BladeRunner 3" Intercooler Tubes Hot and Cold Side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
There’s no benefit aside from lightening the load on your wallet. If you bought the tubes with the intercooler, then sure it’ll make a being difference, but :manos:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Unfortunately the bottleneck will be with the turbo, changing the intercooler and/or pipes will look good but not gain any noticable improvement without a tune. Some tuners like to over speed the turbo, a short term gain over longevity.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
Unfortunately the bottleneck will be with the turbo, changing the intercooler and/or pipes will look good but not gain any noticable improvement without a tune. Some tuners like to over speed the turbo, a short term gain over longevity.
So do you think the GDE larger turbo is better than the Compound setup?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
So do you think the GDE larger turbo is better than the Compound setup?
The GDE turbo is probably well engineered but I'm not sure it's available unless your Canadian. The EPA took a lot of companies offerings off the table

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
The GDE turbo is probably well engineered but I'm not sure it's available unless your Canadian. The EPA took a lot of companies offerings off the table
I’m pretty sure you’re right, I looked at their site after I asked and couldn’t find it. Wonder if there is a work around for that to get it through CA. Which is odd they’d have them pull a turbo replacement

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Wonder if there is a work around for that to get it through CA. Which is odd they’d have them pull a turbo replacement

Going through some where like HD Diesel is probably your best bet.
As for the turbo, any deviation from the stock air intake usually requires a CARB EO number. Even cold air intakes are subject to having an EO number. If I remember correctly part of why the turbo is the choke point is the exhaust back-pressure it's on the high side but it's so the exhaust gasses can be forced into the intake under pressure.