Best level kit ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
What is the best level kit for a 2020 Rebel with a little bit of rake and why is it the best? I was thinking 2" and 1" rear

OP
OP
leeroy300

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
anyone?
and also is the kit the same for a 2018 1500 sport?

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd assume since you have a Rebel you'll be offroading it and hence the reason you're asking for the best ? Absolute best will be any combination of Kings with Thuren 2.5 system, or Carli 2.5 system or the King 2.5 OE system with Icon 1.5" rear springs and your choice of aftermarket UCA's (Zone, Icon, JBA, etc), similar performers, Fox OE 2.5 system, Radflo OE 2.5 system, and Last in the list Icon OE 2.5 system, not because they’re bad but because it’s the only kit in the segment that won’t give you front reservoirs and front compression adjusters. You have the option to go with your choice of 1-1.5” rear coil springs and aftermarket ucas.

Going down in performance but still a setup you can bash you have Icon Stage 1 (The best in that price range because of the Icon 2.5 front CO), Carli Fox 2.0 system, Fox 2.0 OE system, Falcon system, Bilstein 6112’s struts with 5160 rear shocks, all with your choice of 1-1.5” coil springs and aftermarket ucas.

Then you have your street performers Rancho, 5100’s, Eibach etc. you can off-road with those as well no problem. You won’t keep up with anything above for more than 10-15 min while off-roading past 30mph. That’s assuming you didn’t add one of those garbage spacers on top of your strut for the “tough” look.

Then you have spacers in any combination from $50 eBay specials to the shinny “tough” looking ones that cost $300. All same garbage but marketing is a beautiful thing.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is the best level kit for a 2020 Rebel with a little bit of rake and why is it the best? I was thinking 2" and 1" rear

Does your truck have the air suspension or conventional coils/struts?

Saintwho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'd assume since you have a Rebel you'll be offroading it and hence the reason you're asking for the best ? Absolute best will be any combination of Kings with Thuren 2.5 system, or Carli 2.5 system or the King 2.5 OE system with Icon 1.5" rear springs and your choice of aftermarket UCA's (Zone, Icon, JBA, etc), similar performers, Fox OE 2.5 system, Radflo OE 2.5 system, and Last in the list Icon OE 2.5 system, not because they’re bad but because it’s the only kit in the segment that won’t give you front reservoirs and front compression adjusters. You have the option to go with your choice of 1-1.5” rear coil springs and aftermarket ucas.

Going down in performance but still a setup you can bash you have Icon Stage 1 (The best in that price range because of the Icon 2.5 front CO), Carli Fox 2.0 system, Fox 2.0 OE system, Falcon system, Bilstein 6112’s struts with 5160 rear shocks, all with your choice of 1-1.5” coil springs and aftermarket ucas.

Then you have your street performers Rancho, 5100’s, Eibach etc. you can off-road with those as well no problem. You won’t keep up with anything above for more than 10-15 min while off-roading past 30mph. That’s assuming you didn’t add one of those garbage spacers on top of your strut for the “tough” look.

Then you have spacers in any combination from $50 eBay specials to the shinny “tough” looking ones that cost $300. All same garbage but marketing is a beautiful thing.

well i have just been enlightened, never was in the market for a leveling kit until now and I had no idea just how baddass they got lol. Always just had lift kits but I am a little older now just looking to level... I think :D I certainly had no idea about those top tier systems. You have much input over how much better those say the king with thuren is over my stock rebel? Seems to ride great I just cant stand the 2.5" of rake it has. Here I was about to pull the trigger on the readylift lol

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
well i have just been enlightened, never was in the market for a leveling kit until now and I had no idea just how baddass they got lol. Always just had lift kits but I am a little older now just looking to level... I think :D I certainly had no idea about those top tier systems. You have much input over how much better those say the king with thuren is over my stock rebel? Seems to ride great I just cant stand the 2.5" of rake it has. Here I was about to pull the trigger on the readylift lol

Day and night when offorading. Take your truck to any dirt road where you'll find ruts, washes, bumps etc, and floor it from 10mph, increase to 15, then to 20,30,40mph etc, etc, how fast are you willing to go before you can say oh crap i'll tear something down if i continue giving her gas... Unless you were driving on a smooth dirt road, that speed will be around 20-30mph, now see for how long you can keep that speed on the trail, are you willing to go 5 min, 10 min, 30 min, 2 hours at the same speed ???? This is the where the top tier systems will shine, your truck will beg for more gas, you can easily double the speed, Rough spots where you think the truck will bottom out badly and give you that feeling oh chit i broke something down will now be as smooth as ******** it i need to go faster :)

Another way to put if you're familiar with riding snow mobiles, and the first time you had to jump over an obstacle because there was no other way around it, you were hauling but on that turn, you didn't see that big bump in the snow and you just jumped her.... i bet you were ohhhhhh chiiaaaatttt.... but then she landed and the grin in your face is the only thing you'll remember for the next 3 months ? that's how it feels when you run these type of shocks hahaha.

Same thing when you go from your Walmart mountain bike (i have those) to a Downhill mountain bike (i rent those when i want to have fun in sumnmer and we're on vacations to enjoy mountan biking in Mammoth,CA for example), the difference is huge. My Walmart bike can take a couple of big jumps but she feels like she will explode on the 3rd one mid air. Downhill bikes feel composed on every jump, and you're in complete control when you land. This is the experience with Kings or any other hi performance shocks if you haven't tried them offroad at speed. The sense of control, the sense of being able to give the truck more gas and feel the the washes/whoops undernath like they're not even there, you're literally gliding over the rough for miles and miles.....

Not a thing for everybody but if you can afford them and you enjoy offroading on trails where you can open her up, i guarantee it's a feeling you'll never forget. I'll pay again to have it and in fact and the RAM is the 5th vehicle where i've had a similar setup, my first time trying Kings and i have zero regrets, prob will have Kings again if i sell this truck and change it for something else that can go as fast or faster in the dirt. From here there is only long travel, but mid travel gets me happy and somehow wallet conscious for like forever.

Have fun.

Last edited:
OP
OP
leeroy300

leeroy300

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie Sport
Engine
6.7 l
ok thanx for all the great help now will all this fit 2018 1500 sport?