Best headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandonszel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Suggestion on headers to replace the manifold that’s messed up. I have a 2013 Hemi 1500. Want to spend money but don’t want to go overboard.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for power or just replace them due to broken studs? There are quite a few posts about this already. Jba makes shorties that’ll bolt right in place of the factory manifold and no tuning required

OP
OP
B

Brandonszel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looking for power or just replace them due to broken studs? There are quite a few posts about this already. Jba makes shorties that’ll bolt right in place of the factory manifold and no tuning required
Manifolds giving me problems, just going to upgrade

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
American Racing Headers are the highest quality and best fitting headers for the RAM.
_PICKUP_b3327015-92e0-47f2-b7df-85bb1a88aabe_2000x.png
Contact me for a quote. Please specify which transmission you have if you contact me for a quote. ARH actually makes 2 different kits, one for the 6 spd, and one for the 8 spd unlike all other brands. That is the level of attention and quality ARH offers!

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
American Racing Headers are the highest quality and best fitting headers for the RAM.
_PICKUP_b3327015-92e0-47f2-b7df-85bb1a88aabe_2000x.png
Contact me for a quote. Please specify which transmission you have if you contact me for a quote. ARH actually makes 2 different kits, one for the 6 spd, and one for the 8 spd unlike all other brands. That is the level of attention and quality ARH offers!
How are stainless works?

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put some short afe headers on mine. Bolts are a ***** to get to. The arh look easier

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got ARH headers and their exhaust on my 2012 Sport. Love em.
Look great. What tune are you running? What other exhaust mods do you have
20190610_110153_zps05e6aydo.jpg
20190610_110204_zps51g1tttx.jpg
20190610_122651_zpsgqoutlp3.jpg

Their fitment is "like a glove". You won't be disappointed.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So, Nick@gotexhaust is the perfect person to do business with and I have done a lot with him and will do more in the future. What Pull Ya said is 500% true. Do it right the first time and spend a little more. Shorty headers are ok substitutes for the stock manifolds but won’t give you any real extra power but they’re cheaper. Long tube headers will give you more power but you will have to get a different y pipe and a tune (either via email or at a local dyno tuner) to turn off check engine lights and get the most out of them but they have definite power benefits. ARH, Stainless Werks, or JBA headers are your top of the class choices for long tube headers. It seems like if you go with shorty headers a lot of the companies are having quality issues with their welds from a lot of different posts that I have read here and on Facebook in the multiple groups that I belong to for Ram Trucks.

Tim Garceau

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport Quad BSP
Engine
3.92 8 Speed 5.7 4X4
BBK has an issue with their 4014 set of shorties, we’ll see what they reply about my weld cracking after 8 months.

jknappen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What size should I run 1 3/4 or 1 7/8? Would the catted ypipe still need tuned?

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
1 3/4”. I would do catted especially if you’re in an area that does emissions as there’s a huge fine if you don’t have cats!

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
I installed JBA shorty's earlier this spring. I agree with everyone else advising that performance gains are minimal with shorty's. If you're just looking to go with something that hopefully won't break later and aren't overly expensive, then shorty's are the way to go. With shorty's, you don't have to get a tune. If you're looking for big gains, go with long tubes & tune.

RAMTRPR

"Enjoy The Little Things"
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with eBay cheap shorties and am now going with genuine JBA after figment issues and also replacing my cats with OEM Y-pipe+Magnaflow y piece. I’m in California so have to stay CARB legal with my commuter :)

CA = JBA Short
Non-CA = Longtube and Cats or catless based on emissions.

I’ll get pics of my install from the shop once it’s all done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Activate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 and 1998
Engine
360 and 410 with SC
I am also thinking of headers, I have a broken bolt so time to change...
Shorty's or longtubes thats the question...and of course with the LT the Y pipe....and wich one...

The engine is stock only Diablo tune, 57 MM TB, and magnoflow exhaust

Is there a difference in catted or non catted?
Will the Torque be the same with or without them?

Thanks for the input.

Greetings,

Erik.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I am also thinking of headers, I have a broken bolt so time to change...
Shorty's or longtubes thats the question...and of course with the LT the Y pipe....and wich one...

The engine is stock only Diablo tune, 57 MM TB, and magnoflow exhaust

Is there a difference in catted or non catted?
Will the Torque be the same with or without them?

Thanks for the input.

Greetings,

Erik.

Whether you go shorties or long tube headers more depends on your personal end goals for power. If you want to keep it pretty much stock then go with shorties and be done with it. You might get a couple of more hp or torque out of it but don’t hold your breath. If you’re thinking of adding a lot more hp then go with long tube headers (1 3/4” if you aren’t ever going to add a turbo or supercharger. 1 7/8” if you might). As for catted vs catless, catted y pipe will keep your low end torque but you won’t see as much of a higher rpm power increase as catless. Plus, if you’re in an area/city that does emissions be smart and just get the catted as there could be HUGE FINES if you are caught without them.