Behind the grille bug screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for a "behind the grille bug screen" for a 2016 Ram 1500. Have looked on Amazon, Google, Auto Anything, and e-bay and found nothing acceptable. Does anyone have one or a source or have you made your own?? Was thinking of some window screen and then installing a couple of grommets and using zip ties(Kinda shade tree)LOL
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Looking for a "behind the grille bug screen" for a 2016 Ram 1500. Have looked on Amazon, Google, Auto Anything, and e-bay and found nothing acceptable. Does anyone have one or a source or have you made your own?? Was thinking of some window screen and then installing a couple of grommets and using zip ties(Kinda shade tree)LOL
Jay

I used to make one that fit the 1500's with electric steering Jay. But I gave my pattern to a welder as he was going to make them ,but when he moved he lost the pattern,aarrgghh,lol. If you look close at the bottom of the rad support there's a couple holes that are drilled and tapped for if I remember right 8mmX 1.25 bolts. I used those holes and the couple holes on the top of the rad support to hold a rectangle made out of 1/8" X 1/2" flat bar,that I welded expanded mesh to,then wrapped it with screen door screen. I made 5 ended up giving 2 away/keeping one for myself and selling 2 for the price of materials,then gave the pattern away,lol. I'm having a hell'va time with facebook these days,can't get into any of the good sites unless i'm tagged. If you tag me I should see it,and I can work on seeing if I can get sort of a pic of it for you.I'll pop the top plastic cover off and get a pic from the top,but i'm not pulling the grill for the bottom view,lol
Rick

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been looking for one as well. I pulled the grill out a couple weeks ago to see if I could sandwich some metal screen in between the grill and the air deflectors but I could see myself destroying my grill lol

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm going to change the inserts on mine and I thought that might be a good time to put something in there to stop all the bugs. I took the slates out so I thought I might have some more room to work with. Maybe I should wait till I take the grille completely out to look and see what might work and how to attach it. Rick- thanks for the offer, I knew you had been MIA for a while, thought maybe you made someone "happy" and they gave you a little vacation---LOL
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I'm going to change the inserts on mine and I thought that might be a good time to put something in there to stop all the bugs. I took the slates out so I thought I might have some more room to work with. Maybe I should wait till I take the grille completely out to look and see what might work and how to attach it. Rick- thanks for the offer, I knew you had been MIA for a while, thought maybe you made someone "happy" and they gave you a little vacation---LOL
Jay

Somehow I seem to have qualified for facebooks new version,and let me tell you,i'm not happy about it Jay. Being slightly older and not putor savy i'm having a hell've time finding my way around it these days.My wife's still on the older facebook,i'm not sure how I managed to qualify for Zuckerburgs new version,but if I ever run into him,he's gonna hear an earful,lol.Tag me on one of the facebook pages Jay and i'll get a couple pic's of it up for you in an hour or 2.

OP
OP
Pull Ya

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Rick--I got a notice on that "new" Facebook thing but I also got a notice that I could opt out--and I did cause I'm like you-old and don't want to fool with something new to learn. They said I could go to "settings" and could change back if I wanted. Maybe you can go into that and undo it.
Jay

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Rick--I got a notice on that "new" Facebook thing but I also got a notice that I could opt out--and I did cause I'm like you-old and don't want to fool with something new to learn. They said I could go to "settings" and could change back if I wanted. Maybe you can go into that and undo it.
Jay

I never got that notice Jay,i did dig into it a bit,and a select few users were never given that option.I guess they're forcing some users to be guinea pigs,and i'm apparently one of them.I even messaged facebook about going back to the old version "several times" I might add,and I've never even gotten a hello or anything back.Even thought about putting the squeeze on Justin Way as I think he works for Facebook,but I can't find him lately,aarrgghh,lol. If you tag me on FB,let me know on here if I don't reply in an hour or 2 Jay,just in case I missed it.

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Never looked for my ram. But it was popular and I had one on my f150 EB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
On my '05 when I replaced the grill I got me some vinyl screening and rubber cemented it to the back side so that it's stretched taut. It's been in there for about 8 months now and no damage yet and it's easy to wash off with a water hose. It won't stop a rock, but it keeps the bugs from plugging up the radiators and when it does wear out I can cut me another piece, pop out the grill, replace, and pop the grill back in. A couple bucks and a couple hours or cheap and cheerful as my mum in-law likes to say.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I buy a new (to me) vehicle, I go to Lowe's and get some nylon window screen. I attach it to the top and sides as close to the grill as possible. I leave the bottom loose. I did this in 2002 to my DD and I pull the belly pan off once a year to change the oil. Normally a handful of bug parts. Rad. & A/c fins clean and straight. I have done it this was ever since. Nick

Anthony Kalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Nick14,
I did the EXACT same thing last July on the first day I picked up my new Ram and installed it in Walmart’s parking lot along with a new K&N air filter !

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, first thing I do when I get a different vehicle. Cheap insurance against bugs, rocks and other debris.