Best TUNE for towing with 6.4 Hemi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptrgrg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
2022 2500HD 4X4 6.4 Hemi.
Best tuner for more low end torque and HP. Thx

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Gonna throw this out there and say that there's a strong chance you'll void your warranty if you throw a tuner on it. If you're not worried about it, so be it, it's your call.

That said, the 6.4 is a pretty stout motor when it comes to factory low-end torque (Horsepower is a function of that, so more torque=more hp, but you don't really worry about low end hp, that's more a high-end function). A tuner will help you add a little bit, but it's not going to throw down big increases like you can get/see with a diesel because there's no factory power adder like a turbo or supercharger. I don't know what the numbers for the 6.4 are, but typically you'll only see 50ish hp and around the same in torque for increase, I might be high on these numbers. Diesels can see bigger (100+) numbers, but there is a danger of blowing it up if you don't do supporting mods.

You won't really see big number changes unless you start replacing hard parts. Some are easier than others (headers are simple but I don't know how available they are, cam changes are involved and require an engine teardown but can throw down some big number changes and are complimented by a good tune).

The other option for big changes is a supercharger/blower. I believe there are kits available for the 6.4, but I haven't looked in years. They're not as involved as, say, a cam swap, they SHOULD come with a new tune to take advantage of the extra air, and you'll see big number changes because you're adding a blower, but they're pretty costly.

I pulled a lot of things with my old Wagon, and never really wanted for more torque or horsepower. More mileage, sure, but never more power. I've got a LOT more now with the CTD, but I'll likely never need all of it.

OP
OP
P

ptrgrg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thx - A smaller Supercharger looks like the way to go, 6.0 PSI Max.
Yup, the warranty goes out the window...

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I would say if you can't tow comfortably with what you have, you're in the wrong truck. Either you are over weight, towing in the mountains, or trying to qualify for Darlington while towing. One and two are 3500 diesel country. Three is an accident looking for the place to happen.