Bed Management

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
This is what I use as well. I use it more often as a bed divider than a bed extender. IT's super easy to remove as well.
That's very similar to the amp research one I have only the amp xl bed extender gives you a little bit more space since its more squared off. I really don't understand why they wouldn't all be squared off since when folded in the space between the angled sectuon and the bed is basically un-useable and with it flipped out you lose space as well.

lilliwhite

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Any recommendations on managing grocery bags and small items in the bed?
I have a milk crate bungeed to the tire downs and also a
SKRTEN Multi-functional Folding Trunk Car Boot Organizer Bag with 3 Compartments

Storm Trooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought 2 heavy duty storage containers. $15.
Works great for small items can stack one in the other for more space.

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I ran my tubes through the front of the bed and kept them high. I have totes and othe stuff under there all the way across with no issues.

Thanks I will look into it. I have something rigged now that will likely work, but look ghetto lol

Michael Magness

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would think a cargo net WITH a load bar would really do the trick, I got a load bar cheap at Harbor Freight, my cargo net came with a vehicle (forget which one)but I wouldn't be surprised if HF had them too. I'm not a fan of their tools so much but for a cheap set of sockets to keep in the truck, cheap moving pads, a source for decent XXlarge neoprene gloves & shop/truck storage solutions you can save some money for the important things!

Ysook1212

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bungi cord from rear hook to hook and run cord through bag handles

Lee DeTro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the cross bed bar and have a collapsible box/crate that I got at Costco. Works great for me. Plus inexpensive. I also have a ARE Tonneau so big trunk.

blkjeeptj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you keep your feet on the f/n dashboard, get a box and put your groceries on the floor.

Adam E

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bungi cord from rear hook to hook and run cord through bag handles

This works great and doesn't get in the way if you have to carry anything large in the bed.
You can probably get 15 - 20 plastic grocery bags from wheel well to wheel well.

I also have a cargo bar if I need to keep larger items from moving around.

I recently picked up a rubber bed mat because my totes and tool boxes if not bunged down would crash around my bed while driving.
The bed mat keeps everything from sliding.

To retrieve items out of the front of my bed without needing to climb into the bed fold back my Tonneau Cover I have a mop handle with a hook on the end. Doesn't take up much room and works great for pulling items from the front of the bed to the tailgate.

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found this hack on another forum, and I went out and bought 2 Husky bins from Home Depot and a racheting cargo bar to keep them there. Cost was $40 and with a tonneau cover on, it's like having a small trunk in the back of your bed! And you can remove the bins and the bar in seconds if needed.

Cargo Bins
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Stackable-Storage-Bin-in-Black-232387/300170479

Cargo Bar
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Keeper-Ratcheting-Cargo-Bar-47059/207097432

View attachment 175817
$30-40 bucks! And it looks great too, SOLD. Heading to HD this weekend, now I can return my Kroger grocery basket. lol

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Found this hack on another forum, and I went out and bought 2 Husky bins from Home Depot and a racheting cargo bar to keep them there. Cost was $40 and with a tonneau cover on, it's like having a small trunk in the back of your bed! And you can remove the bins and the bar in seconds if needed.

Cargo Bins
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Stackable-Storage-Bin-in-Black-232387/300170479

Cargo Bar
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Keeper-Ratcheting-Cargo-Bar-47059/207097432

View attachment 175817
Plus, 1st post and it's a doozy! Give that man a cigar!

MT Hillbilly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Admittedly, my bed slippage fix is more designed for construction tools, but, I will add my two cents. I bought a horse stall mat, which fits in the bed, and is thick non slip rubber, it is stiff enough that the ribs of the truck hold it up so moisture doesn't get trapped under it. I have actually carried an open five gallon bucket of water placed at the back of the bed, not tied down and it just rode. (Of course I avoided quick stops.) As long as I tie the handles on the plastic bags to gather to keep groceries in the bags, they always just stay put where ever I leave them. Surprisingly even two, 2 litter bottles of pop don't move much when they have to roll the whole plastic bag.

TexasDrone

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 and 2019
Engine
Cummings 6.7

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the rambox cargo management bed so it has the adjustable divider but u still had issues with crap rolling around so I employed three milk crates and you could also run a bungee across thru handles from hook to hook and they will not go anywhere

Barry Chadwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7