Best Method for Dent on Front Bumper?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raider76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
While washing my truck today I noticed a damn dent in my front bumper! Right next to license plate. Makes me sick cause Im that guy who parks a mile away from everyone and thing hoping this wont happen. Whats the best way to go about fixing this? Is this gonna be tough to get out?

Attachments

• Snapchat-365252145.jpg
    Snapchat-365252145.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Snapchat-1539591134.jpg
    Snapchat-1539591134.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 12

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Heat will soften the plastic, may be from behind with a heat gun , or heat up a piece of metal , then push from behind if accessible.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Hard to tell but that looks like a very small dent. If it is as small as I think it is I would try just building up two or three coats of touch up paint.

OP
OP
Raider76

Raider76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Hard to tell but that looks like a very small dent. If it is as small as I think it is I would try just building up two or three coats of touch up paint.
Its about 3/4 " long, kindve a weird dent. I will try these suggestions before I take her some where. I knownits not huge I just don't trust myself w body and paint work haha

Attachments

• Snapchat-1987314638.jpg
    Snapchat-1987314638.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 5

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Its about 3/4 " long, kindve a weird dent. I will try these suggestions before I take her some where. I knownits not huge I just don't trust myself w body and paint work haha
Well, if that is 3/4" long it may be too deep for my suggestion. It also looks like there are raised edges that need to be smoothed if you are real picky. Trying Mopar touch up paint to fill it in won't hurt anyhting but outside that, if you aren't practiced at this kind of stuff, I would take it to a good body shop. A couple of hundred bucks is better than the damage you can do heating it wrong or working on it yourself.

OP
OP
Raider76

Raider76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Well, if that is 3/4" long it may be too deep for my suggestion. It also looks like there are raised edges that need to be smoothed if you are real picky. Trying Mopar touch up paint to fill it in won't hurt anyhting but outside that, if you aren't practiced at this kind of stuff, I would take it to a good body shop. A couple of hundred bucks is better than the damage you can do heating it wrong or working on it yourself.
Yeah true, youre right..

Maybe its time for a guard.

Thanks

RaptorHD

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 2500HD
Engine
6.7 Cummins
looks like some douche backed into you, it was a pickup with a receiver hitch.. I know your pain, I always park away from everybody else! I parked my Marauder one day, its pristine too and some douche decided he wanted to park next to me with his POS,,,then Dinged the **** out of my front fender! ******!!

Since its on the front of the bumper, you could do it a few ways, totally take the bumper apart, remove the Urethane cover and as some others stated heat it from the back side until its fairly hot then place it face down on something real hard now on the back side get a flat plate of metal that is about two inches long and an inch wide that has been heated as well, place it over the spot and get something fairly heavy to set on the metal, let it stand until cool...

If your bumper is like mine and that part is not urethane but metal, again remove the bumper, get a metal hand dolly (for body work) wrap the dolly with a cloth, place it over the dent and use a body hammer on the back side to pound the dent flat again..

Third option, replace it..sorry ... I have a 2019/2020 bumper too,,same color.. now if you want a really cool bumper, look here: http://backroadproducts.com/heavy-duty-front-bumper-12280rc/ I have this bumper on mine---LOVE IT!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take the bumper off and use a heat gun. It will pop out. It probably wont be perfect, but it will pop out.