and taped it off. And inserted the replacement pin with the wire from the kit. There are other videos and instructions online. I'll see if I can find the one I used, but it might not be till Monday. I think I bookmarked in on my work computer.

Njdan30

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you gotten the bed lights figured? I have a 2020 warlock 4th gen 1500 classic I did the brown with stripe to C1 plug wire number 5 , the second wire for the bed switch(button in bed) is where I'm having an issue . Not sure exactly where it goes the directions for 1500 and 2500 say different locations but then I see ram made a mistake on some and revised the directions. Anyone know where the second wire goes?