Best brand of headers

Looking for the best overall choice of header between these

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm just considering for when my extended warranty expires going with a nice set of headers, been reading through all the posts on here debating them all. Right now just feeling it all out. I do figure if I pull the trigger it will be long tube, and narrowed it down to these, been reading pros to all. I would get cats for sure, and as my sig says, won't ever go crazy with mods at all. So I'm looking at the easiest to install, and kit that has the most complete setup. I've read AFE has it's cats closer to the front, so codes don't trigger, is this true, and of the rest. Just looking for what folks feel is the best, most complete kit with least headaches. Thanks everyone, your opinions do mean a lot, this forum has tons of info and great people!!!

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I'm just considering for when my extended warranty expires going with a nice set of headers, been reading through all the posts on here debating them all. Right now just feeling it all out. I do figure if I pull the trigger it will be long tube, and narrowed it down to these, been reading pros to all. I would get cats for sure, and as my sig says, won't ever go crazy with mods at all. So I'm looking at the easiest to install, and kit that has the most complete setup. I've read AFE has it's cats closer to the front, so codes don't trigger, is this true, and of the rest. Just looking for what folks feel is the best, most complete kit with least headaches. Thanks everyone, your opinions do mean a lot, this forum has tons of info and great people!!!
Here is the aFe set before installation. I believe stainless works puts the cat right after the header aswell.6EB9DBEC-9A70-4283-833F-A2DA0C966775.jpeg

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARH really seem to be a preferred brand for the Rams... although the others do look top quality too. Those AFE's above look very nice. Long tubes really are quite the change from factory logs.

Factory

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
See my replace to choosing headers post

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
you cant go wrong with any of those as far as quality. We now offer all of those brands. We have shipped out many of each of those listed. Let us know if you would like a quote on any of them or any specific info

Hipps2000

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Which ever you choose get them ceramic coated inside and out. Makes a world of difference as well as preserves them. My headers are still looking like new! Had them installed 3 years ago. My magnaflow 16869 broke a weld recently and they warranted me a brand new 16869 kit which I just had coated inside and out. Pipes will last much longer as well as handle heat and flow better. I couldn’t believe how bad the exhaust looked after 3 years and 304 stainless. Up in snow country calcium eats em!

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Which ever you choose get them ceramic coated inside and out. Makes a world of difference as well as preserves them. My headers are still looking like new! Had them installed 3 years ago. My magnaflow 16869 broke a weld recently and they warranted me a brand new 16869 kit which I just had coated inside and out. Pipes will last much longer as well as handle heat and flow better. I couldn’t believe how bad the exhaust looked after 3 years and 304 stainless. Up in snow country calcium eats em!

FYI, MF uses 409 in their cat back systems, not 304.

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=16869

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Please remember that you will not see the full potential of your long tube headers unless you have a custom tune.
Jay

OP
OP
B

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Yea, I should have had my Magnaflow coated too.....

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shorties, I not sure about--but long tubes for sure. You might double check with your tuner on the shorties.
Jay

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I even ran long tube headers on my truck for a while before the Diablosport tuner was available. Every so often I'd get a CEL concerning the catalyst efficiency (or something like that) but otherwise didn't have a problem. Obviously you will get better performance when tuning for the headers as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reyzapien88