Bed lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
The pin to access those are 0000. You can change it if you want

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mjb765

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here you go

Custsetmenu Auxilary Switch CSM= enabled (adds it to the EVIC) everything below can be done in the EVIC or Alfa. In the EVIC you will have to set a PIN number before you can get to the settings.

You will have Cust Prog Feat CBC Aux type= momentary or latching
Cust prog feat CBC Aux Power Managed = ign or bat
Cust prog feat CBC Aux HL = enabled/disabled (this is to hold the last power state)
View attachment 158764 View attachment 158763

Thank you!!!!

OP
OP
C

chris61530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I emailed the alpha developer this is what he wrote back:

"I don’t have the data for MY2018 yet, sorry. It might help if I get the recorded configuration from two cars of MY2018, one with the bed light switch enabled and the other one with the disabled switch. Do you think it might be possible?"

Does anyone have a copy of the configuration with a bed light switch?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

"I don’t have the data for MY2018 yet, sorry. It might help if I get the recorded configuration from two cars of MY2018, one with the bed light switch enabled and the other one with the disabled switch. Do you think it might be possible?"

@1500ram12

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Also, in case he is unable to find the difference, make sure he’s aware that the switch circuit is on BCM F connector, Pin 26.

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
I'm guessing it depends on how many questions he gets asked in any given day. If I don't hear anything from him in a day or two I'll resend it.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm guessing it depends on how many questions he gets asked in any given day. If I don't hear anything from him in a day or two I'll resend it.

Well please post if he adds the ability for the bed switch! Installed my bed lights today, 10 mins start to finish. Love it when the wiring is already there lol

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
Well please post if he adds the ability for the bed switch! Installed my bed lights today, 10 mins start to finish. Love it when the wiring is already there lol

He did respond and he wanted the data debug log so I sent that to him

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed the oem bed light kit. I've also the oem switch. I got the lights working, does any one know how to get the switch to work? I found another connector next to the light connector that it will plug into. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks for the help!

How the hell does the switch plug come apart? I cannot for the life of me get that blank out of it to plug in the switch. Tried to pry up on the red plastic, thinking it was a lock but no joy. Feel like an idiot but I can’t get the switch plugged in. I may take it to the dealer and see if adding the sales code will enable the switch since Alfa can’t as of now. If I can figure out how to get that plug apart.

OP
OP
C

chris61530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How the hell does the switch plug come apart? I cannot for the life of me get that blank out of it to plug in the switch. Tried to pry up on the red plastic, thinking it was a lock but no joy. Feel like an idiot but I can’t get the switch plugged in. I may take it to the dealer and see if adding the sales code will enable the switch since Alfa can’t as of now. If I can figure out how to get that plug apart.
It was a pain. I stuck an 1/8 flat blade screw driver on there and pryed up on the red tab.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was a pain. I stuck an 1/8 flat blade screw driver on there and pryed up on the red tab.

Thanks, it’s always a pain trying not to break those tabs. Appreciate your help.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Man that was a PITA, I managed to get it. I think I’m going to hit the dealer tomorrow and see if they can add the sales code ( if they don’t try to charge me $115). Stealership charged me $40 to turn in the fog lights and tried to charge me $115 to do the DRL, that’s what made me buy the Alfa. If they are reasonable I’ll post back if the sales code activated the switch.

This way I can compare log files and see if I can find anything different.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks, it’s always a pain trying not to break those tabs. Appreciate your help.
I had the dealer flash the sales code and the switch is now working. Have to go through the before and after logs and see what I can find. Kinda sucked because it erased all my changes from Alfa, but will be worth it if I can find anything. I’ll keep ya posted!

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Where is the truck feature lighting in Alfa . I’m in the car configuration change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost_RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where is the truck feature lighting in Alfa . I’m in the car configuration change

Yes. Should be in the following while connected to your truck.

Car configuration change

2014 CBC I/O & Feature - Truck Bed Lighting Feature:

Select “yes”

bhiii

#justsaynotochrome
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Car configuration change

Select “yes”

Thanks. Alfa needs a search bar lol

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins

Car configuration change

Select “yes”

I couldn't find it. That should show up not connected also, shouldn't it?