Bighorn missing Alexa App/Icon and theme resetting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bmatth1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hi guys,

First post here. I tried searching but these questions are very specific. I had a 2022 1500 Bighorn with the V6, but was never quite happy with the engine and traded it in for a 2023 1500 Bighorn hemi earlier today. Both trucks have the same bighorn level 2 equipment group, the only difference being the new truck is the Uconnect 5 8.4" screen WITHOUT navigation.

I am having trouble with setting the theme, as every time I select theme 1, it resets to theme 2 with the blocky letters whenever the truck is restarted, even though it shows up as theme 1 still being active.

Also there is no Alexa app/icon available in the app menu. This isn't a big deal as I rarely used it in the old truck, but from my understanding it should also be available on the Uconnect 5 8.4" without navigation, just as it was on the Uconnect 8.4" with navigation. Has anyone had these issues?

Thank you!

OP
OP
B

Bmatth1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Sorry - wanted to ask one more thing. The date and time has to be manually adjusted and there is no option for GPS sync. I understand it is a non-navigation Uconnect 5, but shouldn’t the date and time be linked to the on board GPS used for emergency services? I feel as though this Uconnect 5 is vastly different and inferior to the one I just had, with the only difference being non-navigation. Bummer.

Thanks again

brian42

Military
Reaction score
There is a setting to either manually adjust the clock or have it sync.

I had a similar issue with the themes for my uConnect 4. I eventually had my software updated and it solved the issue.

Have the dealer check for a newer software revision. If there isn't one out there have them re-flash the current revision to see if that is more stable and fixes the issue.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990