Borla Catback Crew Cab 6’4” bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jtech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey All,

Just an FYI because I was going nuts trying to figure this out. Borla does not make a catback system for a crew cab with a 6’4” bed (I have a 2017 1500). I emailed Borla who confirmed they did not and asked them if extra pipe would be needed to make it fit to which they offered no advice other than “it probably can be done by a shop”

I spoke to a local exhaust shop who said they would be able to put an extra pipe in if needed.

I ordered the Borla Touring Catback ( 140552) from [mention]NickGotExhaust [/mention] who is awesome and had the best price around.

This system was for a Crew Cab 5’7” bed.

The shop installed it today and it fit perfect without any additional pipe or modification. The installer also commented that it was the best fitting system and one of the nicest systems he has seen. I love the sound and look of the 5” tips.

I am not sure why Borla said it doesn’t fit, maybe they just didn’t test it on one of the longer beds. Hope this helps someone who is considering it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business. Also thank you for being willing to try this out. This is great feedback. I agree with the shop too. The Borla is a high quality, great fitting and amazing sounding system!

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
How would you describe the sound/loudness under normal driving conditions ? I don’t mean full right foot to the floor .... Wife/neighbor at 6:00 AM friendly ?

Reactions: BWL

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The exhaust systems are the same from the muffler back. So, if it just replaces the muffler, everything else will fall into place.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The exhaust systems are the same from the muffler back. So, if it just replaces the muffler, everything else will fall into place.

“Catback” ....

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
“Catback” ....

His system replaces the pipes from the muffler back, so again, any system that replaces the pipes from the muffler back, wheelbase doesn't matter, the difference in length is made up before the muffler. Screenshot_20201217-120613_Chrome.jpg

LeeD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How would you describe the sound/loudness under normal driving conditions ? I don’t mean full right foot to the floor .... Wife/neighbor at 6:00 AM friendly ?

I have the Borla Touring version. It's not too loud for a 6am start in my opinion. Now the un-named muffler and hack job pipes that came on my truck would wake the dead at any time...LOL
I've done a lot of exhaust changes/replacements over the years and the Borla exhaust was absolutely the best made fit and finish I've ever seen.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Yes, should be safe, Magnaflow #16869 was same for my 5'7" bed and my Single cab 6'4" bed. Same part number.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes, should be safe, Magnaflow #16869 was same for my 5'7" bed and my Single cab 6'4" bed. Same part number.

I have the MF 16869 now, and was hoping the Borla Touring would be a lil quieter .....

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
I have the MF 16869 now, and was hoping the Borla Touring would be a lil quieter .....

I think the touring sounded close to what you and I used too have LOL

But I almost pulled the trigger on the Borla before I sold my truck.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I think the touring sounded close to what you and I used too have LOL

But I almost pulled the trigger on the Borla before I sold my truck.

Borla has a resonator that can be added that will take it down a notch .... That might be the way to go ....

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Borla has a resonator that can be added that will take it down a notch .... That might be the way to go ....

agreed!

OP
OP
J

Jtech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

It is a more aggressive then stock on cold start and sounds much better but it idles super quiet. If you get on it, it comes alive. It’s perfect because I don’t want to wake the neighbors or aggregate the wife. I think you would be good to go with the touring. Here are some pics of the 5” tips62b1d3b2e794ff7262ccede9adfc933c.jpg
1a0c4f0fd83e449a8f2b063d1dc432b0.jpg
2e1e7a80dab93cad48127cc945aa3a51.jpg